✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-July-2011] iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London, UK

Jenjie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic show. My ears are still ringing!

I was one behind the barrier at the gig. Such as fantastic sound and a great setlist. I'm so glad they played Moving To Mars, very magical moment.

My only qualm was being at the front and left I was at the mercy of Jonny's (wonderful) but very loud guitar amps, so I couldn't really hear Chris all that clearly.

Nevermind. I see alot of people saying the crowd were pretty dead. Well, considering I'd been there since about 4 o clock outside queuing, my feet were pretty gone, but I jumped and went for it! Compared to the Foo Fighters, the crowd were alot more tame.

With regards to the Pierces. I think they have a great sound, but it's abit MOR for me. I'd have preferred a slightly more energetic band to get me more pumped for Coldplay.

Also. It was SO HOT.

Can't add a lot to the reviews posted already but I wanted to chime in with a few comments. This performance was terrific and I was so glad I ran home a little early to watch the stream. What jumped out at me:

1. How Chris Martin literally throws himself fully into his performance. Even if he is sick of playing the old songs like "The Scientist" we'd never know it. He gives "Yellow" the same depth of physical and psychic attention as he does the new songs.

2. How freaking hard Jonny Buckland works. Watch him; he completely leans into his guitar playing and produces majorly awesome guitar sounds. He's another one who puts himself fully into what he does.

3. How beautiful Will Champion's voice is. I don't know if he was a choirboy when he was a little boy but his vocals in "Us Against The World" were pure and stellar.

4. How busy Guy Berryman is during the gig. It was fun to watch him keeping the beat going with that bass, drumming, moving around, and of course singing more! And finally that jacket came off -- I was wondering if it ever would.

In short, in my opinion, this is one of the hardest working bands in the music industry. They're wrapping up LP5 and still writing new material and giving us super shows like this one. Love 'em.

This

Every time I get home from a gig or shopping or anywhere else I hAVE to play MTM again,lol.It's just MYSTICAL! GOD I hope that 5 minutes wasn't the last time.I want to hear this in Toronto!!!!!!!!

I love it too. Although I don't think that song will work well live :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

just wanted to say that there are now many songs from the festival on youtube :) no the best quality but it's still amazing.

I thought the festival was amazing and i absolutely love how chris and the band really throws themselves at every song......whether it be a new song or an old one :)