✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I am disappointed by you coldplay. This song is a summer song and it sucks. But i don´t know you as the band who is doing summer songs like katy perry and friends. I expected a song like warning sign or yellow. Even a song which is half as good as yellow would have satisfied me. But now i have to tell you something you told me a long time ago:

Give me real , don´t give me fake.

lol get over yourself and go listen to parachutes

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

meh... I didn't like the song either! :bigcry:

Erm, hopefully I'll like some of the songs on the new album :\

Why do people think that it is gonna be a good summer song? The song is mundane from the beginning to the end, Chris sounded like he's just singing to get done with this song as soon as possible. Even Viva La Vida has the understandable element of being a summer song with the big singalong 'ooohhh' part (it's not a great song, but I get why people get excited as soon as the intro comes in), but where is the majestic part in ETIAW that makes it a good summer song? I find none.

I've heard the song twice, still not liking it, and I'm avoiding myself from more listens for the fear of hating the song more than I am now.

Roadie42, are you sane? Like Clocks?

Now they are pushing this garbage in panteon of greatest Coldplay songs.

That's EXACTLY what I thought to myself when I read it. Everybody with connections to Coldplay think it's a great song. It isn't. From what I've seen more than half of the fanbase dislike it. It's a sign that they should just disown the song and move on. That would be a real showing of guts.

I'm beginning to thnk that Brian Eno has less to be punished for production on ETIAW than we think. These are the full credits of the song:

Written by Berryman / Buckland / Champion / Martin / Allen / Anderson.

The song contains compositional elements of "I Go To Rio" by Peter Allen (1976), written by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson.

Produced by Markus Dravs, Dan Green and Rik Simpson.

Enoxification and additional composition by Brian Eno.

I've been listening to the song several times now and I'm trying to be objective, now that the enthusiasm for the new song is over. What I don't like at all about ETIAW is the first 30 seconds, when it sounds a mere dance thing, and the last ten seconds. I think that the stuff in between is not that bad, to be honest it reminds me a little bit of 'Lovers in Japan'. In the end, I rated the song 7. Still, I hope this was more a festival tune than the first bit of the new album. And I trust the guys, not for blind devotion or worship, but because I rate them great musicians.

I'm one of the fans who really likes ETIAW. Everyone is definitely allowed his or her opinion, and I can understand why fans who were waiting for the next "Yellow" are disappointed.

However, spare some thought for the marketing aspects behind the single's release. The single is meant to get people - some of whom may never have listened to Coldplay before - interested in the festival shows and in LP5. So the song had to be accessible to the casual listener, and the band went the danceable route to make it so. No, it's not "Warning Sign" but it's not crap, either. I have to smile a little and wonder, if media such as this had been around in 1967, we'd have had Beatles fans dissing "Sgt. Pepper" and longing for the times when we had lyrics such as "beep beep and beep beep yeah!"

And seeing the videos from last night makes me even more eager for the album!

I've just had a listen to parachutes,

which has a great feeling to it, almost like a 'personality'

and then I remembered when I first heard coldplay, stuck in traffic, in a hot car, being 9 and without a lot of patients, asked my dad to turn on the radio, but at first he refused since 'it would be all french crap (no offence :wink:), but when he did, I heared the last part of clocks, which made the next couple of hours much better.

If it would be ETIAW on the radio back then, I'd probably would feel a bit better, but I'd never have looked up any other songs of this band, and wouldn't have heared such great music

For a summer hit, it's okay. For a Coldplay song, it's a disgrace. However, there are some positive sides as well:

1. Jonny's guitar playing is incredible.

2. The final minute sounds actually good.

I thought I was dying when I heard the first minute, but then the rest of it made a bit up for that, and I was a bit enthusiastic because after all, Coldplay finally have a new song. Still I can't stand it that they used a terrible melody that is not even their own to build this song around. Moreover, the SYNTHS. The absence of synths used to be one of the reasons why this is my favourite band.

The lyrics are crap and immature, certainly knowing what their possibilities are.

They are obviously going for a big summer hit here. But when I saw footage of the other new songs they played yesterday, I'm positive that loyal fans will get their share on the next album as well.

However, spare some thought for the marketing aspects behind the single's release.

they are one of the biggest bands in the world. making songs like this just to get known more makes no sense to me..

Ok well I've listened to it about a dozen times now and from a 5 yesterday I'll mark it a 7. I like it. Don't love it, but hey, those of you who know I'd mark IMP something like a 1 in an instant will already know I'd easily take ETIAW in a setlist over IMP anyday :laugh3:

The more I listen to ETIAW the more it reminds me of Deacon Blue ~ Real Gone Kid from the album When the World Knows Your Name from 1989. The ooohs from both lead singers, and the structure of the songs alike. And whaddya know, DB are Scottish. I'm sure they used plenty of those Scottish guitars. Cheesy eighties to the cheesy tennies, I'm alright with that :)

So yes, 7/10. No more, no less.

Ok well I've listened to it about a dozen times now and from a 5 yesterday I'll mark it a 7. I like it. Don't love it, but hey, those of you who know I'd mark IMP something like a 1 in an instant will already know I'd easily take ETIAW in a setlist over IMP anyday :laugh3:

The more I listen to ETIAW the more it reminds me of Deacon Blue ~ Real Gone Kid from the album When the World Knows Your Name from 1989. The ooohs from both lead singers, and the structure of the songs alike. And whaddya know, DB are Scottish. I'm sure they used plenty of those Scottish guitars. Cheesy eighties to the cheesy tennies, I'm alright with that :)

Woohoo! :thumbsup:

for some reason, people think that because its a pop song its not good. on the contrary, its because its not good at all that it's not liked. i loved VLV and love C-play's hits just as much as the next person, but if you compare it to pop hits, this doesn't rank in the top-20 currently, and to be honest, if doesn;t compare to born this way AS A POP SONG and i hate lady gaga!!!

"Born This Way?" Ohhhhh.....you mean Madonna's "Express Yourself??"

Okay, I threw up in my mouth a little when you posted that Gag's "Born This Way" is better than ETIAW. IMO, it's not. But also IMO, she's a blight on the face of music. She claims to be this "artist," but she's only in it for the shock value anymore. She claims to be original, yet everything she has done for her latest album takes a big ol' page out of Madonna's playbook from the 80's. I wouldn't be surprised if her next album takes a spiritual tone and she gets into Kabbalah.

I'm thinking...."Beam of Light?" No?

BTW....did you see her performance on SNL? She gave birth.......to glitter. Yeah. She's on the right track baby, she was manufactured that way!

IMP a 1/10?? :o

why am I married to you? :p :lol:

Very good way to dedide the vote of the song (any song or any album too)

PS: what is "IMP" or what is the meaning of it?

I was feeling generous ;)

that answer is too ambiguous. to which were you feeling generous?

it had better be feeling generous when giving IMP 1/10 :p

That's EXACTLY what I thought to myself when I read it. Everybody with connections to Coldplay think it's a great song. It isn't. From what I've seen more than half of the fanbase dislike it. It's a sign that they should just disown the song and move on. That would be a real showing of guts.

maybe half the fans on this site dont like it,but from what ive read average fans love it

maybe half the fans on this site dont like it,but from what ive read, average fans love it