✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Adele

alejolo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adelephant, rolling in the mud

That aside, she could actually be doing something a lot more innovative and talented with her voice. I'm sick of hearing 21 all over the place, all I can think of when I hear her sing is Gnarls Barkley. Come on top 40, really?

It's not like now a days everyone is doing innovative stuff:dozey: . I'll rather have Adele singing songs like Rolling in the deep , Someone like you , Set fire to the rain than Rihanna singing S&M Katy singing Last friday night and Ke$ha singing Blow .

I'm so happy for Adele and the success she's having. And I'm most happy that she has made this type of music and it's doing better than the likes of Beyonce Rihanna , Britney ke$ha etc :lol:

True true, but still I'd rather have Lady Gaga's material from The Fame & Monster, maybe even some of BTW, than Adele. I know she's a huge hit (:D), but she's overplayed too much.

Also,

funny-Adele-fat-album.jpg

I love how fucking flawless and beautiful she looks :)

Lol , you complain about Adele being way too much overplayed ?. Come one , gaga is ten times more overplayed. Gaga is the bigger star , she's fucking everywhere. She has so much over exposure and is seeking for atenttion 24/7.

And I would rather listen to Rolling in the deep than Express yourself 2.0 aka Born this way on the radio. Or turn it on and listen to Bad romance 2.0 aka pokerface and stuff like that. I love TEOG or You and I though.

I'm not the biggest fan of Lady Gaga (I'm not really a fan of hers at all, if I'm honest), but I have to give her credit for one thing. She consistently makes music that gets stuck in your head very easily. That's why she's so successful, and that's why more people listen to her than Adele.

Having said that, I love Adele to pieces, and I find Lady Gaga to be an attention whore at times.

I'm not the biggest fan of Lady Gaga (I'm not really a fan of hers at all, if I'm honest), but I have to give her credit for one thing. She consistently makes music that gets stuck in your head very easily. That's why she's so successful, and that's why more people listen to her than Adele.

Having said that, I love Adele to pieces, and I find Lady Gaga to be an attention whore at times.

Rihanna , Katy perry and Britney do music that gets stucked in your head easily. It's the point of releasing a pop song , right? :rolleyes:

Well , although I do agree that Lady gaga is the biggest star ( I mean , Gaga is the biggest media star , she's everywhere: magazines , Tv shows , just everywhere. Is the biggest star overall , while Adele preffers to keep it down and only concentrate on the music ) sales tend to think otherwise :dozey: and that people listen more to adele :smug:

-21 has spent more than 20 weeks at #1 Worldwide selling over 9.5 million in 6 months. I don't know how much you know about music but that's completely INSANE. It continues to be top 2 on the WW charts. Has sold the most albums in a calendar year since the early 00's AND has sold about 90 percent of what Thefame/thefame mosnter have sold ;) ( It took TF/TFM about 3 years to sell that ) . And 21 didn't have re release ;) . And It's still on it's 1st single ;) . When Someone like you explodes + holiday sales + grammy sales she will have surpassed that by far.

-Rolling in the deep has sold more copies in a calendar year more than any other single digitally in history . Nearly after 5 months of exploding the single is at 5 million and continues to be top 10 on sales ;) . While gaga's biggest seller is at 6 million. Adele will surpass it in 2/3 weeks having , maybe the biggest selling song in digital music history.

-Rolling in the deep has been bigger than any of gaga's singles on radio. Lady gaga's biggest airplay hit had about 120 million impressions and was Bad Romance. Adele's rolling in the deep peaked at 169 million impressions and became the biggest crossover in Billboard digital history ;) .

Having said that , they are both completely different artists. Adele is more focused on her music and dosn't want her name to become a brand. Dosn't wanna tour big , dosn't seek for atenttion all times. Gaga is an attention whore and want's all the tour the attention and stuff lol.

Rihanna , Katy perry and Britney do music that gets stucked in your head easily. It's the point of releasing a pop song , right? :rolleyes:

Well , although I do agree that Lady gaga is the biggest star ( I mean , Gaga is the biggest media star , she's everywhere: magazines , Tv shows , just everywhere. Is the biggest star overall , while Adele preffers to keep it down and only concentrate on the music ) sales tend to think otherwise :dozey: and that people listen more to adele :smug:

-21 has spent more than 20 weeks at #1 Worldwide selling over 9.5 million in 6 months. I don't know how much you know about music but that's completely INSANE. It continues to be top 2 on the WW charts. Has sold the most albums in a calendar year since the early 00's AND has sold about 90 percent of what Thefame/thefame mosnter have sold ;) ( It took TF/TFM about 3 years to sell that ) . And 21 didn't have re release ;) . And It's still on it's 1st single ;) . When Someone like you explodes + holiday sales + grammy sales she will have surpassed that by far.

-Rolling in the deep has sold more copies in a calendar year more than any other single digitally in history . Nearly after 5 months of exploding the single is at 5 million and continues to be top 10 on sales ;) . While gaga's biggest seller is at 6 million. Adele will surpass it in 2/3 weeks having , maybe the biggest selling song in digital music history.

-Rolling in the deep has been bigger than any of gaga's singles on radio. Lady gaga's biggest airplay hit had about 120 million impressions and was Bad Romance. Adele's rolling in the deep peaked at 169 million impressions and became the biggest crossover in Billboard digital history ;) .

Having said that , they are both completely different artists. Adele is more focused on her music and dosn't want her name to become a brand. Dosn't wanna tour big , dosn't seek for atenttion all times. Gaga is an attention whore and want's all the tour the attention and stuff lol.

Well, yes, but with most pop like the artists you mentioned, it doesn't last very long. I still get "Bad Romance" stuck in my head whenever I hear it, and that song is a couple of years old.

"I don't know how much you know about music..." LOL. I don't see how me not knowing specific sales stats makes me musically inept. Sales are only one part of the big picture. Lady Gaga's new album hasn't been out nearly as long as Adele's album (which came out in mid-January...the 18th, if I'm not mistaken), so it really hasn't had enough time to catch up with Adele's sales.

As far as "Rolling in the Deep" is concerned...woo, good for her. It's one song. Lady Gaga has several songs that have gained constant radio play here in the States. The only other Adele song that even comes to mind as far as airplay here is "Chasing Pavements," and that song wasn't nearly as popular as "Rolling in the Deep." She didn't even get popular until "21." Not that this is a problem, since "21" is a solid album. I'm just saying that Lady Gaga has proven to be a success in many more ways than you may realize.

...Wow. I thought I'd never see the day when I play devil's advocate and back Lady Gaga. Who knew? :lol:

Well, yes, but with most pop like the artists you mentioned, it doesn't last very long. I still get "Bad Romance" stuck in my head whenever I hear it, and that song is a couple of years old.

"I don't know how much you know about music..." LOL. I don't see how me not knowing specific sales stats makes me musically inept. Sales are only one part of the big picture. Lady Gaga's new album hasn't been out nearly as long as Adele's album (which came out in mid-January...the 18th, if I'm not mistaken), so it really hasn't had enough time to catch up with Adele's sales.

As far as "Rolling in the Deep" is concerned...woo, good for her. It's one song. Lady Gaga has several songs that have gained constant radio play here in the States. The only other Adele song that even comes to mind as far as airplay here is "Chasing Pavements," and that song wasn't nearly as popular as "Rolling in the Deep." She didn't even get popular until "21." Not that this is a problem, since "21" is a solid album. I'm just saying that Lady Gaga has proven to be a success in many more ways than you may realize.

...Wow. I thought I'd never see the day when I play devil's advocate and back Lady Gaga. Who knew? :lol:

Who said you were a musical inept :thinking:. The only reason why I said " I don't know how much you know about music" was because I truly don't know if you understand the meaning of selling over 10 million albums in a calendar year. That it's infact HUGE an hasn't been done since early 00's. Where did I imply that you were an inept or an ignorant ? :thinking:

About 21 release date it has different time tables. It was released in late feb / begining march . And believe me , gaga will not catch up with 21 lol. I know that 21 was released earlier but you know what ? Guess who continues to sell more week per week ? . 3 weeks after BTW was released Adele had overtaken the number 1 spot on the global charts and has been higher than gaga since then. Actually Adele has never been lower than 220k a week when gaga is struggling to hold on to 100k

Im not delusional enough to think Adele is bigger than gaga. I know that gaga is the biggest media star. I know that gaga is the one who has the attention and stuff. I know that gaga has more successful singles (although RITD shits all over gagas in terms of success and someone like you will soon ) and everything. I mean we are talking about Adele. There aren't any sort of gimmicks around her. It's all about her voice . She dosnt sell her image. Her videos bearly get music videos and she dosnt want to be a star , she just wants to sing.

Anyway , I don't know who bring this gaga/Adele discussion . They are both completely different type of artists. The main point of this was to say that even though Adele dosnt bring anything new to the table she still makes great music and to be honest I preffer hearing adele's songs than hearing rihannas s&m , katy perrys last Friday night or hold it against me by Britney

Gaga is at least classically trained.

Death at you bringing this. Who started the adele va gaga thing ?

Who said gaga wasn't talented ? :thinking:. The last time I checked I only said that I prefer to hear adeles music over Katy perrys Kesha rihannas generic music . You all of the sudden brought gaga up.

And yeah. She plays piano well though I don't really know how can you tell about her being technically trained.

And if you are referring to their voices. Technically speaking adeles voice >>>> gagas :)

And yeah. She plays piano well though I don't really know how can you tell about her being technically trained.

Have you ever heard of Julliard? Gaga went there for schooling. That's a big deal, and that's pretty much all you need to know to realize her classical training.

Have you ever heard of Julliard? Gaga went there for schooling. That's a big deal, and that's pretty much all you need to know to realize her classical training.

Yep I have. I was reffering at how can you know someone is clascially trained by watching a video :).

I knew she was classically trained prior to that video of course, I was just posting it as an example. Listening to the studio version of Paparazzi in comparison to seeing her actually perform it on a keyboard can really outline her talent. Well that and I just love that version. :dazzled:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59476&highlight=lady+gaga There's a gaga appriciation thread if you want to :).

Back on topic . Just hours ago from Adele's performance at the VMA's :P. I can not wait :P

What a dumb statement, of course anything new on the radio is doing better than people who released a new album last year. DOH.

Not really though lol.

Compare their first singles ;) .

Katy perry's California gurls did worst than Rolling in the deep ( although it did amazingly ). Rolling in the deep has achived 5x platinum status and continues to be on the top 15 of digital charts. Soon to become the highest selling digital single of all time. On the airplay side , California girls peaked at number 1 with 140 million impressions while Adele with 169 ;) ( and by the way it was the biggest crossover hit in 20 years ).

Rihanna's only girl. Rihanna's only girl has bearly surpassed the 3 million downloads mark . Adele has surpassed the 5 million ;) . On airplay side Only girl it did 130 million impressions where Adele did 169 ;).

Britney's hold it against me had frontloaded sales that made it go to number one but vanish fast. It hasn't reached 2 million downloads and peaked at 88 million on airplay.

Adele did better. DOH.

And by the way , there are TONS of cases where the second or third single do better than the first one ;) ;) . So it's not as you make it seem ;) .

Want examples ?

Britney spears. Till the world ends did so much better than Hold it against me. It gave britney her highest airplay peak on her career ( that was surpassed by her THIRD single now ) and sold way more than Hold it against me.

Coldplay's Viva la Vida did so much better than Violet hill

Mariah Carey's We belong together did incredibly amazing and way better than the first single

Beyonce's Irreplacable the 3rd single from B-day was her smash single of that era ( and career) and did way better than the 2 previous ones.

So really ?. Anything newer in radio does better ? :thinking::thinking::thinking: Not really :P. By the way , rihanna's What's my name ( 2nd single from loud ) and S&M peaked higher than Only girl the first single. Katy perry's ET and Last friday night ( 4th and 5th single ) peaked higher than the first 3 .

I guess you were wrong :/ :( :(

Not really though lol.

Compare their first singles ;) .

Katy perry's California gurls did worst than Rolling in the deep ( although it did amazingly ). Rolling in the deep has achived 5x platinum status and continues to be on the top 15 of digital charts. Soon to become the highest selling digital single of all time. On the airplay side , California girls peaked at number 1 with 140 million impressions while Adele with 169 ;) ( and by the way it was the biggest crossover hit in 20 years ).

Rihanna's only girl. Rihanna's only girl has bearly surpassed the 3 million downloads mark . Adele has surpassed the 5 million ;) . On airplay side Only girl it did 130 million impressions where Adele did 169 ;).

Britney's hold it against me had frontloaded sales that made it go to number one but vanish fast. It hasn't reached 2 million downloads and peaked at 88 million on airplay.

Adele did better. DOH.

And by the way , there are TONS of cases where the second or third single do better than the first one ;) ;) . So it's not as you make it seem ;) .

Want examples ?

Britney spears. Till the world ends did so much better than Hold it against me. It gave britney her highest airplay peak on her career ( that was surpassed by her THIRD single now ) and sold way more than Hold it against me.

Coldplay's Viva la Vida did so much better than Violet hill

Mariah Carey's We belong together did incredibly amazing and way better than the first single

Beyonce's Irreplacable the 3rd single from B-day was her smash single of that era ( and career) and did way better than the 2 previous ones.

So really ?. Anything newer in radio does better ? :thinking::thinking::thinking: Not really :P. By the way , rihanna's What's my name ( 2nd single from loud ) and S&M peaked higher than Only girl the first single. Katy perry's ET and Last friday night ( 4th and 5th single ) peaked higher than the first 3 .

I guess you were wrong :/ :( :(

You completely missed the point of my statement. And while Adele might be talented, I don't find her music fresh or something out of the ordinary, so in the end it doesn't matter how many records she sold.

I don't get this argument. Just because something is more popular doesn't mean it's better. Musical taste is subjective anyway so what's the point in arguing about it?

Anyway, I love Adele. 21 is still one of my favourite albums.

The point is that for me , even though I know that Adele hasnt done anything new or innovative , it's like fresh music . Why ? Because everyday I turn my radio and listen to Katy perrys 2 leatest singles , britneys leatest singles and rihannas. I'm not saying selling more it's better , I'm saying that for me is refreshing to hear adele's voice on the radio instead of the dr Luke productions of Kesha , Katy or Britney or the stargaze ones of rihanna. That was all :)

Oh and by the way , I didn't even started this. I just posted saying how amazing her music is and some trolls came saying about how lady gaga is more talented ;)

You completely missed the point of my statement. And while Adele might be talented, I don't find her music fresh or something out of the ordinary, so in the end it doesn't matter how many records she sold.

And you completely lost the point of mine :).The only reason why I got into AirPlay figures and sales was because You basically said that first singles did better than the 2nd , 3rd or 4th singles of an album, that it was obvious. Which its not true . Lots of times is the other way around ;)

And maybe for you it's not refreshing , but turning the radio on and hearing blow by Kesha , E.T by katy perry , I wanna go by Britney and in the middle hearing someone like you is kinda refreshing for me :)

• 1 month later...