✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

US/Japan ETIAW Release

So it's early Saturday morning EDT in the US and we still don't have news on the release of ETIAW EP from Coldplay.

If we hadn't heard any of the songs I'd probably be bugging wondering what was holding them up. Thanks to Coldplay, I've not had to wait and have just been able to keep myself busy in the mean time.

But I'm starting to wonder if the delay is in fact a positive thing. Perhaps I'm simply hoping...

Does anyone else think we might get an extra song in the US? And obviously that would suck for the ROTW but with illegal downloading these days it really just denies true Coldplay fans the ability to BUY it. Not hear it.

SOoo, I also mention this because the band did say that we would have additional tracks and so far all that's been mentioned is MTM.

I'm hoping this means Coldplay will bless us with an additional track. And that they also won't let the US wait. Fingers crossed there isn't just a delay due to record company crap.

I think they're making us wait cause:

A) We get ETIAW earlier...well Britain had to wait

B) Pricing

C) Server issues? :confused:

D) And the highly unlikely, we might bet an extra track, BECAUSE, since we're bundled with Japan, and they usually get more hidden tracks :confused:

A) I hope not! I'm too impatient :P

B) Based on the pricing in the UK iTunes store, it seems that they'll be getting one 'free' song as they only have to pay 1.99 (or thereabouts) for three songs. Maybe the US/Japan stores don't want to lose a sale? :shrug:

C) If the guys had server issues, wouldn't that mean that no one could pre-order it? :thinking:

D) *crosses fingers*

I think it's because in the US, albums and singles sales are tracked from Monday to Sunday, it's a different system than the UK. And usually US releases happen on Tuesdays, so we might see something pop up on Itunes.

Let's be patient.

I think it's because in the US, albums and singles sales are tracked from Monday to Sunday, it's a different system than the UK. And usually US releases happen on Tuesdays, so we might see something pop up on Itunes.

Let's be patient.

I'd be more likely to buy that if they hadn't released the ETIAW single in the US the same day as the rest of the world (Friday, June 3).

Something else is going on. All the news release says is it'll be available in the US "very soon".

^i think it was a glitch in iTunes that worked in our favor and I wouldn't be surprised if it dissapears rather soon :D

I wonder since it's supposed to be a digital bundle. I don't think we should be able to download the tracks individually.

^hmmm...perhaps not, but I did. Although I love the song, I didn't want to have to pay for Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall twice. :P

Oh, I love ETIAW but, like you, I bought the single, so I just bought MM and MTM.

It's definitely nice that we have that option here in the US (even it might be only temporarily).:)