✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the more I think about this the more I want to believe they picked the wrong song as 1st single (is this a single, right?) Because I really hope the album will be good, I really want to get into coldplay again like I used to. They've had such a big impact on my life that I don't want them to release bad music and I don't want to stop liking them :bigcry:

That was my fangirl post of the day.

Well, the more I think about this the more I want to believe they picked the wrong song as 1st single (is this a single, right?) Because I really hope the album will be good, I really want to get into coldplay again like I used to. They've had such a big impact on my life that I don't want them to release bad music and I don't want to stop liking them :bigcry:

This is exactly what I'm scared about

Isn't the first single meant to be what the band considers the best song off the album? :anxious:

Violet Hill is one of my favourites off the album but yeah I don't really like speed of sound.

I meant it's what the band considers their best work and possibly what will sell best.

But I'm still hoping it's just one crap song and the rest is amazing ...

Didn't they seem like costumes...? Those coloured bomber jackets covered in patches? It looks that they've been sitting around the Bakery sewing again, like last time :\ I just assumed they'd be wearing them permanently now for the next 2 years....hopefully I'm wrong :lol:

un dicton en français : quand le chat n'est pas là les souris danse .

well you know when the cat's away (for some bad reasons) .

the mouses dance. then there will always be bread and cakes at the bakery.

This. So much this.

I'm so afraid that I won't like this and then I will be devastated and everything because Coldplay have always been THE band. And I don't want to see them release something terrible.

I'm just hoping we're all getting worked up over nothing.

it's funny how they'll disappear into the studio with Eno and be like hay guise dis album iz gonna be sooper amazin n experimental and such. Will's messin wit crazy new time signatures blah blah Jonny's messin with crazy keyboard sounds blah blah, Eno's got us switching instruments and doin crazy avant-garde shit blah blah...

and then when they come back to daylight the music is as cheesy and uninteresting as ever. Obviously they ain't no radiohead or animal collective, but as far as coldplay goes, this don't look too good fellas (but I might be wrong).

I get the feeling sometimes that Eno's just trolling with them, like:

"WOW WILL. ARE YOU DRUMMING IN 3/4 INSTEAD OF 4/4?? HOLLLY SHIT. THAT IS SOOO ORIGINAL. KEEP THEM CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING. This is basically a super hip reinvention of an old-fashioned waltz. Did you know that's what a waltz is? Will is drumming a waltz. Speak to your hearts and listen hard to what they have to say. Then write lyrics. Use imagery!!!"

then he goes home and tells his wife and they laugh over the day's trollings

I get the feeling sometimes that Eno's just trolling with them, like:

"WOW WILL. ARE YOU DRUMMING IN 3/4 INSTEAD OF 4/4?? HOLLLY SHIT. THAT IS SOOO ORIGINAL. KEEP THEM CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING. This is basically a super hip reinvention of an old-fashioned waltz. Did you know that's what a waltz is? Will is drumming a waltz. Speak to your hearts and listen hard to what they have to say. Then write lyrics. Use imagery!!!"

then he goes home and tells his wife and they laugh over the day's trollings

enohenry.jpg

It's just all a little frustrating, I mean they know Coldplay fans get a lot of stick an' all for being Coldplay fans, yet they don't make it any easier for us do they?

this is what bothers me most :|

i already have to deal with adam young's horrible choice of the lead atbab single and now this? :P

Dude you guys need to stop making me laugh, I'm sore from going to the batting cages yesterday and my sides hhhuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrtttt, you are causing me pain.

On the thread topic, I will say basically what I said in the Coldplay section but in a more blunt manner because Debs probably (hopefully) doesn't lurk here.

- The lyrics seem like shit but I'll reserve judgement until I listen to the song.

- I've never really been into album artwork other than Parachutes, so I don't hate the new stuff. But I don't really care about it either way so I suppose that's not saying much.

- Why the fuck do they feel the need to have a wardrobe theme. Just wear regular clothes and stop distracting from the music. Yeah other bands have a wardrobe theme... it's called EACH MEMBER WEARS WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANNA WEAR. Ugh.