✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going! I think that since Paradise is being released a few days before, we may be the first to hear it played live :) Considering they have a 5 week break and that will be their first show since the break, I am crossing my fingers on hearing some new songs!

I'm going! I think that since Paradise is being released a few days before, we may be the first to hear it played live :) Considering they have a 5 week break and that will be their first show since the break, I am crossing my fingers on hearing some new songs!

Lucky! :)

Austin City Limits Announces Coldplay Taping This Fall

Austin, TX (PRWEB) August 15, 2011

Austin City Limits (ACL), the legendary public television music series, today is announcing the return of Coldplay for the 2011 television season. The internationally acclaimed rock group will record the show on Thursday, September 15, 2011, leading up to their headlining performance at the 10th Anniversary of the Austin City Limits Music Festival.

The upcoming taping is Coldplay's first performance at The Moody Theater but marks the band's return to the Austin City Limits stage after several years. Fans interested in attending the taping should read more about ticket availability and public giveaways on the ACL blog approximately one week before the taping.

"We're thrilled to welcome back Coldplay to Austin City Limits and announce such a great surprise addition to our fall scheduled - and to our new home, The Moody Theater, at that. It's hard to believe it's been six years since their first appearance, which was a game-changer and true milestone in so many ways," said Terry Lickona, Executive Producer of Austin City Limits. "The band has truly become a legendary rock group and we're eager to share the upcoming performance with fans nationwide."

In addition to Coldplay, episodes featuring Joanna Newsom, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists and more will all air as part of Austin City Limits' 37th season premiering this fall on PBS on October 1, 2011 (check local listings).

For more information on tapings, the new season of Austin City Limits, and more, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and visit http://www.austincitylimits.org.

About Austin City Limits:

Austin City Limits (ACL) is a public television series that records and broadcasts original musical performances from exciting new talent and legendary artists of all genres.

Austin City Limits is the longest-running music series in American television history and remains the only TV series to ever be awarded the National Medal of Arts. The historic KLRU Studio 6A, home to 36 years of ACL concerts, has been designated an official Rock & Roll Landmark. In 2011, ACL moved to the new venue ACL Live at The Moody Theater in downtown Austin. The show continues to air weekly on PBS stations nationwide and episodes are made available online.

ACL is produced by KLRU-TV and funding is provided in part by AMD, Budweiser, the Austin Convention Center Department and its newest supporter, Dell. Additional funding is provided by the Friends of Austin City Limits.

Learn more about Austin City Limits, programming and history at http://www.austincitylimits.org.

###

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/8/prweb8718895.htm

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/08/15/prweb8718895.DTL#ixzz1V7EXnuL6

Austin City Limits Announces Coldplay Taping This Fall[/size][/b]

Austin, TX (PRWEB) August 15, 2011

Austin City Limits (ACL), the legendary public television music series, today is announcing the return of Coldplay for the 2011 television season. The internationally acclaimed rock group will record the show on Thursday, September 15, 2011, leading up to their headlining performance at the 10th Anniversary of the Austin City Limits Music Festival.

The upcoming taping is Coldplay's first performance at The Moody Theater but marks the band's return to the Austin City Limits stage after several years. Fans interested in attending the taping should read more about ticket availability and public giveaways on the ACL blog approximately one week before the taping.

"We're thrilled to welcome back Coldplay to Austin City Limits and announce such a great surprise addition to our fall scheduled - and to our new home, The Moody Theater, at that. It's hard to believe it's been six years since their first appearance, which was a game-changer and true milestone in so many ways," said Terry Lickona, Executive Producer of Austin City Limits. "The band has truly become a legendary rock group and we're eager to share the upcoming performance with fans nationwide."

In addition to Coldplay, episodes featuring Joanna Newsom, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists and more will all air as part of Austin City Limits' 37th season premiering this fall on PBS on October 1, 2011 (check local listings).

For more information on tapings, the new season of Austin City Limits, and more, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and visit http://www.austincitylimits.org.

About Austin City Limits:

Austin City Limits (ACL) is a public television series that records and broadcasts original musical performances from exciting new talent and legendary artists of all genres.

Austin City Limits is the longest-running music series in American television history and remains the only TV series to ever be awarded the National Medal of Arts. The historic KLRU Studio 6A, home to 36 years of ACL concerts, has been designated an official Rock & Roll Landmark. In 2011, ACL moved to the new venue ACL Live at The Moody Theater in downtown Austin. The show continues to air weekly on PBS stations nationwide and episodes are made available online.

ACL is produced by KLRU-TV and funding is provided in part by AMD, Budweiser, the Austin Convention Center Department and its newest supporter, Dell. Additional funding is provided by the Friends of Austin City Limits.

Learn more about Austin City Limits, programming and history at http://www.austincitylimits.org.

###

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/8/prweb8718895.htm

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/08/15/prweb8718895.DTL#ixzz1V7EXnuL6

Eeek, so thrilled about this news!! :D

I went to the first taping and I hope to go to this one as well. If I win a set I can take a CPer with me. :D

Do you happen to know what time the taping usually is? My flight gets in that day around 1:00 PM so I am hoping it's that night.

Do you happen to know what time the taping usually is? My flight gets in that day around 1:00 PM so I am hoping it's that night.
Don't remember the exact time but it was starting to get dark around the time we were let in so I'd say about 6pm. Froze standing in line last time. Won't be the case this time. :laugh3:

The ACL studio only held a few hundred people. The Moody holds around 2700 so that increases our chances. If we don't get in and there is a huge demand they may do another satellite transmission to a second venue. Last time they did a satellite simucast to a theater. Got to see songs that didn't air plus all Chris' fuck ups. :p

Didn't realize this thread was here!!! We have 3 of us meeting in Austin for the whole festival, and only two of us can enter for the ticket lottery. We're looking for another person who's entering the lottery but might not have anyone to go with, so that we can make a pact to try to get the extra person into the show too (okay, that probably doesn't make sense, does it)??? PM me for details if interested :-)

btw, guys, I know it's still a month off (a month!!), but was wondering if anyone would like to meet up the night before for drinks/hanging out. We could go after we all win tix to the ACL taping. ;)

Sounds good to me! Me and my best friend get into Austin around 1 pm on September 15th. I met so many awesome coldplayers at Lolla in Chicago and am looking forward to meeting more of you :)