✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a solid 7/10. To be honest, it wasn't expected and sounds a tad bit 'poppy' but It lifted my mood instantly and so naturally, I loved it. Plus, I can't ever not like something from Coldplay.

I feel kind of like a teenybopper Top 40 radio listener with no taste, but I seem to have the opposite problem as a lot of people, and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I feel like I need to defend that opinion with qualifiers, like "I know it's just shallow pop" and "wow, did Apple and Moses write the lyrics?", but the bottom line is that I'd probably have liked it as a fun, guilty-pleasure song no matter where I heard it or who it was by. And it just kind of makes me feel like this:

tumblr_lmc96q0VgS1qaxvu0.gif

that picture is perfect, it even ties into the circles on the stage :D

etiaw moved from an 8 like to a 9 love for me last night when I watched RaR

This. My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by Lore;4814909

I voted a 5, at 7am the same day they released it, but the more I listened to that song, the more I disliked it, and now that we know more songs it just doesn't fit with the rest of the songs. I'll give it now 2/10, 2 points for Jonny's guitar and that's all. I hope they won't include it on LP5

Ditto.

Voted 7 as well. For a Coldplay song I think it's not great, because we're all used to Coldplay being brilliant. But like some other people said, when you accept it as a 'fun summer song', it's pretty nice.

I do love the guitar and Will's ending.

Voted 7 as well. For a Coldplay song I think it's not great, because we're all used to Coldplay being brilliant. But like some other people said, when you accept it as a 'fun summer song', it's pretty nice.

I do love the guitar and Will's ending.

do 'fun summer songs' have a place on an 'all year round' album?

do 'fun summer songs' have a place on an 'all year round' album?

:)

Good 'fun summer songs' definitely do, like Strawberry swing, but I'm not sure about this one. If it's for me to decide, I'd say no for now. But let's leave it to the band :smug:

Edit: Btw, this morning it came on the radio (it's everywhere on Dutch radio) and I actually got goosebumps. So it might seriously be growing on me....:sneaky:

Guest LiquidSky
YouTube - ‪Coldplay- " Every teardrop is a waterfall " Live @ Rock am Ring: Nürburgring, Germany‬‏[/url]

Erm, man! I was hoping that it would sound better live but Chris seems to be trying to catch his breath & do I see muscles on Chris's arms or did he just gained weight?????? or is it that I haven't seen him in a while? :confused:

I feel kind of like a teenybopper Top 40 radio listener with no taste, but I seem to have the opposite problem as a lot of people, and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I feel like I need to defend that opinion with qualifiers, like "I know it's just shallow pop" and "wow, did Apple and Moses write the lyrics?", but the bottom line is that I'd probably have liked it as a fun, guilty-pleasure song no matter where I heard it or who it was by. And it just kind of makes me feel like this:

tumblr_lmc96q0VgS1qaxvu0.gif

awwwwwwww!! ^^^ that gif is awesome!

^ It is.

I may have liked it more if it wasn't a Coldplay song, so I wouldn't have had such great expectations. I don't mind hearing it on the radio, though I always think I wish they'd played a different Coldplay song instead. But yeah, it's their new song after all.

But for now I feel like I'm getting tired of discussing this song, I'll just accept it the way it is.

Finally I rated, gave it a nine. After adjusting a little to the rythm and the uptempo and having experienced the song live@pinkpop2011 I'm all into it. The guys from Coldplay really love it themselves also, as seen on their faces and body language as they perform.

ETIAW is a great piece of music and really realy good for live performances.

Finally I rated, gave it a nine. After adjusting a little to the rythm and the uptempo and having experienced the song live@pinkpop2011 I'm all into it. The guys from Coldplay really love it themselves also, as seen on their faces and body language as they perform.

ETIAW is a great piece of music and really realy good for live performances.

Lovely to hear! Same here, but I gave ETIAW full points! :cool: