✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Adele

alejolo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I'd like to say that while Adele doesn't fit society's conventional definition of beauty (whatever that means...it's irrelevant, anyway), I think Adele is a gorgeous woman with an amazing talent.

I'm not bothered whether she's "beautiful" or not - just whether she has great singing (and writing) talent, which she does.:smug:

Anyway, that article got me to thinking about how sexual some of these artists are getting. Sometimes, I watch "American Idol" for kicks and giggles, and on this one episode, they premiered a new Beyonce video. I don't really remember what the song was called or sounded like, but I do remember the vast amount of dancing that went on. The sad truth of the matter is, in an outlet like the pop world, sex sells. No, I don't think it should be that way, but it is, and that's why people are doing such things.

The other sad truth of the matter is that the song was truly dreadful (par for the course for visiting performers on AI, unfortunately). Classic case of a song which is reliant on pathetic dance routines and a terrible video to sell.:dozey:

Having said that, however, I think that Rihanna/Britney thing was out of line. Not that it was that surprising, given Britney did the exact same thing with Madonna several years ago, but really, broadcasting that at a time when children are watching is inappropriate.

I think Adele gives me hope. She shows that you don't have to fit a certain stereotype in order to be a success in the music world, and I think more people need to be made aware of that.

And she also proves you don't need to get on a TV talent show or dress like a prostitute to achieve success.:cool:

I'm not bothered whether she's "beautiful" or not - just whether she has great singing (and writing) talent, which she does.:smug:

The other sad truth of the matter is that the song was truly dreadful (par for the course for visiting performers on AI, unfortunately). Classic case of a song which is reliant on pathetic dance routines and a terrible video to sell.:dozey:

And she also proves you don't need to get on a TV talent show or dress like a prostitute to achieve success.:cool:

Yeah, I know. I was just stating what I thought.

DUDE, SO TRUE. I got bored of it so quickly. I really wish AI would bring more talented people onto their show. I really don't want to see people like Taio Cruz on that stage. They did have Il Volo on at the end of the season, however, and I thought those boys were quite good. Did you happen to see that?

Indeed. :D

Yeah, I know. I was just stating what I thought.

DUDE, SO TRUE. I got bored of it so quickly. I really wish AI would bring more talented people onto their show. I really don't want to see people like Taio Cruz on that stage. They did have Il Volo on at the end of the season, however, and I thought those boys were quite good. Did you happen to see that?

Yes, I did. They were definitely one of the better "guests", although there are now a lot of singing groups like them out there (e.g. Il Divo).

Even Jennifer Lopez and Steve Tyler's performances sucked.:dozey:

However, as far as the competition was concerned, I reckon it was the best one yet. The top four were all very talented and are sure to have great success.

Jennifer Lopez and Steve Tyler made excellent judges too, and Simon Cowell was not missed in any way whatsoever.

Yes, I did. They were definitely one of the better "guests", although there are now a lot of singing groups like them out there (e.g. Il Divo).

Even Jennifer Lopez and Steve Tyler's performances sucked.:dozey:

However, as far as the competition was concerned, I reckon it was the best one yet. The top four were all very talented and are sure to have great success.

Jennifer Lopez and Steve Tyler made excellent judges too, and Simon Cowell was not missed in any way whatsoever.

Well, the thing is, Il Volo are 16 and 17 years old and singing like that. Il Divo are much older. At any rate, I like them both, so I'm not really making a fuss or anything. I just thought I'd point that out.

BAHA, Steven Tyler. He kinda has an excuse, as he's in his 60s now. Having said that, however, I never was a big fan of Aerosmith even when they weren't so old, so I'm not sure how much that implies.

Ahhh, that Top 4. James should have easily won. I'm pretty sure Scotty won because he was cute, as the main audience is teenage girls. :| I didn't like Haley at all. She basically screams the whole time.

Actually, I rather like Simon. He might be brash, but at least he's honest with people, and he really has an ear for who has it, as opposed to who doesn't. He's not afraid to tell people, "Hey, this wasn't good, you need to fix it." (Not that he ever says it that way, but you know what I mean.)

Well, the thing is, Il Volo are 16 and 17 years old and singing like that. Il Divo are much older. At any rate, I like them both, so I'm not really making a fuss or anything. I just thought I'd point that out.

Yes, they are younger, but it's becoming like a production line as it has with boy bands over the years.

BAHA, Steven Tyler. He kinda has an excuse, as he's in his 60s now. Having said that, however, I never was a big fan of Aerosmith even when they weren't so old, so I'm not sure how much that implies.

I'm not an Aerosmith fan either. However, "Walk This Way" with Run DMC was impressive (especially the vid).

Ahhh, that Top 4. James should have easily won. I'm pretty sure Scotty won because he was cute, as the main audience is teenage girls. :| I didn't like Haley at all. She basically screams the whole time.

I was pretty stunned James didn't make the top two at least. It was obvious Scotty was going to win once the top three consisted of him and two girls.

Actually, I rather like Simon. He might be brash, but at least he's honest with people, and he really has an ear for who has it, as opposed to who doesn't. He's not afraid to tell people, "Hey, this wasn't good, you need to fix it." (Not that he ever says it that way, but you know what I mean.)

I just think his "act" had become a bit stale. He even admitted himself that last season's AI had been sub-standard.

They're not just a "boy band." They actually have training and substance. Even if I agreed with what you said, I'd say that more of this should be in the music scene, and less of just utter nonsense that exists within mainstream. A lot of stuff I hear on my local Top 40 stations sounds so manufactured and insincere. At least with groups like this, you can tell there's something real there.

Yeah, I agree. Those girls had no hope of winning. A friend of mine (who's a guy, by the way) insisted that Laura was going to win. I tried telling him it wasn't going to turn out that way, but he wouldn't listen. -shakes head-

Well, look, the show has just finished its 10th season. It's bound to take a downward spiral at some point, right?

They're not just a "boy band." They actually have training and substance. Even if I agreed with what you said, I'd say that more of this should be in the music scene, and less of just utter nonsense that exists within mainstream. A lot of stuff I hear on my local Top 40 stations sounds so manufactured and insincere. At least with groups like this, you can tell there's something real there.

I'm not questioning their talent, just the way groups of all sorts are being "put together" as if they were on a production line. I don't know anything about them, but I very much doubt they met by chance.

I haven't listened to "top 40" stations for some time, as I know they just play a load of manufactured dross.

Yeah, I agree. Those girls had no hope of winning. A friend of mine (who's a guy, by the way) insisted that Laura was going to win. I tried telling him it wasn't going to turn out that way, but he wouldn't listen. -shakes head-

The girls are always at a huge disadvantage. The boys have to be really sh*t for a girl to win.

Well, look, the show has just finished its 10th season. It's bound to take a downward spiral at some point, right?

As I said, last season's was probably the worst, and this season's was the best ever, partly because of the changes in the judging line-up.

The show's always entertaining, anyway.

I looked into that, and I read that they first appeared on an Italian talent show program called “Ti Lascio Una Canzone." They won it, and it was after that the boys decided to come up with a name.

I haven't listened to it, either. I do hear it involuntarily, however, when my brother blares crap from his stereo sometimes. :shifty:

Yeah, pretty much.

To be honest, I haven't followed a whole lot of the show, especially not after Season 5. I kinda ended up watching this last season because my parents were watching it, for whatever reason. :tongue:

I like Haley! :angry: To each its own :shame:

I like Paul McDonald though, he's the kind of guy I'll buy record from.

Btw, Haley sang Adele's Rolling in the Deep. Nobody should ever do that. Ever. Again, EVER. Period.

Btw, I would love to hear Amy, Adele and Duffy to trade songs and sing medley. Amy sings Duffy's Warwick Avenue, Duffy sings Adele's Chasing Pavements, Adele sings Amy's Love is A Losing Game. Yum. :dazzled:

God, Paul was even worse. I couldn't ever forgive him after his terrible cover of "Folsom Prison Blues." I don't even listen to Johnny Cash all that much, and I was still like, "What. The. Hell. D:"

Naw, man. There were a couple of people who sang that song on "The Voice," and I was horrified. There was this one girl in particular named Vicci who I thought just murdered it and spat on its corpse. :sad:

Oddly enough, while I love Adele and Amy, I don't feel that way about Duffy. I'm not sure why. :thinking:

Single Adele sets her sights on Prince Harry, despite vowing she 'would never go out with a ginger'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:53 AM on 9th June 2011

She once swore she would never date a man with red hair.

But it would seem Adele is prepared to make an exception in Prince Harry's case.

The singer has admitted she's 'after' the eligible royal because she thinks his penchant for partying would guarantee a 'right laugh'.

article-2001104-0C78F59300000578-527_468x816.jpg Watch out, Harry! The singer has admitted she's 'after' the eligible royal because she thinks he would be a 'right laugh'

In July's edition of Glamour magazine, Adele admits: 'I know I said I wouldn’t go out with a ginger, but it’s Prince Harry. I’d be a real duchess then! I’d love a night out with him. He seems like a right laugh.'

And the magazine images for the interview, shown here, showcase the singer's striking looks in a series of stunning mono and colour shots with a glorious retro feel.

In her usual candid style, the singer has spilled the beans - albeit only partially - on her love life and how a surge in sudden interest from men has led to string of dates with other celebrities.

She told Glamour: 'I’m single. But I get a lot more attention. If I was a guy, I’d be taking advantage.

article-2001104-0C78F58700000578-31_468x313.jpg Candid: The singer spilled the beans on her love live and revealed she had been at the receiving end of more attention from the opposite sex

article-2001104-0BAE75BB00000578-972_468x613.jpg Eligible: Prince Harry's penchant for partying has won him many admirers - including singer Adele

'I’ve been on a few dates with celebrities but I don’t like it. You go out and everyone just looks at you both.

'We go to really established places that know how to keep their mouths shut.'

She also admitted she liked a man in a suit, although said she preferred a boy in boxer shorts.

She added: 'I just love boys in general. I think they’re brilliant. There’s nothing like a cuddle. They’re complicated though.'

article-2001104-0C78F58300000578-325_468x468.jpg Stares: Adele says she doesn't like dating celebrities because 'everyone just looks'

article-2001104-0C3D3F2200000578-818_468x455.jpg Chart topper: The singer has taken the States by storm, achieving more across the pond than many British artists

It can be tough being in a relationship, especially when you live at home with your mother, as the singer does.

But Adele added:'We kind of have a schedule of when not to be in. She’s always met them before, but it’s a bit awkward the next morning.'

And it would seem Adele isn't just a hit with the boys these days.

Since the 22-year-old stormed the US with her second album, she has also won an army of celebrity admirers too.

When she was told Beyoncé was a fan of her music, Adele said: 'It makes my heart flicker. I’ve been a fan of hers since I was ten. Destiny’s Child were my life. I love her.'

Her meteoric rise has also sparked a new interest in the world of high end fashion for the singer.

'I’ve got into fashion now. I still love Primark and H&M, but I’m loving Moschino, Burberry, D&G and Prada.

'I got into them after Anna Wintour dressed me for Vogue for the Grammys. When we were designing the dress, I was like, “I’d go in my leggings and jumper if I could".

'But I love dressing up now. I love being girlie.'

The full interview with Adele is in the July 2011 edition of Glamour magazine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so fucking excited for tomorrow's performance on the VMA's.

I'm sooooo excited for the performance + award show. I love the fact that she got 7 nominations for rolling in the deep while gaga Britney etc got only 3 or 2 having many videos released :lol: