✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thought the beginning of the song closely resembled parts of Underworld's Born Slippy? This is a very uplifting song which has summer festivals written al over it. It's nice enough, easy listening, but I do hope the new album has an edgier, a more inventive and perhaps even stubborn side to it as well.

Am I the only one who thought the beginning of the song closely resembled parts of Underworld's Born Slippy? This is a very uplifting song which has summer festivals written al over it. It's nice enough, easy listening, but I do hope the new album has an edgier, a more inventive and perhaps even stubborn side to it as well.

Please don't compare this mess of a song to the masterpiece that is Born Slippy.

To the people who voted 10.. if this is your idea of brilliant, then you've probably lost your minds.

I honestly don't care about the haters. If you don't like it, that's your choice.

But personally, if the album sounds like this, I'll be happy. The lyrics actually fit really well with the vocals.

And Jonny's guitar part - HURNGH. So good.

I found the new single BRILLIANT - maybe in particular after having read so many negative comments!

The instrumental parts of the single reminded me of Wing's Mull of Kintyre from 1975/76 which was a huge success - one of the most sold singles in the UK for decades and one of my favourites from that period.

Maybe after some time I would not have rated it so high! But I like it.

Agree, that looks like short-lived-summer-hit.

For now I gave it a 7 (just after my first listen). Lately, whenever I hear something new by my favourite artists, I tend to highly rate it because it's new and just out of loyalty. So i've kind of reserved judgment just for now given that it's my first listen. But it's a great song for me because they're doing everything I wanted; moving forward with their sound beyond VLV rather than regressing to an earlier sound as a lot of other bands might. Oasis and Travis come to mind here when after their experimental fourth albums, they retreated back to the familiar habits. That's not the case with Coldplay.

A very promising opening to this album.

I honestly don't care about the haters. If you don't like it, that's your choice.

But personally, if the album sounds like this, I'll be happy. The lyrics actually fit really well with the vocals.

And Jonny's guitar part - HURNGH. So good.

Agree with you 100%... i LOVED Jonny's riff and the song in general, really uplifting. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but i do seem to recall that this was more or less the same reaction that Violet Hill got when it was first released and now i don't see anyone hating on it.

Same here HandyAndy! I really like this song, and I've now got a great feeling about this new "era" Coldplay is entering: the festivals, the album, the tour... :D

I don't know where to put this, so i'll put it here - here's my mini-review, which I wrote just because I'm so enthusiastic about this track:

This song is absolutely wonderful! The intro which really shows a techno/electro/dance-ish "vibe" (that goes on during the rest of the song) really was not what I expected at all! But it works pretty well, and that guitar riff is just... magnificent! It seems to be a mix of a number of styles - there's a definite irish vibe with that guitar riff, but also something modern which can be heard at the start... But in the background I can kind of hear an "atmospheric" type sound - I can't describe it well, but it's like the start of Violet Hill.

In any case, it's wonderful music!

Sure, the lyrics are far from poetry, but the vocal melody is really nice (notably that "it's a wa-wa-waterfall bit, which I agree with somebody who posted somewhere isn't lyrical genius, but quite melodic).

I can really see this song being a highlight in any concert - wherever it is in the setlist (start, middle or finish).

Also, even if it's four minutes, which should be long enough by any standard, when that final drum bit comes signaling the end, I just don't want it to stop!

after reading the lyrics, and seeing lots of ooohh and ahhs near the end, i was expecting an epic coldplay ending like the ending of POLITIK or FIX U :(

i rate this song between 5 - 7, maybe i will warm up to the song after a few more listens. it's kinda catchy, summery, but 10/10? o_o

hmm, not to be critiac-9.

i`m not elated with this song. the song is a continueation of viva, i was never elated with viva,i think, the best era was AROBTTH, but i`ll wait for new album and than estimate wholly. i hope, there will be better songs in new album than it is.