✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

I can't help but be anxious to hear it.

Lyrics got more and more crap.

Album art us fucking hideous.

Hate costumes... These ones aren't as bad though.

On the other hand, Chris Martin looks fucking hot with his haircut. I'll never lose my crush for him so im happy about that.

All that said, I'm still gonna be really excited to hear it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly how I feel. Like I said earlier in a different thread, while "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop" sounds pretty cool, I really don't get how that makes any sense, especially after looking at the revealed lyrics as a whole. What gives, Chris Martin?

yeah that line was my favorite, but I don't understand how it relates to any of the other lyrics at all

Actually I thought that whole comma line was one of the lines I thought was the dumbest :|

I can respect that.

On the other hand, Chris Martin looks fucking hot with his haircut.

Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't think it's stupid. I never did like Chris as much with the curly hair. I like the shorter hair much better.

yeah that line was my favorite, but I don't understand how it relates to any of the other lyrics at all

To be honest, I don't think it does. There's no explanation for it, really.

Feel about the way I did when the last album had to come out and I had to stomach the ridiculous title "viva la vida or death and all his friends', though probably worse. Martin's lyrics have been deteriorating for years, so its not unexpected. What's more unnerving is that it feels like it's gonna be a fast track in which Chris is almost rapping the verse. /cringe

I made ​​a thread.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76758

and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is expressive video/lyrics but depends for the people .

mais je parle français-italien pas allemand

Mois Je ne crois pas que le film E.T. ont détruit pour l'industrie des disques seulement par le titre d'une chanson.

Quelle est ton interpretation de "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face"?

J'ai pensez que tu parlais Francais/Allemand puisque tu habite en Suize. Prends ce comme un conseil: on peut se communiquer meilleur avec toi en francais. ;)

Song title isn't amazing, but how good are the song titles "Clocks" or "Yellow" or even "Green Eyes"?

So I won't judge that part.

>Well, both Chris and Bono thought "Clocks" was a great title, although it was just my brain all fuzzed up at the moment, my mind was trying to say wrist watch, but all I could utter was Clocks! And just what would be better, O infinite fortune teller? :laugh3: Isn't art a matter of simplifying and centering attention, keep the title short and sweet? Maybe the old way is better - naming songs by the word or phrase used as the central theme, repeated the most throughout the song?

I don't get why people are complaining about the lyrics. This is Coldplay, the same band that brought us gems like this:

Every step that you take

Could be your biggest mistake

It could bend or it could break

But that's the risk that you take

Sure the lyrics are trite and uninspired, but I still think that song is fun as hell to listen and sing along to. It's not really lyrics that make up Coldplay songs, it's the melodies (at least in my opinion).

So on that note, I guess I'd say that I'm looking forward to hearing this song, since all the info released up to now hasn't really given us much to go on.

Mois Je ne crois pas que le film E.T. ont détruit pour l'industrie des disques seulement par le titre d'une chanson.

Quelle est ton interpretation de "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face"?

J'ai pensez que tu parlais Francais/Allemand puisque tu habite en Suize. Prends ce comme un conseil: on peut se communiquer meilleur avec toi en francais. ;)

mon interprétation est simple le titre s'appel quand Dieu met un sourire sur ton visage c'est la béatitude , comme bien heureux .

l'histoire c'est un peu comme Matrix , quand les gens travail trop ils finissent pas oublier la vrai vie ou alors ils n'aiment pas vraiment leur vie et disparaître dans le net . et vous finissez avec Swallowed In The Sea & Yellow .

et quand on parle de Chaque larme est une cascade - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall nous revenons à la béatitude ou trop d'émotion à contenir qui veut encore dire God Put A Smile Upon Your Face .

alors facile retourné en enfance ou ados, la vie était plus simple, et les graffitis communique plus simple avec la rébellion .

What's more unnerving is that it feels like it's gonna be a fast track in which Chris is almost rapping the verse. /cringe

Just imagining that is making me cringe. :bigcry:

I don't get why people are complaining about the lyrics. This is Coldplay, the same band that brought us gems like this:

Every step that you take

Sure the lyrics are trite and uninspired, but I still think that song is fun as hell to listen and sing along to. It's not really lyrics that make up Coldplay songs, it's the melodies (at least in my opinion).

So on that note, I guess I'd say that I'm looking forward to hearing this song, since all the info released up to now hasn't really given us much to go on.

Just because Coldplay may have written great lyrics for songs before doesn't mean they're suddenly allowed to write nonsensical lyrics now. While the lyrics aren't everything to a song, they do play a key factor. I can only hope there's something special in how it sounds. I'm holding out full judgment until then.

Every step that you take

What If is terrible.

I think I'm more aware of the lyrics now because when I started to listen to coldplay my english level was lower than it is now. I still think they could do way better.

Maybe Chris should let the other guys to write some songs, who knows? George Harrison wrote just a few songs for The Beatles but some of his songs are part of the best beatles songs ever :wacky:

I've never seen anything wrong with the lyrics during the Viva era. A lot of the Parachutes era lyrics are on a lower level in my opinion, and honestly if you want to talk bad lyrics I don't see how you could mention any other era first other than the X & Y era.

Just because Coldplay may have written great lyrics for songs before doesn't mean they're suddenly allowed to write nonsensical lyrics now. While the lyrics aren't everything to a song, they do play a key factor. I can only hope there's something special in how it sounds. I'm holding out full judgment until then.

I'm of the opinion that they haven't ever written great lyrics. The subject matter of their songs is interesting and relatable, and that's always been enough for me. I guess what I'm trying to say isn't that they're allowed to write nonsensical lyrics, it's just that it isn't illogical for that to happen.

:inquisitive:

You say they haven't written great lyrics, and yet when you see people talking about how they dislike these lyrics, you defend them and refer to a "gem?" You're contradicting yourself.

(well okay, honestly, A Rush Of Blood to the Head is a good song lyrically. maybe a few others as well... but rly not many)

edit: also will someone please post a pic of these much-discussed outfits? I am afraid to go looking

edit dos:

:inquisitive:

You say they haven't written great lyrics, and yet when you see people talking about how they dislike these lyrics, you defend them and refer to a "gem?" You're contradicting yourself.

sarcasm, Violet; sarcasm

It's official: Coldplay is for gays now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c3iB-4bO50]YouTube - ‪You know how I know your gay‬‏[/ame]

This finally came true :dazzled:

I don't even want to comment about the lyrics. -.-

I'm interested to hear the new stuff. The lyrics are unbelievably shite tho, I'm not impressed there at all.

I don't mind the artwork and stuff, seems fresh and fun, kind of continuing and improving on some of the home-made, grafiti-type feel of some of the Viva artworks. The new 'costumes' for want of a better word bother me; while their new look is alright, I just wish they wouldn't bother with all the dressing up and stuff. It makes it all a bit gimmicky.

It's just all a little frustrating, I mean they know Coldplay fans get a lot of stick an' all for being Coldplay fans, yet they don't make it any easier for us do they? :confused: