✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

Sounds good to me! Me and my best friend get into Austin around 1 pm on September 15th. I met so many awesome coldplayers at Lolla in Chicago and am looking forward to meeting more of you :)

Us too :) we met several awesome Coldplayers at the LA show two weeks ago, we would be up for meeting more! Especially if we are all at the taping ;)

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm going to ACL and I really would like to be part of those lucky people who are going to access the Taping or I dont know how you call this thing!!! but it's so awesome!!!

I hope I can make it :)!!!... here in Mexico I've been lucky enough, but I will have to check what can I do in the US, hahahaha

:)!!!

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet some great Coldplayers out there :)!!!

I think we deserve it :D!!!

The way the tapings normally work is that you enter a lottery online to get tickets. It's very difficult to get them because they normally fill the place with VIPs and donors before releasing the rest as "space available". For this show, I would be surprised if they offered very many space availables. If you win some, you have to show up at the venue early to wait in line, otherwise you don't get in the available space. ;)

As far as I know, they're open to anyone who can be in Austin to see the show. I hope that CP will have a contest or that ACL will offer a bunch to fans because it'd be real shame if they didn't. I know a bunch of Coldplayers got into the last one...don't know if it's because they won tickets or because they knew someone. At any rate, seeing them here is going to be preferable to baking in the ridiculous Texas sun on Friday!

AHHHHH. I've lived in Austin my whole life and as long as I can remember I've wanted to go to an Austin City Limits taping. I was so mad I didn't know about Coldplay's first appearance there, and now this is the perfect chance! I'll be going to ACL fest. but this would just add to the amazement. And I would definitely be able to go. I have Thursday classes but my latest one ends at 3:20 technically and classes usually get out a little early. Takes like 45 minutes to ride the bus back to Austin from San Marcos...could meet my parents in town (since they'd want to go too)...this is all if I were even lucky enough to get tickets though. Anyways this is really awesome!

I can't believe this is all only a month away! :dazzled:

I'm going! I think that since Paradise is being released a few days before, we may be the first to hear it played live :) Considering they have a 5 week break and that will be their first show since the break, I am crossing my fingers on hearing some new songs!

It hadn't even occurred to me we might hear Paradise!

Sounds good to me! Me and my best friend get into Austin around 1 pm on September 15th. I met so many awesome coldplayers at Lolla in Chicago and am looking forward to meeting more of you :)

Us too :) we met several awesome Coldplayers at the LA show two weeks ago, we would be up for meeting more! Especially if we are all at the taping ;)

Cool! We'll have to figure something out. Are you all getting in Thursday too, Dianne?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm going to ACL and I really would like to be part of those lucky people who are going to access the Taping or I dont know how you call this thing!!! but it's so awesome!!!

I hope I can make it :)!!!... here in Mexico I've been lucky enough, but I will have to check what can I do in the US, hahahaha

:)!!!

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet some great Coldplayers out there :)!!!

I think we deserve it :D!!!

:dance: Good luck to everyone!

GAH!!! :shocked2:

Ugh, I don't know if I can even make it to ACL, let alone the taping!! I wish it wasn't on a Thursday and Friday! :bigcry:

So how DO you get tickets?!?!?

Oh well, only time will tell! :thumbsup:

Make sure you register on the ACL tv blog. They'll announce when you can enter about a week before the taping.

It's getting closer, guys!!

It hadn't even occurred to me we might hear Paradise!

Cool! We'll have to figure something out. Are you all getting in Thursday too, Dianne?

:dance: Good luck to everyone!

Make sure you register on the ACL tv blog. They'll announce when you can enter about a week before the taping.

It's getting closer, guys!!

We land in Austin at 4:30 on Thursday. Then we leave Sunday - I'm going home and my husband has a meeting in South Carolina on Monday. We only have festival tickets for Friday.

How early do you think one should be there if we want to get a decent view of the concert? unfortunately, I wont be getting there til about 630ish and im going straight to the stage to wait for the show at 8:10..im afraid ill be farrrr in the back :(

:(

I went to ACL in 2005 JUST to see Coldplay, and didn't arrive until about 30 minutes before they went on. I was a mile away. BUT, I think if you get there and just keep worming your way forward you should be able to get a pretty decent spot. Good luck!!

:(

I went to ACL in 2005 JUST to see Coldplay, and didn't arrive until about 30 minutes before they went on. I was a mile away. BUT, I think if you get there and just keep worming your way forward you should be able to get a pretty decent spot. Good luck!!

We will be getting there earlyearly. I looked at the lineup, and I actually like some of the earlier bands. We saw Old Crow Medicine Show with Mumford and Sons as part of the Railroad Revival Tour earlier this year, and really liked them. I like Ray Lamontagne, too, but haven't seen him perform before. We are in it for the long haul. LOL

It can vary but at Lollapalooza the crowd gathered very fast. I think around 3:00 PM, it was so crowded that you couldn't even move and it was impossible to get to the front. I am planning on camping out all day for this show too. It's a long day but it was so worth it once they finally came out :)

It can vary but at Lollapalooza the crowd gathered very fast. I think around 3:00 PM, it was so crowded that you couldn't even move and it was impossible to get to the front. I am planning on camping out all day for this show too. It's a long day but it was so worth it once they finally came out :)

We should meet up - where are you staying?

We should meet up - where are you staying?

I'm actually staying at a hotel near the airport because it was cheaper for me :) but I will be taking a cab to the downtown area of Austin early that morning. They offer a free shuttle to Zilker park from downtown beginning at 10 AM(gates open at 11.) My best friend will be in Austin with me and we really hope we can get tickets to the Austin City Limits taping!

We will be getting there earlyearly. I looked at the lineup, and I actually like some of the earlier bands. We saw Old Crow Medicine Show with Mumford and Sons as part of the Railroad Revival Tour earlier this year, and really liked them. I like Ray Lamontagne, too, but haven't seen him perform before. We are in it for the long haul. LOL

I'm planning on getting there early, too.. probably around 11. I like most of the bands on the stage before Coldplay, so it should work out well. Just so you know Dianne, Old Crow Medicine Show pulled out of the fest (I was looking forward to seeing them again, too). Brandi Carlile is taking their spot. I am so torn, because I want to be up front, but don't know if I can handle standing in one spot ALL DAY LONG! l0wxo2 (I'm sorry, I haven't caught your name... I'm Jen. :nice: ) were you right at the barrier for Lolla, or just way up front?

Hey ya'll! I'm a college student living in Austin, and can't wait to see Coldplay! No matter what the cost, I am going to see Coldplay both Thursday (ACL live) and Friday night. I have my tickets for Friday night. In fact, I've got an extra one-day pass for Friday that I will sell to a lucky Coldplayer for face value -- $90! I will be getting there between 10-11:30 am (haven't decided yet), so let me know and I can meet up with you and give you the ticket. I'm not sure I can email it. Anyway, I would love to meet/ hang out with any of yall that are getting there early thursday or friday. Ill be in line/ waiting early all day! I just went running by where both concerts will be yesterday, while listening to VLV/DAAOHF!

I'm planning on getting there early, too.. probably around 11. I like most of the bands on the stage before Coldplay, so it should work out well. Just so you know Dianne, Old Crow Medicine Show pulled out of the fest (I was looking forward to seeing them again, too). Brandi Carlile is taking their spot. I am so torn, because I want to be up front, but don't know if I can handle standing in one spot ALL DAY LONG! l0wxo2 (I'm sorry, I haven't caught your name... I'm Jen. :nice: ) were you right at the barrier for Lolla, or just way up front?

Oh, that's a bummer about OCMS. I really want to be on the front. Lately, my Coldplay karma has sucked (meaning a cancelled show and at UCLA where my "full-view" seat was completely obstructed) so I'd like to actually see a show, and if it means all day in the sun, I'll do it... We are staying at the Hyatt Regency, which looks to be fairly close to the park, but I don't think walking distance. We only have tickets for Friday - has anyone received theirs yet?

Hey ya'll! I'm a college student living in Austin, and can't wait to see Coldplay! No matter what the cost, I am going to see Coldplay both Thursday (ACL live) and Friday night. I have my tickets for Friday night. In fact, I've got an extra one-day pass for Friday that I will sell to a lucky Coldplayer for face value -- $90! I will be getting there between 10-11:30 am (haven't decided yet), so let me know and I can meet up with you and give you the ticket. I'm not sure I can email it. Anyway, I would love to meet/ hang out with any of yall that are getting there early thursday or friday. Ill be in line/ waiting early all day! I just went running by where both concerts will be yesterday, while listening to VLV/DAAOHF!

Hi! I'm sure someone on here will be happy to take that extra ticket off your hands! :) I'd love to meet up at the park with anyone. I'm planning on getting there early, too.

Oh, that's a bummer about OCMS. I really want to be on the front. Lately, my Coldplay karma has sucked (meaning a cancelled show and at UCLA where my "full-view" seat was completely obstructed) so I'd like to actually see a show, and if it means all day in the sun, I'll do it... We are staying at the Hyatt Regency, which looks to be fairly close to the park, but I don't think walking distance. We only have tickets for Friday - has anyone received theirs yet?

ACL just posted on twitter that they were mailed out yesterday, I think. You should be getting yours soon! :dance:

Guys, those of you coming in from out of town need to be prepared for EXTREME HEAT. We've had a record breaking run of 100+ degrees here (I think we're somewhere like 69 days this summer, 40-something of which have been in a row). It's brutal. Mid-September shouldn't be as hot, hopefully, but it will still be very, very hot... probably mid-upper 90s. Unless it pours! :P

Hi Jen, I'm Lauren :) I was pretty much at the barrier. Was in second row on Guy's side. It was so amazing!!

Hey guys, the official ACL app is out for the iPhone and droid if you wanna download it :) I am happy they have the group me option like they did for the Lolla app! Alot of us coldplayers chatted via this and that's how so many of us met in Chicago! I would be happy to create a group for us that are going because it will be a great way to meet eachother. If you want me to add you, send me a Pm with your email or phone number :)

ACL just posted on twitter that they were mailed out yesterday, I think. You should be getting yours soon! :dance:

Guys, those of you coming in from out of town need to be prepared for EXTREME HEAT. We've had a record breaking run of 100+ degrees here (I think we're somewhere like 69 days this summer, 40-something of which have been in a row). It's brutal. Mid-September shouldn't be as hot, hopefully, but it will still be very, very hot... probably mid-upper 90s. Unless it pours! :P

I'm coming from Southern California and it's been in the 90s here. I'm flying to New Orleans on Friday to take my son to college (boo hoo) and we've been warned about the heat there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike is looking for a Friday ticket. I'll text him.

ME! I will gladly buy it off of you!

-Mike

Ditto this everyone! The festival is 3.5 weeks away and the temperatures this week are expected to be around 105 F every day. That's coupled with Texas humidity, so it feels much, much hotter than that. The word "brutal" describes it perfectly. September probably won't be much cooler; I'm not holding out for temps under 100. :\ If you plan to camp out all day at ACL Fest, you'll need to be very careful. I plan on being there fairly early too. :)