Angus and Julia Stone - Down The Way

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Beach House - Teen Dream

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II

The Middle East - Recordings of The Middle East EP

Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

The National - High Violet (Limited Edition)

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Radiohead - Ok Computer

Sufjan Stevens - The Age Of Adz

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

The xx - The xx

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a box. Mostly older stuff.

IMG_2394.jpg

Still have a complete Zeppelin set.

IMG_2401.jpg

Lots of Pink Floyd, Stones, The Who, Hendrix, Yardbirds and The Beatles.

Nice collection!

I want to get some Beatles albums on vinyl sometime

vinyl1.jpg

vinyl2.jpg

Angus and Julia Stone - Down The Way

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Beach House - Teen Dream

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II

The Middle East - Recordings of The Middle East EP

Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

The National - High Violet (Limited Edition)

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Radiohead - Ok Computer

Sufjan Stevens - The Age Of Adz

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

The xx - The xx

Nice collection! we have a few same albums (Radiohead, Teen Dream) I've heard that the National vinyl is pretty sweet

MPP cover is rotated the wrong way! [/pedantic]

I didn't even notice. haha

Funny this thread should come up. I have been buying vinyl albums for close to 8 years, but I originally did so because I loved the artwork. Within the past couple of years, I actually started playing some of the vinyl records I've collected (long story but the main reason is because I move a lot and record players and stereo systems aren't that portable). Anyhow, I really enjoy listening to vinyl records, and I'm still very appreciative of the artwork.

I used to buy a lot of used vinyl, but the cost of used vinyl has gone up considerably within the last few years. I remember picking up same major albums for around $3. It's nowhere even close to that price now. Yard sales are still a great place to pick up used vinyl cheap. Just a side note - I love it when you buy used vinyl and the prior owner left the wrapping on and just slit one end. It's awesome to find it in that condition.

I used to buy a lot of used vinyl, but the cost of used vinyl has gone up considerably within the last few years. I remember picking up same major albums for around $3. It's nowhere even close to that price now. Yard sales are still a great place to pick up used vinyl cheap. Just a side note - I love it when you buy used vinyl and the prior owner left the wrapping on and just slit one end. It's awesome to find it in that condition.

True story. That's where my parents got the few vinyls I own.

Actually, not too long ago, my mom went around to garage sales on a Friday, and at one of the estate sales she went to, she saw this HUGE collection of older vinyls in mint condition. I think because of that, though, the prices were higher, and my mom didn't get any because of it. :thinking:

True story. That's where my parents got the few vinyls I own.

Actually, not too long ago, my mom went around to garage sales on a Friday, and at one of the estate sales she went to, she saw this HUGE collection of older vinyls in mint condition. I think because of that, though, the prices were higher, and my mom didn't get any because of it. :thinking:

Estate sales rock. It can be a little creepy walking through the houses, but they still rock.

I love looking at people's vinyl record collection. It combines three things I love: music, artwork, and collecting. The size of the artwork on vinyl records is just great, and it's something that is definitely missing during the digital download area. I'm weird because I even love the smell of old vinyl. I really enjoy going to genuine record stores and thumbing through their racks. I also have a lot of autographed vinyl which, in my opinion, looks amazing hanging on a wall.

I love looking at people's vinyl record collection. It combines three things I love: music, artwork, and collecting. The size of the artwork on vinyl records is just great, and it's something that is definitely missing during the digital download area. I'm weird because I even love the smell of old vinyl. I really enjoy going to genuine record stores and thumbing through their racks. I also have a lot of autographed vinyl which, in my opinion, looks amazing hanging on a wall.

:thumbsup: :D

I have :

Bring The Light - Beady Eye

The Roller - Beady Eye

+ 'Millionaire' on it's way

24 Carat Gold - Deep Purple

Time Flies vinyl box set - Oasis

that's it , not much :\

But I don't have a record player yet , so I'll wait untill I find one...

The problem is that I may not buy one , from my parents ... :(

They think it's useless , my dad always tells me how happy he was when cd's were comming up ..

So he didn't have to buy vinyl , and now , I want to buy "old stuff" :p

So I'm looking for one second hand ...

and still looking , for the last 5 months :\

I've been looking for 'Definitely Maybe' of Oasis for almost a year now ...

Still didn't find it :(

It hung in a record store once , but I didn't carry enough money ...

And then it was gone , still didn't found it back ! :\

It is possible to order vinyl off the internet...

So today was Record Store Day, i only could visit one store in Lisbon,only bought Forth by The Verve ..i wish i could bring some more records..but the ones i want were still expensive :wacky:

Acquiesce after i checked all my Lp´s i realise that i dont have Definetely Maybe nor (Whats the Story) Morning Glory :lol: I have The Masterplan and Be Here Now :)

Acquiesce after i checked all my Lp´s i realise that i dont have Definetely Maybe nor (Whats the Story) Morning Glory :lol: I have The Masterplan and Be Here Now :)

Well, that's f*cking awesome too ! :bomb:

It is possible to order vinyl off the internet...

baaah, I'm not sure about that , I did it with Beady Eye ,

'cause there wasn't really another option

But Definitely Maybe , someone must have it right ?

That's the reason I want that one , it's "old" I want to search for it

and find it , not just get the 'newest' one , and do no afford at all...

That's the cool thing about vinyl :p

I wish no-one made things pre-ordering-able :p

That's the awesome thing about new cd's , waiting in line at the shop ,

to get your cd , and just read the booklet ,and then come home and finnally

listen to it ! :mellow:

While now , the chance the album is leaked is soooo big , there's not that much suprise anymore ...

You can preorder and stuff , you don't even have to go to a shop to buy any cd...

You don't even get cd-cases with those download things ...

argh , if I only was born earlier :\

went with a friend to the only record store in town for record store day, but it was so crap. No beatles, no radiohead, no u2, no floyd. Just a shitload of johnny cash and ancient bad classic rock albums. Best thing we could find was Billy Joel, Joy Division and a This Will Destroy You album.

My limited collection:

Is This It-The Strokes

Under Cover of Darkness-The Strokes

VLVODAAHF-Coldplay

Minor Love-Adam Green

Siberian Breaks-MGMT

Congratulations (single)-MGMT

Phrazes For The Young-Julian Casablancas

Baby-Devendra Banhart

:awesome:

So what kind of material is the outer case? It looks a bit thicker than the standard vinyl cover case.

Yesterday I bid $1 for one on ebay. I'm the winning bidder so far; however the reserve isn't met yet so I suppose my 'winning' bid doesn't mean much.

:awesome:

So what kind of material is the outer case? It looks a bit thicker than the standard vinyl cover case.

Yesterday I bid $1 for one on ebay. I'm the winning bidder so far; however the reserve isn't met yet so I suppose my 'winning' bid doesn't mean much.

Eh... I dunno, my english skills are limited when it comes to THAT D:

The box set is a pretty expensive item nowadays, I got it as a gift, but the person who bought it did spend quite a lot of money for an LP.

Eh... I dunno, my english skills are limited when it comes to THAT D:

The box set is a pretty expensive item nowadays, I got it as a gift, but the person who bought it did spend quite a lot of money for an LP.

Yes, the ones I've seen are very expensive; the buy-it-now price on the listing is lower than retail, but it is still very expensive.

In regard to the material on the outside case, it almost kind of looked like leather or some other thick material/fabric (in the upper part of this picture). It's hard to tell from the picture though, that's why I was wondering if you could describe what you actually have.

$(KGrHqF,!isE2KEr8(lzBNq)8tto4w~~_12.JPG