✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

After a little over two weeks of listening, I feel I can give an accurate personal ranking of the tracks on TKOL.

1. Lotus Flower / Codex (couldn't decide, so it's a tie)

3. Give Up The Ghost

4. Little By Little

5. Separator

6. Feral

7. Morning Mr Magpie

8. Bloom

Yes, I put Bloom last. Go ahead - hate me.

Swap 3. for 8. and then the 'new' 3. for 5. and you've got it pretty much spot on.

So for those of you who were interested for TKOL "newspaper album", here's a few snippets regarding newspaper storage / preservation; credit to the book "Saving Stuff" written by Don Williams, Senior Conservator of the Smithsonian (so, he knows what he's talking about).

I uploaded larger pictures so it would be easier to read.

Here are some of his general tips for storage:

epjbbb.jpg

w844lv.jpg

These are more detailed instructions for storage, based on how long you want to maintain original quality: "Quick 'n' Dirty", "The Middle Road", and "Pharoh's tomb".

vik937.jpg

qx2ryg.jpg

Note that the description for "Quick 'n' Dirty" refers to a section earlier in the same chapter. This is the appropriate section:

2yzkbw3.jpg

The sentence that follows after the bottom of the page is:

"If you leave them alone and don't touch them, the Quick 'n' Dirty Method is good for maybe forty years. But if you often take [them] out to peruse them, you're looking at perhaps five years without noticeable deterioration."

And since he was referring to comic books there, it would likely be less time for newspapers since they are more fragile.

He also has storage tips for vinyl albums, but I can post that later once people receive the package in the mail. His basic tip though is to store vinyl albums upright with something holding it up on both sides (but not too tight).

Yeah it's annoying how big a deal he made out of travelling by planes and the pollution and what not and yet he doesn't seem to care about his frequent travels across the Atlantic.

True, but one could argue that the flights were already scheduled, so him being on the plane doesn't make a difference. He didn't make the flight happen.

/lame argument

edit: Maybe he was multi-tasking, and is also out there for another reason, possibly relating to the band? *hopes for more news*

So for those of you who were interested for TKOL "newspaper album", here's a few snippets regarding newspaper storage / preservation; credit to the book "Saving Stuff" written by Don Williams, Senior Conservator of the Smithsonian (so, he knows what he's talking about).

I uploaded larger pictures so it would be easier to read.

Here are some of his general tips for storage:

epjbbb.jpg

w844lv.jpg

These are more detailed instructions for storage, based on how long you want to maintain original quality: "Quick 'n' Dirty", "The Middle Road", and "Pharoh's tomb".

vik937.jpg

qx2ryg.jpg

Note that the description for "Quick 'n' Dirty" refers to a section earlier in the same chapter. This is the appropriate section:

2yzkbw3.jpg

The sentence that follows after the bottom of the page is:

"If you leave them alone and don't touch them, the Quick 'n' Dirty Method is good for maybe forty years. But if you often take [them] out to peruse them, you're looking at perhaps five years without noticeable deterioration."

And since he was referring to comic books there, it would likely be less time for newspapers since they are more fragile.

He also has storage tips for vinyl albums, but I can post that later once people receive the package in the mail. His basic tip though is to store vinyl albums upright with something holding it up on both sides (but not too tight).

Well I guess I won't be stapling my newspaper together :(