✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I hated it the first time i heard it, everybody said it would grow in me...the more i listen to it the more i hate it, it doesnt work live, its a horrible song, i know so-so people like it but not many but even if you like it or love the song in reality its a shit song...case closed.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated it the first time i heard it, everybody said it would grow in me...the more i listen to it the more i hate it, it doesnt work live, its a horrible song, i know so-so people like it but not many but even if you like it or love the song in reality its a shit song...case closed.

Oh my god...please read the reviews of the festivals. Nearly everyone said that the song works incredible good live. Even the "haters". :bomb:

I don't think you can say it's a shit song - case closed. That's your opinion!

I actually really like the song, I've given it an 8 on the poll. It's really grown on me since first hearing it and it's nice to have something upbeat and happy! It might not be their best lyrically or musically but it's certainly not shit IMO.

Love the song and I'm waiting on the day I'll get the chance to hear the new stuff live!! Album and tour please boys :D

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion.. But when I check out the poll at least 66pct of all the ratings are 7 and up so i think the majority do not share your opinion and think it's shit...

Maybe you are hard to get, but it definitely will grow on you, happened to me too after initially having some second thoughts on it.

From Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/on-the-charts-eminem-hits-number-one-with-royce-da-59-side-project-20110622

COLDPLAY'S INTERNET UNDERGROUND: By old-school standards, Coldplay's new single "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" is, at least so far, a middling hit – it peaked in the most recent Billboard Hot 100 at Number 14. However, BigChampagne's Ultimate Chart shows it jumping 10 spots to Number Five, with an especially strong "Fans, Friends & Followers" rating. Why the discrepancy? Could be because the band streamed it free on its website shortly after it came out, ultimately scoring four million views on YouTube in six days (and 6.2 million to date), which is something this chart measures compared to the Billboard chart's exclusive look at sales. This bodes well for Coldplay's upcoming album, which is reportedly due sometime this year, but even more so for the band's tour, which is truly where artists make their money after building YouTube buzz.

Every Tear Drop is a Waterfall

The first time I heard this song, I confess was a little disapointed and would only give it at the very most 7/10. But I swear, this song grows on you. It NEVER gets boring!

9/10

The first time I heard this song, I confess was a little disapointed and would only give it at the very most 7/10. But I swear, this song grows on you. It NEVER gets boring!

9/10[/color]

True, I first gave it an 8 now I want to give it a 10 but that's not gonna happen:(

I really love the song it's so happy and beautiful at the same time, you can just jump up and down and sing along. It just sooo beautiful. Maybe the lyrics aren't that clever but that doesn't matter for me, it's just the guitar, chris' voice the drum beat de bass what makes it a beautful song.

strange how people can hate this song.. But If you dont like it, well that's your opinion, it's not a fact...

I loved it from the first time. What an energy and positivity. Just so much joy! I like coldplay so much because they can bring out a great stadium track like this or viva la vida that just blows of the roof and then they will surprise you with something that's so humble, emotional and pure like moving to mars. That's what makes them great.

And what is so bad about a good band making one song thats a bit further away from all of their other 'perfect' songs. Why can't a band just bring out something that makes people jump up and down. It's not really that simple or crappy, like many crap on the radio. And what's so wrong with lyrics that are simple. Just this one song..

Thumbs up for CP! :) :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4Prh28sxM]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall Live at Where The Action Is Gothenburg‬‏[/ame]

minute 1:20

look at the crowd.!!! jumping

this sonG is awesome live

the video is crap :lol: because of the quality

first time i heard it i wanted to give it a 5/10

now it raised to 6/10.

i mean everytime i think of a song of LP5 it's either Charlie Brown or moving to mars, not this one. even live it wasn't as good as god put a smile upon your face

• 2 weeks later...

i've listened to ETIAW about 300 times now.

i think its exciting if nothing else. its catchy,

the lyrics are simple and easy to remember.

if u can manage to make a song with these

characteristics, it should be a decent song,

and it is. with the other new songs from best

to worst it probably fits here:

HLH 9.7/10

PoC 9.5/10 (studio version is going to b mind-blowing)

CB 8.7/10 (LP5's "in my place")

MX 8/10

ETIAW 7.7/10

MtM 7.6/10 (everyone thinks this is a "classic." its not, but still good)

UATW 7/10 (this song is a great change of pace in concert, but souldnt b on Lp5

MM 5/10

I don't get some of the hate for ETIAW. I'm actually a big fan of the lyrics. I think it could have used another verse and less free flow at the end. startedout as a 9, fell to about a 7/7.5, but now i'd say it's back up to a 9.

Haven't heard PoC but of the new stuff i've heard i'd rank the new songs

Charlie Brown

ETIAW

Hurts Like Heaven

Moving to Mars

Us Against the World

Major Minus

As soon as I heard it, I might've gave it a 5-7/10 but MAAAAAN!! Does this song really GROW on you!! :D

Jonny has really come into his own with this song, I LOOOVE his fast guitar playing on this one! And I also love the lyrics too, especally "Don't wanna see another generation drop / I'd rather be a comma than a full stop".

Not that I'm looking for the rest of the album to be driving but it's really setting the tone for the new album! I love it! Absolutely love it!! CP's best song yet!