✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DLIBYH

The Oracle just answered a question about DLIBYH

September 7, 2011 - submitted by Tom, United Kingdom

Q. Is DLIBYH an acronym, or is that the actual song title?

Thanks very much

Tom

The Oracle replies:

How exactly would you be pronouncing that then Tom? It's an acronym just as other titles to songs on the album have appeared: UATW, CB, ETIAW, MM, MTM, HLH, UATW and POC.

The most asked question over the past 24 hours has been 'what does DLIBYH mean?'

You know I can't reveal that but there's only been one guess cropping up.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she practically confirms it will be Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Sad story.

Yes it is. It may be a good song, but it's a terrible name. Again, what's wrong with 43? I would much rather a nonsensical number as the title just to be a bit more creative, but now I feel like I'm reading a David Archuleta tracklist.

Yes it is. It may be a good song, but it's a terrible name. Again, what's wrong with 43? I would much rather a nonsensical number as the title just to be a bit more creative, but now I feel like I'm reading a David Archuleta tracklist.

It could still be a great song, especially with Jonny shining. If they'd made titles like this before, Yellow would be You Know I Love You So, Shiver would be I'll Always Be Waiting For You, The Scientist (brilliant song and title!) would be Take Me Back To The Start, Violet Hill would be If You Love Me Won't You Let Me Know, etc.

Viva La Vida is a great example. I remember one time after it was played on the radio the DJ said something along the lines of, "Doesn't it bug you that they never actually say Viva La Vida in the song?", and my expression was an immediate and resounding No. It's about time a band actually thinks of a clever name instead of picking the most used line in the chorus.

I love the name Hurts Like Heaven. I think it's plenty clever enough. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall isn't BAD, but it isn't great either. I think the best named song so far is Major Minus.

Agreed. Amsterdam, Viva la Vida, Life In Technicolor, The Scientist, Don't Panic, Major Minus, etc. are brilliant song titles because we as the fans have to draw the parallel between the title and the lyrics without having it thrown at us in the lyrics as a gimme. It makes people think of the song in ways that they wouldn't otherwise. :nod:

Agreed. Amsterdam, Viva la Vida, Life In Technicolor, The Scientist, Don't Panic, Major Minus, etc. are brilliant song titles because we as the fans have to draw the parallel between the title and the lyrics without having it thrown at us in the lyrics as a gimme. It makes people think of the song in ways that they wouldn't otherwise. :nod:

How could I forget Life In Technicolor? Yeah, now that's an awesome title.

I think Don't Let It Break Your Heart's a really good title. It's sort of intriguing; don't let what break your heart? And obviously, it's sad and weirdly positive at the same time, like Viva La Vida or ETIAW. I sort of imagine it a little like Gil Scott-Heron's I'll Take Care of U.

That was my question! I feel a bit dumb now, she kind of burned me by saying "How exactly would you be pronouncing that?"

Oh well, looks like it could well be Don't Let It break Your Break...

I'm fine with that.

Could be Delibyah.

Is Oracle a she then? :P

Ageed! :) I love it when they name the songs after something other than the CHORUS. That's so overdone in music these days. Even songs like Clocks, Don't Panic, and Charlie Brown. I love the idea that the song title isn't said 50 times throughout the song. It's fun when it's a challenge to figure out.

^^ I agree I like that! Still, there are a lot of people who think Don't Panic is called Beautiful World and Viva La Vida "I used To Rule The World" especially on You Tube!. :laugh3:

I'm curious about this song cause, except for the acronym, the title has not been revealed, I don't know but I like the mystery. They had no problem revealing other song titles though.

What does the title of the song have to do with how it sounds???? Even if you don't like the title, it could be a great song.

Music snob much?????

Usually it doesn't. UNLESS the title is Don't Let it Break Your Heart or Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. :laugh3:

Jeez calm down, no-one said they'd completely written off the song, just that the title could be better. No need to start calling people names just because they shared a slightly negative opinion about something Coldplay have done.

There's far too much of this going on at the moment, people being unable to express their opinions without either being branded a fanboy/girl or a hater/snob...it makes coming into this section absolutely unbearable at times!