✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Petition for ETIAW NOT to be in LP5

Guys, honestly... this is Coldplay´s work and not mine or yours or ours... THEY decide what to put on THEIR work... some people forget that you dont have to buy their music. It´s their dream they are writing for and if you like it: cool. If not, well, then not.

I think it should be on the album whether people like the song or not. I for one don't particularly like it but some people do so for that reason it should stay on LP5. I just hope it's not an album closer though. It would be a really weak way to finish off the album when fantastic songs like Charlie Brown and Major Minus have come before it.

Yes but on the other hand I think it would be a good closer. Close an album with such a positive way, like they finished the gig yesterday, is awesome. But I know what you mean :)

agreed, this article is unbelievably immature

I don't know why many coldplay fans hate this song, it's clearly their style and it's not so different to viva la vida or death and all his friends!

So please stop making multiple subjects of how you hate this song...

You are so right.

I bet if you would change some aspects in this song ( just one more guitar to making it more "acoustic" ) it would be an OMGWTFBBQ single again for most here.

But I see your point. Yes, it is a bit too pop-like but just wait til this fucking album arrives... I am pretty sure Coldplay knows what they are doing.

Most labels today publish a Standard Edition and a Deluxe Edition of the album - ETIAW is such a typical bonus track for a Deluxe edition - yeah, or for the special Christmas edition with Christmas lights on it and it comes in a golden X-Mas present box and a red ribbon around it :laugh3:

No seriously, I think they will put it on LP5 but when it is the last track on the album it does not really disturb anyone....they just should not leave out another great track because of it.

well if it is on LP5, which would be a stupid move -_____- my opinion it sounds like Rebecca Black-Friday, yeah it does...Chris rushing to finish the lyrics as fast as he can and who ever said this sounds like coldplay, im sorry, your seriously stupid it sounds more like someone swinging a cat by its tail than Coldplay, its just unbearable for me and yes if its on LP5 ill just delete it.

Well so you're calling me stupid???

If you don't like it then say it in one subject not in multiple ones! Well like it or not, it's pop music, a great tune and an extraordinary potential like viva la vida in live!

So please go away with your negativity and let the people who love it do subjects! :D

Well so you're calling me stupid???

If you don't like it then say it in one subject not in multiple ones! Well like it or not, it's pop music, a great tune and an extraordinary potential like viva la vida in live!

So please go away with your negativity and let the people who love it do subjects! :D

OOOHHH YES! Such a amazing song! It has to be on LP5 in my way of thinking. If not, there is another new one - and this is also good. :)

No seriously, I think they will put it on LP5 but when it is the last track on the album it does not really disturb anyone....

Srsly? The closer is one of the most important parts of the album. It concludes the album. It's the last song we get to listen to until the next album.

Like I posted in another thread, if ETIAW is included as the closer, it will join the ranks of Everything's Not Lost, Amsterdam, Twisted Logic, and Death and All His Friends, which would just be a huge slap in the face.

Now that I think about it though, I don't see why they would use the first single as the closer. I feel like that's kind of like "giving away the ending" to the album before we get to hear it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Srsly? The closer is one of the most important parts of the album. It concludes the album. It's the last song we get to listen to until the next album.

Like I posted in another thread, if ETIAW is included as the closer, it will join the ranks of Everything's Not Lost, Amsterdam, Twisted Logic, and Death and All His Friends, which would just be a huge slap in the face.

Now that I think about it though, I don't see why they would use the first single as the closer. I feel like that's kind of like "giving away the ending" to the album before we get to hear it.

Barring Twisted Logic, those are three fantastic closers.

If Coldplay decided to release this as a single, then they can't think this is a bad track. If they don't think it's a bad track, it logically should be going to be on their next album.

In any case, it's their choice. And we have the marvelous right to choose whether to buy an album with ETIAW on it. After that, if we buy the album, we have the even greater choice of listening to this track or to skip it.

For me the choice is already made. But I'm not talking about it in half a dozen different threads... Despite how much I want to show my enthusiasm for this song, the album, the festivals and especially this band :p

Edit: None of the other closing songs were released as singles. So I doubt ETIAW is the closer. Could be the one opening though - LiTII for example was a single, came in first for both the album (albeit in a reduced form) and the EP, and was the song with which they closed most (if not all the) shows on the Viva tour. We'll just have to wait and see when the album comes - because until then, nothing is certain.

Dear Coldplay,

I just saw you at Rock am Ring and your new songs are fantastic. My fav is Us Against the World. It is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

Then Every Teardrop is a Waterfall comes on. I almost cried too, but for a different reason. Yes, it is fun, happy and stadium friendly. But it is an anomoly. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I hope it is a one off single. Something only for the summer festivals. Then we can soon leave it aside and enjoy the rest of your new songs.

PS. Is that Chris Martin's backing vocals towards the end of the live ETIAW? Oh dear.