✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Not to disappoint anyone but the newspaper edition is supposed to include two 10 inch vinyls. A 10 inch vinyl fits about 10 minutes on each side. 4 sides x 10 minutes = 40 minutes ; that's about the length of the album. So yeah, probably no more songs in the newspaper release.

Perhaps...

...but when you add all the other evidence, it's not quite as silly.

Maybe not tomorrow, but soon, I think.

And if not, I won't be disappointed because the new album is a great standalone. :3

I agree.

Like I said part of me finds it hard to believe they only have this albums worth of material in the amount of time they spent recording. I think this album will settle for a while, and then they might release some more songs of EP's

I think we should EXPECT a second disc[/size][/b][/color], not just hope for one. Here's a few reasons I've gathered from around the interwebz:

- eight tracks. solid eight tracks. but only eight tracks

- last track on the album is called 'separator'

- two vinyls for 8 songs? no

- last line on the album is 'if you think this is over then you're wrong'

- expensive album doesnt get shipped til may

- why did they switch the release date ... could mean we're getting more tomorrow on the real release date

EDIT (thanks Mike): Also people online have taken notice that their order tracking number has TKOL1-########, so perhaps if there's another album or songs it'll be TKOL2-#######

The 2 clear vinyls is the definitive thing there, and the rest just support the "theory". We'll get something else. It's just a matter of when. The industry/media is going apeshit already, can you imagine what would happen if they released a second one tomorrow?

I don't doubt that they'll release another album or EP soonish but I really don't think this is just the first half of the King of Limbs and that they'll release the second half tomorrow (or whatever) like I've seen people say.

edit:

Not to disappoint anyone but the newspaper edition is supposed to include two 10 inch vinyls. A 10 inch vinyl fits about 10 minutes on each side. 4 sides x 10 minutes = 40 minutes ; that's about the length of the album. So yeah, probably no more songs in the newspaper release.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too but I was googling to make sure it was true, and that's another reason why I thought people were jumping to conclusions what with the record being on two vinyls.

The 2 clear vinyls is the definitive thing there, and the rest just support the "theory". We'll get something else. It's just a matter of when. The industry/media is going apeshit already, can you imagine what would happen if they released a second one tomorrow?

well the thing is that the vinyl's might be just this album. from what I've read they can fit close to like 40 mins of music on 2 vinyl.

Afterall in the discbox for IR the album came on 2 vinyl records, and that was only 5 minutes longer too.

So I guess I can't count that as evidence to more music.

But like I've said, they have so much material they've worked on, that I doubt they won't release something. I wasn't around for it, but the same was for Kid A. People on atease said they were disappointed that Pyramid Song, Knives Out, and I Might Be Wrong didn't make it and look what happened.

well the thing is that the vinyl's might be just this album. from what I've read they can fit close to like 40 mins of music on 2 vinyl.

Afterall in the discbox for IR the album came on 2 vinyl records, and that was only 5 minutes longer too.

So I guess I can't count that as evidence to more music.

Oh. Bummer. :|

Although I wonder which 2 tracks the 12" vinyl will have (the one and only signed copy).

*just finished listening a few times, will provide a little review soon*

My little review:

Keep in mind I'm in a bit of a unique situation compared to the rest of you here, I just started listening to Radiohead last month. I've only properly listened to IR, had my first run-through of HTTT a few days ago (although I've watched the Jools Holland performance of There There, Go to Sleep, 2+2=5 and Where I End and You Begin numerous times over the past few weeks), a few other key songs from The Bends and OK Computer, and I just received most of the other stuff for my birthday. SO, I haven't soaked in the full back catalog for comparison to TKOL, and I haven't watched the previous live versions of the unreleased songs (so no influence on my listening experience here).

I didn't even go to DAS this morning, just went straight to TKOL order tracking and downloaded it. This will need to grow on me, but that's the case with pretty much anything I listen to, so I suppose that doesn't really mean much. I knew the moment I heard Lotus Flower that it would be a single (sure enough, when I went to DAS, lo and behold they had already posted the video). Anywho...

Bloom: Mmmmkay. I'm not really into the "looping" stuff, but that's just me.

Morning Mr. Magpie: Better. You'll probably piss on me for saying this, but I think his singing sounds a little like Bono in this one. But only on this one.

Little By Little: I really like this, I find it rather soothing. It reminds me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Feral: I think the title describes it perfectly. On first listen I hated it, but oddly enough that one is growing on me pretty quick.

Lotus Flower: As I mentioned before, when I first heard it I knew it had to be the first single. It seemed to be the most "accessible" (thus far). Excellent.

Codex: Beautiful, even though it is a bit dark. On my first listen, one of my first thoughts was, "Fuck. Some stupid parents are gonna blame their kid's suicide on this because they need someone/something to blame. Fuck." But I love the song.

Give up the Ghost: Not sure what else to say other than it's lovely.

Separator: Mneh. Didn't care for it at first, but it's growing on me. Although I found it to have a rather uplifting tone to it, so it was a nice way to end.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the end. I'm not going to hold out hope or anything, I've still got a lot of catching up to do anyway so I can keep myself occupied for awhile. But I won't surprised if there's more.

Fifth time through and still loving the album. There isn't a bad song on it, and I love the way it all flows along together as a whole. It just needs to be about 1 or 2 songs longer.

:facepalm: This has probably already been posted, but it was kind of inevitable, wasn't it? :lol: :facepalm: :facepalm:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgeT2hzxrQ]YouTube - Thom gets down to "Single Ladies" (LOTUS FLOWER DUB)[/ame]

I haven't listened to it yet, so I have no comment on the album. However, I've been advocating CDs with 8 to 10 tracks for sometime. The catch is that bands need to put them out more often. I would prefer 8-10 track albums every couple years compared to these CDs that have 12-15 tracks but only come out every 4 years.

I've listened to it twice, don't know exactly what to feel about it. I am still going to listen a few more times, but as of now I like it but don't love it. It's because I don't feel like there's any one song that stands out to me. I am actually surprised by how Lotus Flower sounds, because so many people seemed to love it that I was sure I would too, but to me it felt more "meh" than anything. As of now if I were to choose a favorite it would either be Codex or Give Up The Ghost, but even those don't seem special to me. However, it sometimes takes me a while to hear the true beauty in an album, so I'll probably be able to have a more accurate perspective on it in a week or so.