✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

my opinion

Italian Plastic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Excuse my silly question, but which other bands besides U2 and Coldplay has Eno worked with?

James is one

nothing will be better than Parachutes and AROBTTH:dazzled:

+ 1 !

I get bored of VLV and X&Y so quickly ! After 2 or 3 songs from one of these LP I want to listen to sthing else whereas listening to AROBTTH or Parachute is always so :awesome:

Viva La Vida is a catchy song. I know a lot of people are against it, but I love it and I won't pretend I don't. Also, Strawberry Swing, and Death And All His Friends are really good. CSC and Reign of Love are nice little add ons for album.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Viva La Vida is a catchy song. I know a lot of people are against it, but I love it and I won't pretend I don't. Also, Strawberry Swing, and Death And All His Friends are really good. CSC and Reign of Love are nice little add ons for album.

Yeah I agree it is really catchy. Despite it being overplayed I still think it's a great pop song.

i dunt like vlvida becos pepl think it is so gr8 when rly it just sox becos dey just wunted 2 b famus and it sox cos evey1 likes et n i justt wunt 2b a hipstaar :(

But srspickles, I like the album. It's good, they tried their best, and for that they get a golden star! I don't like.. the begining of 42 and Yes. That's it. Like in Parachutes, I didn't like Spies and High Speed. In AROBTTH, I didn't like A Whisper and Daylight. In X&Y.. well I like that album :nice: All of it.

but that's just IMO, some people love the songs I hate and other hate the songs I love.

I overplayed Viva La Vida, but that doesn't mean that it's shit. It's like I ate too much of my favorite candy.

hey I like what you wrote :D :D :D

good comparison really ;)

IMO, VLV is a great album with great production... I don't care how much it sold and who likes it or not... It is very well thought and brought together (IMO again)...

Production and arrangment wise...some details that I like are for example the way that LIT fades into COL and the dark atmosphere of the latter song itself .... What I really like on Lost for example is how the bass comes up in the 2nd verse, it really adds up... Then 42, I like how Chris' voice fades out after the long something mooooooreeee....ooooooh........BAM! Then there's Johnny's guitar during the whole LiJ which just fulfills the whole song, makes it kinda warm to listen to :D Reign of Love is perfectly dreamy to me, also like how the bass just creeps in at the end... The production on Yes is perfect to me... Chinese Sleep Chant though I am not crazy about it has some great drumming and unclear vocals... VLV though many ppl here hate the song is pure heaven to me... the strings are perfect and I like how they didn't necessary push their regular instrumentation... Violet Hill is relly well done vocal wise I'd say - effect or whatever it is , it really blends well with the intro... Although I gotta agree Jonny's solo is a bit lazy... Strawberry Swing may be the best produced one on the album... The twirling guitar sounds are really haunting and then when the beats kick in... perfect! And the ending is so so nice when you can hear the strings come out... And DAAHF - Jonny's subtle guitar and that choir at the end and the moment Will kicks in... I just love this song to death...

This is rather long, but I wanted to express what I liked about the album :) Sorry!