✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

It's official: Coldplay is for gays now.

:lol: no

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Kcg_8gK30]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face‬‏[/ame]

hard to work in this new album, much locked and still glad they did not disguise worker in costume on computer Mac, apple ect.. ​​

but maybe nasty cat eat him in the end

shit... they all work in costume on stage the bands and bored me......... :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sticking to my Twitter to mock them. I've posted only a handful snide remarks in the Coldplay section the last few days. Haven't checked up on the responses but I tried not to be too mean.

Aw, screw it.

HEY, MR. MARTIN? YOUR WORDPLAY ISN'T CLEVER. STOP THINKING YOU'RE CLEVER. YOU MIGHT BE A BIG FISH IN A LITTLE POND? WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT "BRILLIANCE"? IN YOUR HEAD? THE SAME PLACE WHERE THOSE WHO ARE DEAD ARE NOT DEAD AND ARE LIVING?

I do have to congratulate Chris, however, on having the least gay outfit of the four this time. It's still kinda gay.

I say this but I'll have the single and album on repeat constantly, then hate it a year later like I did with Viva. Why am I so stupid?

:lol:

actually I'm sure I'll listen to this album on repeat too, even if I don't like it that much at first :lol:

Katy Perry is alien :thinking:

I think her last video was soo Gaga-wannabe. Shame on the lack of creativity.

:lol: no

YouTube - ‪Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face‬‏

hard to work in this new album, much locked and still glad they did not disguise worker in costume on computer Mac, apple ect.. ​​

but maybe nasty cat eat him in the end

shit... they all work in costume on stage the bands and bored me......... :(

Seriously that song and video is the best thing Coldplay's ever done.

Excuse-moi, parle-tu francais? Parce-que je ne te comprends pas quand tu parles en anglais.... Sprichst du Deutsch? Ich verstehe dich nicht wenn du sprichst Englisch; tur mir leid, mein Deutsch is sehr schlecht.

I say this but I'll have the single and album on repeat constantly, then hate it a year later like I did with Viva. Why am I so stupid?

:lol:

actually I'm sure I'll listen to this album on repeat too, even if I don't like it that much at first :lol:

i may hate most of the album too next year but i think i'll still love it WHEN it comes out

I dare you to say that in the Coldplay section :lol:

I've said it loads of times there:laugh3:

lyrics are way so simple, naive, meaningless, to be expected from them, sadly.

artwork, too bizarrily simple for my likes.

outfit, meh is better than VLV, although are yet so alike.

new pic scenarios, i agree with it be pretentious, also, they think they are new doing that? why that many weird coloured graffo? are those the typical from the graffitti that influenced them or what? also why the ufo there? :confused:

honestly, first time i saw it i had the impression they've become chavs or as we say here canis. :sick:

feels disappointing, i still hope some day they will get back on the right way and will do a better album than AROBTTH was, cause sadly this new one (yet untitled, right? ), looks like a lazy spin-off of VLV. :\ (and for that they throw a year work, to come up with that? :shrug: )

i expected more from them, a radical and true change of direction, not a more of the same old product.

seems they prefer to get new teenager fans instead of growing with their initial fans who are now around their mid 20 or early 30.

i hope the sound of the album shows i'm wrong, but i highly doubt it.

btw are there any rumours of feat songs on the new album?

lyrics are way so simple, naive, meaningless, to be expected from them, sadly.

artwork, too bizarrily simple for my likes.

outfit, meh is better than VLV, although are yet so alike.

new pic scenarios, i agree with it be pretentious, also, they think they are new doing that? why that many weird coloured graffo? are those the typical from the graffitti that influenced them or what? also why the ufo there? :confused:

honestly, first time i saw it i had the impression they've become chavs or as we say here canis. :sick:

feels disappointing, i still hope some day they will get back on the right way and will do a better album than AROBTTH was, cause sadly this new one (yet untitled, right? ), looks like a lazy spin-off of VLV. :\ (and for that they throw a year work, to come up with that? :shrug: )

i expected more from them, a radical and true change of direction, not a more of the same old product.

seems they prefer to get new teenager fans instead of growing with their initial fans who are now around their mid 20 or early 30.

i hope the sound of the album shows i'm wrong, but i highly doubt it.

btw are there any rumours of feat songs on the new album?

You hit the nail right on the head. This is my exact feelings about this new news.

I don't know what to think about it. . . I really will have to hear the song before I judge completely

But I think that the art is meh. I like the colors and that's about it. :P

Song title isn't amazing, but how good are the song titles "Clocks" or "Yellow" or even "Green Eyes"?

So I won't judge that part.

The lyrics sound pretty lame, no offense to anyone who's going to paint them on their walls.

But who knows? With music it could be song of the year for all we know.

Basically, I don't have sky-high hopes but I do have some.

I think her last video was soo Gaga-wannabe. Shame on the lack of creativity.

Seriously that song and video is the best thing Coldplay's ever done.

Excuse-moi, parle-tu francais? Parce-que je ne te comprends pas quand tu parles en anglais.... Sprichst du Deutsch? Ich verstehe dich nicht wenn du sprichst Englisch; tur mir leid, mein Deutsch is sehr schlecht.

I made ​​a thread.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76758

and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is expressive video/lyrics but depends for the people .

mais je parle français-italien pas allemand

There's only a couple lines of lyrics I actually like, but I don't care about the title and I care even less about their photoshoot/outfits. I don't see how that's "trying too hard". So they feel like wearing odd clothes, big deal?

But anyways back to the lyrics......half of the time they don't even make any sense and the other half of the time they're just so cheesy........I mean I know Chris always writes cheesy things but still.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I don't know what to think about it. . . I really will have to hear the song before I judge completely

Song title isn't amazing, but how good are the song titles "Clocks" or "Yellow" or even "Green Eyes"?

The lyrics sound pretty lame, no offense to anyone who's going to paint them on their walls.

Lovers In Japan lyrically and in name does not look impressive in words. But regardless of what others think of the song I thought when I heard it it was fucking epic. So I can't judge until I hear this new song. Lyrics are important and while this new song lyrically has received a love/hate reception I can only judge it on Friday.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Hey. I'm an original fan... I'm only 20... The age is really irrespective.

Totally agree. When I started listening to them when I was 11 I didn't think 'I want more lyrics about cake and ice cream'. Ok I wasn't that immature but you know what I mean. U2 are writing a dance album in their 50s for god's sake.

Hey. I'm an original fan... I'm only 20... The age is really irrespective.

i didn't meant to offend anybody, i was generally speaking, most coldplayers become fans when quite young and at this current moment, as they grow up, they feel disappointed as their first fave band doesn't show any growth, isn't that the feeling the old fans have?

Totally agree. When I started listening to them when I was 11 I didn't think 'I want more lyrics about cake and ice cream'. Ok I wasn't that immature but you know what I mean. U2 are writing a dance album in their 50s for god's sake.

see at least they are trying new stuff, not same old as coldplay is doing since LP3 and after.

Guest howyousawtheworld
i didn't meant to offend anybody, i was generally speaking, most coldplayers become fans when quite young and at this current moment, as they grow up, they feel disappointed as their first fave band doesn't show any growth, isn't that the feeling the old fans have?

see at least they are trying new stuff, not same old as coldplay is doing since LP3 and after.

I'm not criticising them for trying new stuff. I'm just saying you could argue the same about U2.

But anyways back to the lyrics......half of the time they don't even make any sense and the other half of the time they're just so cheesy........I mean I know Chris always writes cheesy things but still.

That's exactly how I feel. Like I said earlier in a different thread, while "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop" sounds pretty cool, I really don't get how that makes any sense, especially after looking at the revealed lyrics as a whole. What gives, Chris Martin?

:laugh3:

The thing that bugs me is that a lot of it doesn't seem to make grammatical sense.

I am able to appreciate abstract lyrics from more creative artists, but I get the impression that words were removed here and there in an attempt to give the song a better flow. Creative license? Sure. But it does seem a tad sloppy to me.

I also agree that some of it is definitely on the cheesy side - but then again I think we all know that they haven't been at their best lyrically for quite a number of years.