✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy's Bass

cackyy

They are getting to an interesting point, once Guy was a little 'forgotten' and now his bass comes over. I think the way it is played reminds me of radio waves when we are changing the stations.

Yeah, im a bass head, so I just love it, and I was afraid he was starting to just get forgotten, but that little half a second nugget is sweeeet

well... i know this is the forum of major minus haha but i want to say that Guy at 3:01 in ETIAW really he do something amazing! :laugh3: listen...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf_6BWcOOg]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Official)‬‏[/ame]

Epic Guy!

Go back and watch the live versions on youtube, there is at least one (that I saw) that you can clearly see jonny muting his strings and standing by while the 'scratching' bass occurs. So it can't be jonny in the live (even though it sounds like it is), which leads me to believe that its not jonny in the studio either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking at another video, it could be both? the video quality is too poor to distinguish really. ahhhh, it sounds like bass in the studio to me. ha

I highly doubt that Guy is replicating that distorted / fuzzy / scratching part at 0:40 in the song. It very much sounds like a guitar to me.

And as for the boys playing this fantastic song live, I was thinking that they might've had that part played back and/ or someone back stage was playing that part (since Johnny wasn't playing and it didn't look like Guy was doing it either).

I think Johnny wasn't able to play that part live because he would have had to switch tones/ pedals within a matter of a few seconds in order to carry out his riff which comes immediately after that.

Either way if it's guitar or bass, this is an incredible song. :)

• 5 months later...