✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How can Heaven be painful?

Hrmm . . . I think what Chris is trying to say is that this girl may use her heart to break his (by telling him she doesn't love him anymore) but he still continues to love her despite what she's done. It hurts, but he relishes it because he knows that for all the pain she caused him, he's still going to love her.

i.e. --> love hurts, but it's still worth having

EDIT: hope this makes sense :confused:

Hrmm . . . I think what Chris is trying to say is that this girl may use her heart to break his (by telling him she doesn't love him anymore) but he still continues to love her despite what she's done. It hurts, but he relishes it because he knows that for all the pain she caused him, he's still going to love her.

i.e. --> love hurts, but it's still worth having

EDIT: hope this makes sense :confused:

This is what I thought, it's supposed to be like another way to say 'Bittersweet'

Well, I get sometimes that something is so beautiful and so pretty and so amazing and I love it so much that it hurts. I don't know, something can just be so perfect that it hurts.

Probably has something to do with the more you love something, the more afraid you are to lose it, and you want it to be closer then it can be. I don't know, something like that probably.

it depends on the context in which it is used and something can hurt but still be wonderful, like sometimes love hurts but then it's still a wonderful feeling :heart:

Now that you say that, I'm reminded of the lyrics to EtiaW "You can hurt, hurt me bad/but I'll still raise the flag"

Maybe, like EtiaW, Hurts Like Heaven is a protest song of sorts. He's being beaten into the dirt, but what he believes in is finally being recognized.

With Hurts Like Heaven, maybe the only way he is going to get noticed by this girl is in a negative way. She may spite him and turn her nose up, but he's still being noticed, and that makes the pain wonderful.

I have no idea where I come up with these crazy theories :confused:

"You can hurt, hurt me bad/but I'll still raise the flag"

You know the expression, I will do with or without you, willingly or forced the door with a flag

it's like the expression on Violet Hill, clip

Chris, I'm jealous of the guys it's me and only me

"You can hurt, hurt me bad/but I'll still raise the flag"

You know the expression, I will do with or without you, willingly or forced the door with a flag

it's like the expression on Violet Hill, clip

Chris, I'm jealous of the guys it's me and only me

Raise the flag means I surrender, I'm not going to argue /fight with you.

Back in the days when armies surrendered during battles they would raise the (white) flag as an indication that they were not going to fight back.

So even if you hurt him bad (maybe the media, critics etc ) he is not going to fight back, he'll still raise the flag in surrender.

Raise the flag means I surrender, I'm not going to argue /fight with you.

Back in the days when armies surrendered during battles they would raise the (white) flag as an indication that they were not going to fight back.

So even if you hurt him bad (maybe the media, critics etc ) he is not going to fight back, he'll still raise the flag in surrender. [/size][/b]

yes is Viva La Vida cover and is always women have flag

viva-la-vida-coldplay.jpg

It reminds me the song Tears in Heaven. As I am a reincarnation believer [almost buddhist] - no human reincarnation can run away from love entanglement [consciously or unconsciously, mixing love with other instincts/desires - many crossings, many decisions and results - nothing can be permanent but an accumulative awareness of unconditional love - hell or heaven might be the psychological coordination for either being close to the Light or not], because, through which only which we can... there are karma or prices along the journey - no matter how painful [different pains and different causes; avoidable or unavoidable] it is you would not regret to go through the transformation. Any pursuit beyond perceptional [either physical or psychological; sometimes unnecessary] suffering has a sense of heaven, such as giving a birth to a new life - there is sth. behind all the visible. Even the doorway is painful to get through, you still choose to come back again because you still have sth. unfulfilled.

To me. the trials and strains of life make the releases and successes feel like heaven! One must work and struggle to feel a sense of triumph over adversity, and the joy of overcoming obstacles. There is no sense of warmth without feeling cold, nor sense of light without knowing darkness. Work like hell, feel like heaven - if you've got a good pair of shoes on. ;)