✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DLIBYH

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's weird how much people hate that title because ETIAW is literally the worst title I've ever heard and I've always thought that, but when I first saw "Don't Let It Break Your Heart" I was like, "oh, that's cool."

And seriously, how is that possible man? :P In my opinion, Don't Let It Break Your Heart should never be a song title. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is at least somewhat meaningful.

Do song titles really matter, anyway? Geez, people. Just wait until it comes out. Revel in the mystery, I'm sure you'll miss it when the anticipation is over.

To me, it does. Sure, the song may kick butt, but if the title sucks then it won't help make it a lasting artistic impression on me. Something Coldplay is generally great at doing.

Don't Let It Break Your Heart sounds like shoegaze-revival The Pains Of Listening To Shitty Music esque bullshit.

I don't want that from this band. The song title is kind of important if the song has lyrics which it presumably does. I know I might sound like I'm asking for a lot, but I've expect quality lyrics from Chris Martin, nothing less.

has anything been leaked of this?

if not then it's the same thing as before, judging everything from a name.

You know, we never said we hated the song (how could we, it's not even out yet). We just hate the title, cause, it's terrible.

You know, we never said we hated the song (how could we, it's not even out yet). We just hate the title, cause, it's terrible.

wat why do you hate it? do you even know what the letters stand for?

Kind of like how you said you would lose faith in Coldplay if the new album was called "Mylo Xyloto?"

Because it's a stupid name, I was judging the name and not the music.

Big difference, it's like saying that ▲ABC = ▲DEF. Comparing two completely different things.

Big difference, it's like saying that ▲ABC = ▲DEF. Comparing two completely different things.

Well, technically the expression [▲ABC = ▲DEF] could be right, depending on variability and Uncertainty.

/math geek

But I get it.

No, as in it would have to be the measure of triangle ABC = the measure of triangle DEF or that triangle ABC is congruent to triangle DEF.

But I get the point that you get the point.

So I hope this isn't another one of those unnecessarily long song titles Coldplay seems to be fond of.

So I hope this isn't another one of those unnecessarily long song titles Coldplay seems to be fond of.

Well seeing that it's an acronym that's 6 letters long, it's probably so.

But at least we're not dealing with some Sufjan Stevens-like titles, which include things like:

- "The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself In the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience But You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I Have Fought the Big Knives...""

- "Riffs and Variations On a Single Note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few"

- "To the Workers of the Rock River Valley Region, I Have an Idea Concerning Your Predicament, and It Involves an Inner Tube, Bath Mats, and 21 Able-bodied Men"

I'm a huge Sufjan fan and I swear I still don't understand why the hell he does that.

So it could be worse. :laugh3: