✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-July-2011] iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London, UK

Jenjie

Yes, if even Guy's sweating then the venitlation of the venue isn't working right! :P

Ha ha! It wasn't that hot out in London last night, it reminds me that some of our live indoor venues are phenomonally poor when it comes to air conditioning/ ventilation. I'm sure you wouldn't encounter that in most major US venues..

Loving the new material .. I really liked Moving To Mars... it seems a continuation of the World Against Us somehow...

The only new song that doesn't work for me is MX.... this song hasn't grown on me at all!

And yes the ITV2 coverage was dire relative to the show... less than a 1/3rd of the setlist played and Vernon Kay banging on about anything but Coldplay for nearly 10 mins.... you forget how good the BBC coverage is !

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't add a lot to the reviews posted already but I wanted to chime in with a few comments. This performance was terrific and I was so glad I ran home a little early to watch the stream. What jumped out at me:

1. How Chris Martin literally throws himself fully into his performance. Even if he is sick of playing the old songs like "The Scientist" we'd never know it. He gives "Yellow" the same depth of physical and psychic attention as he does the new songs.

2. How freaking hard Jonny Buckland works. Watch him; he completely leans into his guitar playing and produces majorly awesome guitar sounds. He's another one who puts himself fully into what he does.

3. How beautiful Will Champion's voice is. I don't know if he was a choirboy when he was a little boy but his vocals in "Us Against The World" were pure and stellar.

4. How busy Guy Berryman is during the gig. It was fun to watch him keeping the beat going with that bass, drumming, moving around, and of course singing more! And finally that jacket came off -- I was wondering if it ever would.

In short, in my opinion, this is one of the hardest working bands in the music industry. They're wrapping up LP5 and still writing new material and giving us super shows like this one. Love 'em.

That's where labels are a pain, and I respect Radiohead's decision to leave EMI. I wish Coldplay had done likewise.*Ducks*

They can't. They're under contract until after their sixth album. Radiohead were able to leave because they had fulfilled their deal.

not wrong, never said it was. just unnecessary and totally coming off as 'that guy' on forums who just posts to get a high post count. whatever floats your boat...

Hahahahaha :laugh3:

Made me laugh :lol:

Have you seen this forum ? I have in almost 3 years 6000 posts and you call me a spammer :lol:

Look around a bit in the forum and see people with 100000 or more posts

:confused:

Hahahahaha :laugh3:

Made me laugh :lol:

Have you seen this forum ? I have in almost 3 years 5000 posts and you call me a spammer :lol:

Look around a bit in the forum and see people with 100000 posts

:confused:

Hahaha, good point! I've been here around 6 years and have 14, 000+. But there are some with over 25, 000 in only a year or so. I used to think I was a post-whore,lol. :lol:

Sorry, I don´t want to read 51 Pages.

Why can we not see the Show from yesterday?

There is every single show available but Coldplay isn´t online. :(

Why and when can we watch the full-Show?

I'm not sure we will get to. Not every artist is available, Bruno Mars' performance isn't available for streaming, which is a downer because I loved yesterdays performance of charlie brown more than the other festivals.