✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

The hotels out at the airport are all pretty decent and way cheaper than downtown. The ones where East Riverside Dr meets 71 are all safe and clean. If you don't have a car there is a city bus there that goes downtown where you can catch the ACL shuttle out to the park.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hotels out at the airport are all pretty decent and way cheaper than downtown. The ones where East Riverside Dr meets 71 are all safe and clean. If you don't have a car there is a city bus there that goes downtown where you can catch the ACL shuttle out to the park.

Listen to Angie, I live here, but I don't know much about the hotel situation! She's done it before.. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about!

Listen to Angie, I live here, but I don't know much about the hotel situation! She's done it before.. I'm sure she knows what she's talking about!
I lived out there after the hurricane for 3 weeks so I know it well.

2005 was my Tour with Coldplay/ run from Hurricane year. :P I'm staying out there. $90/night vs $500/night in downtown......no contest there.

Marcus, you should be able to get tickets closer to the day if you want them. Last year I hadn't gotten tickets yet and there were a ton on sale the week before. Some will be ridiculously overpriced, but you should be able to find people who are asking a more reasonable amt, esp. as they get desperate to sell.

Marcus, you should be able to get tickets closer to the day if you want them. Last year I hadn't gotten tickets yet and there were a ton on sale the week before. Some will be ridiculously overpriced, but you should be able to find people who are asking a more reasonable amt, esp. as they get desperate to sell.

Oh ok, great thanks! Yeah, I found some on Ebay that were about $150 and was tempted, but if this is the case, maybe I will wait as it is four months away... BREATHE... BREATHE... :lol:

@Ivet- it'll be through brokers or ticket holders who decided to sell theirs.

Just to keep in mind when buying from someone- Three-day passes face value (non VIP) were $185. Single day are $90. Most will mark up a bit, but some people are really bad about it. You might want to decide how much you're willing to spend, and buy them as soon as you find some that meet the criteria! Good luck!

I'll be festival-hopping around the country this summer, but the fact that ACL occurs after school starts up again means it's out of the question for me. Kind of a shame, as even though I'll have seen most of these acts at other festivals (except Elbow...had to miss them at Coachella and I really want to see them), it's still a really solid lineup overall.

Hope everyone going has a blast, though!

Woo hoo. Just found out that my husband can set up a meeting with a client while we are there...therefore, it becomes an expensable "business trip" and we can stay at a nice hotel downtown :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be doing this, then. I was about to buy a one-day pass for Friday early this morning, but work had me do other things first, and I was unable to get them in time. I figured Craigslist or eBay will have sole the week of.

Thanks! :)

to everyone who's waiting to buy tickets later on... just wanted to let you know I heard this afternoon that Friday tickets sold out in record time. I don't know how that will effect what's available in August/Sept, but to be safe you might want to check ebay etc. regularly (starting now!) to see if there are any reasonable ones available!

to everyone who's waiting to buy tickets later on... just wanted to let you know I heard this afternoon that Friday tickets sold out in record time. I don't know how that will effect what's available in August/Sept, but to be safe you might want to check ebay etc. regularly (starting now!) to see if there are any reasonable ones available!

Any idea how many tickets, total, were sold? I'm not a big fan of festivals, but the things I will do for Coldplay. I saw Mumford and Sons (with Old Crow Medicine Show - who were awesome) a few weeks ago, in a GA setting, and it, um, got a bit crowded in the front, and there were only 8000 people! I haven't been to a festival since the late 80s!

Any idea how many tickets, total, were sold? I'm not a big fan of festivals, but the things I will do for Coldplay. I saw Mumford and Sons (with Old Crow Medicine Show - who were awesome) a few weeks ago, in a GA setting, and it, um, got a bit crowded in the front, and there were only 8000 people! I haven't been to a festival since the late 80s!
ACL will have 75,000. I'm hoping Kanye pulls a large part of the crowd to the other side of the park.

I found an incredible deal, already! Two Friday-passes for $150. Now, if I can only find someone interested in going...

Wow, where did you find that?!?! :shocked2:

Well, if you don't find anyone, I'll buy one from you! :lol::sneaky:

Thank you! I was just about to ask a similar question and you answered it. :) I just learned about Coldplay playing on Friday last night and the Friday passes were already sold out. :(. Do you know if they re-release or resell tickets of people who aren't able to make it on the official website, or are these tickets mostly found on ticket re-sale websites?

Edit: sorry just read above. I will be checking ebay then. Thanks!

Another good resource if you're looking to buy tickets from someone is ACL's facebook page (It's under "Austin City Limits Music Festival"). There've been some people offering theirs up on there, too, and will probably be more as the fest gets closer.

Purchased Friday and Sunday!!! cant wait!! new album material?!

I'd love it if we did get new material, but to keep from being disappointed, I'm going in with the expectation of NOT getting anything new. Unless, of course, something big happens between now and then!

Lol Debs. So incorrect. I was at ACL 09, there is no way that I wouldn't have known about them being there.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOHOO!!! I am so happy to have my 3 day pass in hand for this year's concert! Nothing like a bit of good news to get me back on here & posting -- especially when I want to give out a big squeeee!!!! Beyond the obvious, I couldn't be happier with the line-up! :laugh3:

I wish every single person wanting a ticket the best of luck in securing them. Word of advise, log on a few minutes early if you can!

Lauren: I have a slight suspicion about where you plan to stand, so perhaps we'll run into one another! :wink:[/size][/font]

Amanda! You're going?? Awesome! And yes I'm sure you can guess where I'll be headed, maybe we will see each other! :awesome:

ACL will have 75,000. I'm hoping Kanye pulls a large part of the crowd to the other side of the park.

Haha that's exactly what I'm hoping for.