✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I think LP5 is largely going to be positive and upbeat, which will piss off the older coldplay fans something fierce as they want more songs about getting kicked in the nuts or trying to overcome getting kicked in the nuts. Don't get me wrong, I like all the old albums too, but i'm fine with them evolving and trying new things. I'd rather they do this than be one of those bands that has one sound and repeat it album in and album out to the point where they all sound the same.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LP5 is largely going to be positive and upbeat, which will piss off the older coldplay fans something fierce as they want more songs about getting kicked in the nuts or trying to overcome getting kicked in the nuts. Don't get me wrong, I like all the old albums too, but i'm fine with them evolving and trying new things. I'd rather they do this than be one of those bands that has one sound and repeat it album in and album out to the point where they all sound the same.

Totally agree with you, but I would prefer Parachutes and AROBTTH if I have to choose. Though, VLV is musically the best Coldplay album until now and I desperately love it!

Totally agree with you, but I would prefer Parachutes and AROBTTH if I have to choose. Though, VLV is musically the best Coldplay album until now and I desperately love it!

Viva? the best album...uhhhh no its the most blandest of the 4..nothing they will ever come out with will top AROBTTH what does Viva have? Lost!, Violet Hill? Viva La Vida pfft! and its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to short.

Viva? the best album...uhhhh no its the most blandest of the 4..nothing they will ever come out with will top AROBTTH what does Viva have? Lost!, Violet Hill? Viva La Vida pfft! and its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to short.

There are lots of impartial criteria to say something about music. I said, musically VLV is the best album with regard to these criteria. But I said also, that if I have to choose, I will prefer AROBTTH and Parachutes, nevertheless I love Viva so much!

Look at Bon Iver...great music quality, but I don't like it. I accept the quality of the music but I don't feel any emotions when I hear it.

Ignoring the laughably poor lyrics, the first half isn't that bad. It becomes dreadful later on with the 'WA WA WA WA WATERFALL' part. And I don't like how it ends with the drum solo, it's anti-climatic.

You must hate the better part of the Viva album too if you thought these lyrics were bad, they make more sense than the better part of the last album.

The drum solo ending would work much better if it was used in the middle of a live show and actually led into a 60-90 second drum solo by Will. I can agree being anti-climactic to close a show or an album. Perhaps Will may get a short drum solo track (or hidden track) on LP5?

What I think would work really well in a live show is ETIAW with a 60-90 second drum solo by Will that ends with him transitioning into the start of In My Place.

The lyrics make perfect sense (apart from 'Until Monday morning feels another life'), what I meant was they sound as if they're from a generic pop song. There's very little imagination going on.

I think it would be a great idea to transition into In My Place from ETIAW but unfortunately they seem to be using it as the closing song so I don't think it'll ever happen :(

The lyrics make perfect sense (apart from 'Until Monday morning feels another life'), what I meant was they sound as if they're from a generic pop song. There's very little imagination going on.

The Monday morning reference is about people going to concerts/clubs/rave/whatever on the weekends before going back to another part of their life on Monday, be it school, work or some other obligation. The song is about getting lost in the music, that phrase is one of the key lyrics in the song. Living in the music, in the moment.

I can't understand the fuss some people make about the lyrics. If the song didn't have this pop sound and was meant to be a ballad or something, nobody would complain. The only line I can't understand in the whole song is 'the cathedrals' part. What's that supposed to mean?

I can't understand the fuss some people make about the lyrics. If the song didn't have this pop sound and was meant to be a ballad or something, nobody would complain. The only line I can't understand in the whole song is 'the cathedrals' part. What's that supposed to mean?

Its just an image for the power of music and the effect of music for your life. It means how music creates more joy and warmth in your life (symbolised by the heart). ;)

this is my thought.. ETIAW is an okay song, i can see going to a concert and having a fucking blast dancing around to it, but just listening to it with my headphones on, it's a decent Coldplay song. LP5 will most definitely have better tracks, probably two or three standout radio hits, and the rest us the fans will adore for the rest of time.

i also have a strange feeling ETIAW is not going to be on the album.. Coldplay had their winter LP5 moment with Christmas Lights and now have had their summer LP5 moment with ETIAW

just my opinion though.

we'll see what happens, nothings for sure

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Look at this video, look at the people, how they dance and jump around the whole song - just enjoying the best day in their life! Oh my gosh, I love this song so much! Thanks Coldplay! I'm so sure that there wouldn't be some people who complain about the song if they had not release it as the first single after 3 years.

Exactly - it's such an exhilirating song and has such a great buildup - Can't understand such hate for this song - they took ordinary chords/sample from another song and made it into a symphonic masterpiece. I turn the music up, i got my records on.... love it! It has to be on the album, and it will be for sure despite the hate.

• 2 weeks later...