✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa

What?

Why such a part of the stadium is not used??

That end is still being repaired after Diego Forlan's wayward shooting in the games against France and the Netherlands at the World Cup last year. :dozey:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yes, The Parlotones have just announced that they have been asked by Coldplay to be the opening act for the South African shows. The Parlotones are South Africa's most successful rock band, and they are excellent! (often compared to The Killers)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So excited! :laugh3:

Was wondering who's looking at making the trek to South Africa for the shows?

I lived in SA for a summer, and theres no way Im going to miss my favorite band, in my favorite country.. All my friends cant afford the trip, but if anyone is looking for a pal, Im going 100%. (God Cape Town is the greatest city on the planet!)

Im 21 and from Los Angeles, and if anyone wants to talk, PM me!

Ideally, I would want to make Cape Town and Johannesburg. Anyone thinking similar thoughts?

So excited! :laugh3:

Was wondering who's looking at making the trek to South Africa for the shows?

I lived in SA for a summer, and theres no way Im going to miss my favorite band, in my favorite country.. All my friends cant afford the trip, but if anyone is looking for a pal, Im going 100%. (God Cape Town is the greatest city on the planet!)

Im 21 and from Los Angeles, and if anyone wants to talk, PM me!

Ideally, I would want to make Cape Town and Johannesburg. Anyone thinking similar thoughts?

I think it's absolutely wonderful that you're willing to make such a trip to see Coldplay! Cape Town is without a doubt the most beautiful city I have ever been to.

Just a heads up, tickets are selling very fast for both shows, and may already be sold out, so it would be best to buy now if you haven't bought tickets already.

• 3 weeks later...

Travelling from London to Cape Town to see this. I will regret it when my pocket is empty but to see Coldplay perform in such a fantastic part of the world is something I can't afford to miss. Hope to see fellow travellers there. Question; if the album isn't due until late October, then is it just going to be a warm up show? This is the only thing that's peeving me slightly. I'd much prefer to listen and hear the full album before I see it all performed live (I love to sing along). What did they do last time?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word to the travellers, the traffic plan has now been released, and you can buy tickets for the "park and ride" or "park and rail" services to and from the stadiums. you can search for 'coldplay' on computicket.com and it should come up in the results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ few days now!

how will this show (first non-festival) differ to the festival shows?

Setlist?

Stage?

Fireworks/lazers/etc?

number of songs played?

types of songs played (more old/more off lp5)?

Also would like to know