🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

Well Jigsaw video was funny but with style, whereas this Nude seems a little ridiculous to me. Hope it won't be the official music vid, cause I think it wouldn't seduce many people...

So I watched the whole webcast. Weird Fishes and 15 Step ROCKED. I felt a bit disappointed by this version of Jigsaw : I missed the energy that's usually provided by REAL drums.

Reckoner in a French ad

Since smoking is no longer allowed in French bars and clubs from 1/1/2008, an advertising campaign has been broadcast about this, and the background music is Reckoner.

Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7iKl7TvzmE

For those who give a damn about what the voice says and don't understand spoken French, it's something like that :

"Caroline is risking her life. Indeed, she's contracting a mortal disease, inhaling cigarette smoke everyday while she works in this club." Then usual stuff "Tobacco kills everyday, so we have to change : smoking is forbidden in every club or bar since 1/1/2008."

Thom Yorke: 'New song is my favourite thing Radiohead have created'

05825_152448_374479.JPG

Which 'In Rainbows' song earns frontman's praise?

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has revealed his personal favourite track from latest album 'In Rainbows' in an interview with BBC 4 Today Programme.

Speaking about his thoughts on the record, the singer confirmed that 'Videotape' in his most treasured track.

"I wanted to put it first until someone pointed out if you did that everybody would turn straight off," he joked.

Explaining his connection to the track he explained, "I like it because it very much happened despite me and the others taking the reigns - we turned it into this really stripped down thing."

"Personally speaking, that’s my favourite thing we’ve ever created because it has the inexpressible substance going on behind the specifics of the song, so I’m really proud of that."

The first single from the album, 'Jigsaw Falling into Place', will be released on Janurary 14.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/33401

Since smoking is no longer allowed in French bars and clubs from 1/1/2008, an advertising campaign has been broadcast about this, and the background music is Reckoner.

Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7iKl7TvzmE

For those who give a damn about what the voice says and don't understand spoken French, it's something like that :

"Caroline is risking her life. Indeed, she's contracting a mortal disease, inhaling cigarette smoke everyday while she works in this club." Then usual stuff "Tobacco kills everyday, so we have to change : smoking is forbidden in every club or bar since 1/1/2008."

we got that law last year. :) No smoking in Bars and clubs.

Well Jigsaw video was funny but with style, whereas this Nude seems a little ridiculous to me. Hope it won't be the official music vid, cause I think it wouldn't seduce many people...

So I watched the whole webcast. Weird Fishes and 15 Step ROCKED. I felt a bit disappointed by this version of Jigsaw : I missed the energy that's usually provided by REAL drums.

yeah I guess so :P. I just find it amusing that some people seem to thing they are serious with it. They possibly can't be. Because as you said, it looks so darn ridiculous. I agree with you on the Jigsaw. It indeed sounded a bit flat.

All I Need was really great, alongside those you already mentioned.

Radiohead: 'We've done really well out of 'In Rainbows''

84_Radiohead_L090206.jpg

Band hint at large profits from download release

Radiohead have hinted that they have made a large profit from the internet download release of their latest album, 'In Rainbows', despite letting fans choose how much to pay for it.

The band refused to divulge how much money they had made from the release, but did suggest that they were surprised by the figures.

“It's total nonsense,” said front-man Thom Yorke when asked on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme if 1.2 million people had downloaded the album in its first week of release.

“We're the only people who know [how many people have downloaded ‘In Rainbows’]” he added. “It feels wrong to say exactly what happened. But it's been a really nice surprise and we've done really well out of it.”

The album got a physical release on Monday (December 31).

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/33406

Jigsaw is actually my favourite video from the webcast. I love it because of the Ondes. Its a nice "alternate" version you could say. I just love the stripped back feel to it.

Yes it lacks that energy of the cd, but I think it is 10 times more haunting.

05825_152448_374479.JPG

Which 'In Rainbows' song earns frontman's praise?

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has revealed his personal favourite track from latest album 'In Rainbows' in an interview with BBC 4 Today Programme.

Speaking about his thoughts on the record, the singer confirmed that 'Videotape' in his most treasured track.

"I wanted to put it first until someone pointed out if you did that everybody would turn straight off," he joked.

Explaining his connection to the track he explained, "I like it because it very much happened despite me and the others taking the reigns - we turned it into this really stripped down thing."

"Personally speaking, that’s my favourite thing we’ve ever created because it has the inexpressible substance going on behind the specifics of the song, so I’m really proud of that."

The first single from the album, 'Jigsaw Falling into Place', will be released on Janurary 14.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/33401

Videotape's one of my favourites too... *sniff*

Is it Radiohead day on nme.com?

That interview with the Today Program has managed to produce 6 different stories, each with a different quote.

--------------------------------

Web-only album 'mad', says Yorke

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has said releasing latest album In Rainbows solely on the internet would have been "stark raving mad".

Yorke told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that 80% of people still buy physical releases and it was important for the band to have "an object".

The album - released via the band's website for whatever price fans wanted to pay - was released in October.

A physical version - on CD and vinyl - hit record stores on Monday.

Early sales figures showed it heading for number one in the album chart, although it was only narrowly outselling Take That's Beautiful World, industry weekly Music Week reported.

'Moral justification'

Yorke said the band would have been "mad" to ignore a physical release, which is being distributed by XL Recordings.

"We didn't want it to be a big announcement about 'everything's over except the internet, the internet's the future', 'cause that's utter rubbish.

"And it's really important to have an artefact as well, as they call it, an object," the musician added.

Yorke told the programme the band decided to release their seventh studio album independently after 16 years with EMI imprint Parlophone.

It's been a really nice surprise and we've done really well out of it

Thom Yorke on the digital release of In Rainbows[/quote

The decision to allow fans to pay what they wanted - including downloading it for free - made In Rainbows one of the year's most talked-about records. The experiment has now ended.

"We have a moral justification in what we did in the sense that the majors and the big infrastructure of the music business has not addressed the way artists communicate directly with their fans.

"In fact, they seem to basically get in the way. Not only do they get in the way, but they take all the cash," said Yorke.

Yorke rubbished reports that the album was downloaded 1.2 million times in its first week alone - but refused to confirm any figures.

"It's total nonsense. Thanks very much - we're the only people who know, and it feels wrong to say exactly what happened. But it's been a really nice surprise and we've done really well out of it."

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/7167759.stm

In Rainbows is a dam great album yes, but I find it simply less intresting than anything else the band has done, especially Hail to The Thief with its sense of impending doom and political relivence.

Its propably because im not approaching 40

Coldplay have done one very good master peice album (A Rush of Blood) but Radiohead have done two The Bends and Ok Computer.

But Radiohead are simply better than Coldplay good as they both are.

Have you forgotten Kid A?!?!?!?!? Thats a masterpiece if I've ever heard one.

Have you forgotten Kid A?!?!?!?!? Thats a masterpiece if I've ever heard one.

Its very good but I haven't touched it since I got Amersiac at christmas, Id say Amersiac has better songs than Kid A (Dollars and Cents is sooooo good)