✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

acl-260x260.jpg

acl80.jpg

Austin City Limits performance announced

17 May 2011 6:00 am

Coldplay to perform at Texas festival in September

Good morning. It's just been announced that Coldplay are one of the headline acts at this year's Austin City Limits festival, which takes place at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. The band will top the bill at the first night of the 3-day event, on Friday 16 September.

The 3-day passes for ACL sold out before the line-up was announced, but day tickets are still available. They go on sale today (17 May) at 10am Central Time, costing $90. Click here to visit ACL's site for more information and to buy.

Coldplay now have 20 shows in the diary, in 17 different countries. Head to our http://www.coldplay.com/live.php for full details.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=720

Sorry, Ian and mods, I know this probably belongs in the live section, but I was so excited I just needed to post!

The lineup for the 10th annual Austin City Limits Festival was just announced and Coldplay is the Friday night headliner!

I was hoping, hoping, hoping for this, and nearly died when I saw their name on the list!

I've got my 3day passes already, so I'm ready for September!!

btw, hi again to everyone... I haven't been on in a while! :)

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, it really has been quite awhile!

Yah, we got our 3 day passes too. So excited! :dance: And like you, I had been guessing based off their previously planned summer festival dates that they would be at ACL but seeing it on the lineup is a relief. And since they'll be around the same time as Kanye I'm hoping it'll be easy-ish to get close.

GAHHHHH SO EXCITED

Me too! are you going?

@Lauren- yep. I was so happy to see they aren't playing opposite Arcade Fire... that would've hurt! I know we probably won't get any new stuff, but it'll be awesome to see them again!

Me too! are you going?

@Lauren- yep. I was so happy to see they aren't playing opposite Arcade Fire... that would've hurt! I know we probably won't get any new stuff, but it'll be awesome to see them again!

Yah! I don't mind missing Kanye. Yah, I was thinking they might have the album out by then, but at the same time maybe not. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it out. But it'll be great anyways.

Ohhh...I want to go, and it's dirt cheap to fly to Austin from California...it's my birthday weekend, too. Just need to convince the husband...

Ah, that shouldn't be too hard....and even if you just go on Friday, you can spend a couple days just playing around in Austin. :wacky:

Thanks, for moving it, Angie! And I take it you'll be there?! :dance: who else are you excited to see?

Deciding on weather to do just Friday or Friday and Sunday. Arcade Fire and Elbow on Sunday. Soccer match in Houston on Saturday so that means a whole shit load of driving if I do the Sunday as well. :\

Grammy-Awards-Show_875693k.jpg

The best 'gets' of 2011 ACL Fest

The full lineup for the Austin City Limits Music Festival was released just after midnight, so now all the folks hoping the rumors that Stevie Wonder and/or Kanye West will be playing can rejoice. In the festival booking biz, those are known as "good gets," acts that promise not only entertaining sets but also expand the parameters of the lineup from previous years. That's why Stevie and Kanye are better gets than Arcade Fire and Coldplay, who've already left their sonic footprints on the Great Lawn of Zilker Park.

Our staff ranks Charles Attal and company's bookings, not just on talent, but also on the acts' GQ — "get" quotient. Contributing are Michael Corcoran, Joe Gross and Peter Mongillo.

4. Coldplay. Does this lineup even need Chris Martin and his pawnshop piano? Back in 2005, when Coldplay was the band of the moment, they set a standard for ACL headliners that even Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers couldn't meet the next year. But since then they've been slagged as pop sellouts and paid for an addition to Joe Satriani's house. With ACL four months away, a lot could happen, however. The band's long-awaited fifth album, produced by Brian Eno, could come out and make the Cold ones red-hot again. But what's special about this booking — the first time a true Sunday night headliner (Ben Harper was a last resort in 2004) has returned — is that Coldplay is showing that they love ACL enough to come back with three other acts as top dogs. Nothing better than a band with something to prove.

Read the others: http://www.austin360.com/music/acl/the-best-gets-of-2011-acl-fest-1479660.html