✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DLIBYH

Don't Let It Break Your Heart sounds like shoegaze-revival The Pains Of Listening To Shitty Music esque bullshit.

I don't want that from this band. The song title is kind of important if the song has lyrics which it presumably does. I know I might sound like I'm asking for a lot, but I've expect quality lyrics from Chris Martin, nothing less.

You dssin the pains of being pure at heart??????????

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how the acronym for a title can cause so much criticism :) I'm amazed at the increasing ability of this forum to criticize :) I personally don't care either way if it's Don't Let It Break Your Heart or something else. We now have established for some time that Coldplay likes to deal with emotions so such a title would not surprise me and I would definitely hold my judgement until I ve heard the song and see how it fits within the album concept. If we have to speculate, at least let's keep a positive outlook as well as a critical one.

Yup. Their self-titled was okay, but Belong is pure nonsense IMO. :p
And they sucked live when I saw them live. Might have been the worst concert I went to, wait no, that was Malk de Koijn.

We need more guesses, although the oracel already kind of reavealed it was the guess that comes up most.

Debbie's Lovely Indie Bum Yells Hotness

Dude, Let It Be, Yours, Henry

Dracula Left In a Black Yacht Hyundai

Dave Left It Billion Years Hovering

Do Let It Beat Youtube Hits

Yeah, the Oracle already confirmed it's an acronym for something.

She also said there was "one guess" floating around. I'm assuming she's referring to "Don't Let it Break Your Heart." She neither confirmed nor denied it.

That means it could really be Don't Let it Break Your Heart or something very like it. Sort of. :confused:

wat why do you hate it? do you even know what the letters stand for?

Because it's a stupid name, I was judging the name and not the music.

Big difference, it's like saying that ▲ABC = ▲DEF. Comparing two completely different things.

We're doing the same thing. If DLIBYH is Don't Let It Break Your Heart then it's a terrible name. The song may be stunning, but the name is horrible.

We're doing the same thing. If DLIBYH is Don't Let It Break Your Heart then it's a terrible name. The song may be stunning, but the name is horrible.

Er..... that's my point.

You can't even judge the title yet, as nothing has been confirmed. So if you want to judge the letters "dlibyh" then go right ahead, that's just what I was asking. :|

Do you know what really rides my boat.

when people are like 'OMFG LIEK COLDPLAYZ, RELEAZE SUM INFOS YEH?'

then they get it and they are like 'OMFG... WHUT?... LIKE... SHIT. I DONT LIKE DIS'

I mean, MY GOD.

don't know if you're talking to me (a quote would help :P) but I would just like you to know that I'm not a Coldplay fangirl.

I think they're judging the common guess, not DLIBYH because y'know it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Oh I see.

don't know if you're talking to me (a quote would help :P) but I would just like you to know that I'm not a Coldplay fangirl.

Hey, hah! no i wasn't aiming it towards any individual, but in the build up to the release there's so much pre-emptive negativity from all directions. I'm sure whatever you said was constructive and not as retarded as 90% of the unfounded criticism. (you seem educated enough that I won't patronise you :P)

Hey, hah! no i wasn't aiming it towards any individual, but in the build up to the release there's so much pre-emptive negativity from all directions. I'm sure whatever you said was constructive and not as retarded as 90% of the unfounded criticism. (you seem educated enough that I won't patronise you :P)

Oh okay. and thanks :P

Tbh I don't care what it's called if it's a good enough song. :nice:

I think all this "negativity" has come from a build-up of anxiety, and not a patronization of the band. Since this era is based on graffiti art and such, the "hidden" messages and clues on the album cover, twitter, and coldplay.com caused an eclectic variety of opinions, which has caused these "hypothetical" controversies. Some people guess at the name of DLIBYH while others badger it for having a bad title when we don't even know what it is yet. But I think this negativity is rooted in the anitcipation of a legit annoucement of song titles and a tracklist (two things that is very important on this site). Once these requests have been fulfilled, I think for a few weeks the negative comments will subside...that is until the countdown until the album rolls around in mid-october and the anxiety skyrockets once again.