✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I know this tape wasn't made specifically for me, but regardless, I really enjoyed it. Also, Replacing the cover art for the songs were some lovely photos of a sunset near an ocean, I assume the mixmaker took those photos? If so, I'm curious where they're from.

Anyway:

1. Soft keyboards with a buzzing bass noise behind a youngish singing voice. This is pleasant, great start for a tape anyway. More instruments slowly enter, I like the use of distortion, with the vocals, great melody. Great start.

2. Pretty sure this is James Blake, yup. Not THAT familiar with him, but I love the use of keyboards and autotune here.

3. Cheery piano arpeggios, ahah, this must be early Beach House. I don’t have all their albums, but the voice and arrangement is unmistakeable. Really great song, love the closing stretch. Flawless tape so far.

4. Bubbly Synth arpeggios with a voice loop in the distance. Mellow guitar riff enters. I like the rich ambience. Voice is an odd blend of Brandon Flowers and some one else I can’t put my finger on. Another catchy tune, curious to see who this is.

5. Picked guitar in right panel accompanied by strums in the left and a distant keyboard. Drums and Bass enter. Neutral on this so far. Not crazy about the vocals, bridge adds dimension, but altogether nothing I’d get excited about.

6. Haha, Adele. Great song, but after hearing it 200 times in San Francisco, half of me wants to shoot myself :P. Oh, turning into a remix now, and a quirky one at that. I like the percussion, alright, I’m cool with this.

7. Infective beat with keyboard. A poppy rap song. A lot of interesting elements to this, though far from my favorite on the mix. Warming up to it a bit, not bad.

8. Guitar riff sliding up and down neck. Not a fan, yet. Yeah, sorry, not really into it.

9. Strongly strummed acoustic guitar with cloppy percussion. Chorus of voices enter. Alright so far, still waiting for something to happen. Like the previous song, it’s a little too middle of the road for my taste, however I do like the chords and the general feel of the song. Yeah, by the end it’s safe to say that I like this song.

10. Solo piano playing a poppy four chord tune. Reminds me a lot of George Winston. I sometimes dismiss pop piano dressed up as classical (i.e. Yiruma), but this is pretty well done, a keeper. Thanks!

11. Nicely played acoustic guitar arpeggios. Very pleasant voice followed by a whistling bridge. This is really lovely. I want to know who this is, one of my favorites on the tape though it’s only about 2 minutes.

12. More acoustic guitars, but with a solemn feel. Voice is nice enough. Can’t get as invested in it as I’d like to be, but it’s well done, and the ending is nice.

13. Last song. Haha, okay, it’s a live duet cover of Amy Winehouse’s “Rehab” with acoustic guitar, though with slightly different chords during the chorus, I think. Never liked the original, but this is interesting and quite well done. Nice way to end the tape. *applause at the end*

Overall a very good tape. My favorites were probably 1, 3, 4, 7, and 11. :D

Hello mixtape maker, sorry it took me so long to write a review. Here it is:

1. This band sounds veerrry familiar. I think I may have heard them in a past mixtape exchange. Anyway I really liked the song, especially the tension that kept building and building around 3 minutes from the end.

2. I really loved this one. It reminded me a bit of Keane. I love his voice, especially when he sings "Go-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" :wacky:

3. This song is pretty good too. I didn't love it, but I liked it. The singer has a good voice, but the kind of voice that I think I would get tired of quickly. But that's just me! Definitely a catchy song though.

4. I love how the instrumentals in this track are calm and mellow, yet there is still a real driving force pushing them forward. Really nice track, and I love the guy's voice. This artist, too, sounds a little familiar.

5. This song is so great...the word that comes to mind is groovy, but I sound super lame saying that haha! Love the beat, love the voice, love the instrumentals.

6. I really like this song too. The band sounds familiar! I keep saying that, so I'm thinking that each band either is similiar to others I've heard, or I have heard them on other mixtapes I've received, but don't know the group well enough to recognize them yet. I like the drums in this song.

7. Cool beginning! I really love the instrumental bit...like the very electricky-bass sounding thingy (I'm the worst at figuring out what is an intrument and what is synthesized....unless of course it's an orchestra, I'm really good at identifying instruments if it's an orchestra). ANYWAYS whatever that thing is, it sounds cool.

8. Started out really good, and got even better once the low brass came in!!! :heart::heart: (Can you tell I'm a low brass player??) Oh, and now there are trumpets!!! Yaaayyyy!!!! I'm such a band geek. Looove this song!

9. Very cool intro. Oh, first female singer on the tape. She has a really unique and pretty voice. Good song.

10. I like the instrumentals, they're lovely. Ahh his voice sounds familiar too! :P My computer is being stupid because I'm trying to edit photos while I listen/write my review, so the sound keeps vibrating/skipping grrr. I loved the song though, I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

11. The guitar at the beginning sounded like The Cave by Mumford and Sons (at least I think that's the one I'm thinking of). I think the first three notes are the same. I'm sure I know this band but I can't think of the name. I like this one a lot.

12. Oooh this song is really catchy. Is he singing that she has long nails? :wtf: If those are the lyrics, that's kinda funny. If not, well, I feel stupid. :P Really like the song though.

13. I really liked this one too. I like the lyrics. :)

14. This one is pretty good too. Not my favourite, but still good. I'm running out of things to say, can you tell?

15. Ehh, not a huge fan of this song. It's alright, but I didn't really like it.

16. I really really liked this song. The instrumentals are very catchy, especially the guitar bits. And the singer has a really lovely voice.

17. This one's good, the band sounds familiar again!!!!

18. I don't really like this one. The guy's voice annoys me a little bit :/ I can appreciate that you like it, and I think it is definitely a good song. It's just not my thing.

19. I love the beginning of this song...it sounds like Christmas or a wedding with all the bells! I can't wait to find out who sings this, because I will definitely be checking out some more of their stuff.

20. Great ending track. I loved this one as well. I like the lyrics, the singer's voice, the instrumentals, everything.

Overall I enjoyed this tape very much. I'm looking forward to receiving the track listing so I can listen to more from some of these artists. Thank you for an excellent tape. :)

Hello Tnspieler1012 (sorry I don’t know your name :blank: ) I’m Sofia, your mixtape maker :nice:

First of all, I’m really glad you overall enjoyed the tape! As you mentioned, it wasn’t made specifically for you, and if you were my first partner I’d probably have made a few changes, but anyway, no regrets about the songs I put which don’t seem to be what you listen to usually.

About the artwork, I’m really happy you noticed and liked it because it’s a detail I enjoy taking care of when I make a tape! So yeah, I took the picture myself during the first evening of a road trip I had in the south of France 2 years ago and it was in a city called St. Raphael (so not the ocean but the Mediterranean Sea), really good memories :wacky:

So now… Music!

1. Glad you enjoyed this opener! It’s from a one man band (does it make sense?) I fell in love with a few weeks ago called Youth Lagoon. His dreamy pop debut album leaked this summer and it’s rather fabulous imo, you should have a listen to it if you enjoyed this track, called ‘July’, you won’t be disappointed :)

2. Yes, James Blake! Really like his work, though I wasn’t into this kind of music before I listened his album. ‘Unluck’ is the opener of it and one of my fav.

3. Hey hey, your guess is right ! So yeah, Beach House! It’s now obvious I can’t make a tape without one of their tracks haha… So this one, ‘The Arrangement’, is from their 2010 ‘Zebra E.P’. Their 2 first albums are interesting but I’m not really into them whereas I’m in love with ‘Teen Dream’. I commend you to listen to this E.P and the iTunes Session they made if you didn’t yet, there are some really nice tracks :heart:

4. I was afraid you’d know this track from Noah And The Whale, I’m glad you enjoyed it! So this is ‘Wild Thing’ from their last album. I really love the lyrics and the atmosphere carried by the track. Don’t know if you know this band but if not I think you’d enjoy a lot their second album, ‘First Days Of Spring’, amazing opus. Their other stuff is great too :)

5. This is ‘Trouble’ by Metronomy, taken from their last album. Don’t know them that much but I like this album. This song is really quiet, I thought it would flow well here.

6. Hahaha I knew this would be a risky choice to put a song that is so famous! I really love Adele’s work, I wanted to put a song of hers but as she’s really popular now I tried to be a bit original. So this is indeed a remix by the brilliant Jamie XX (from the band… The XX!). Like the way he completely changed the song without messing it (once again, don’t know if it makes sense...). I’m happy you didn’t hate it, I was a bit afraid to be honest :D

7. Once again, glad you didn’t hate it cause it didn’t seem to be the kind of music you like! Anyway, this is ‘The Spins’ by the young hip hop artist Mac Miller taken from his 2010 mixtape ‘K.I.D.S’. I like how clever is his work. In his mixtapes all the songs are made from song samples and the sample of this one is from Half Mast by Empire Of The Sun.

8. Oh no… I had strong hopes in this one! I really had a crush on this band from Norway called Kakkmaddafakka and I find this song, ‘Your Girl’, really catchy (and so is their last album). Anyway, no probs, it’s good to have some other opinions on the artists I love, I think !

9. So this one is ‘Continue Calling’ by Jonathan Boulet. I easily understand your first feeling, I had the same, but then the song grew on me. I like this summery atmosphere, I’d love to play this song on a beach hahaha! (no seriously if anyone has a tab for this :rolleyes: …) His debut self-titled album is great!

10.You’re welcome :D I don’t know George Winston and Yiruma but I’ll probably have a listen :nice:

This is the great japanese pianist Joe Hisaishi with ‘Summer’. I discovered his work recently and been mindblowed by it. He kinda has 2 careers : his own compositions and the ones for the animation studio ‘Studio Ghibli’ (Spirited Away (wonderful movie!), Howl’s Moving Castle…). You should have a look on youtube if you liked this one, there are some awesome live videos of him :nice:

11. Yay! I thought you’d might like this one :) And I’m even more happy cause this is a French artist, completely unknown btw, called Captain Kid with ‘We And I’. Discovered this song thanks to an add on French TV. Really like the lyrics and this ‘floating’ atmosphere. His debut album is on process, can’t wait for it… I’ll keep you tuned if you want :)

12. Yep, another acoustic track, wanted to slow down a bit at the end of the tape. This is Ola Podrida with my fav song of them, ‘Jordanna’. An American band I got into a few months ago, really love their 2 albums, they mostly make acoustic stuff but also some strong tracks. I commend you them and particularly the song ‘Run Off The Road’ which is really lovely.

13. And the last one! So yeah, an Amy Winehouse cover. I wanted to make a little tribute to her as I really like her music, she was very talented, but as her songs are popular... Anyway, this is some French artists, the duet Cocoon (really like them, they make great music in English, you’d like it given to what I know from your tastes) and Julien Doré (not really into him but well…) during a famous musical show on French TV called Taratata. I’m really glad you found this interesting (I was a bit afraid to be honest!).

Aaaand… «This is it»! Thanks for reviewing, I’m really happy you liked it overall :nice:

If you want some material or any information about the artists please don’t hesitate to ask me, I’d be more than happy to share with you!

Just a little question… In your fav you mentioned track 7, was it a mistake?

Oh and sorry for the English mistakes :rolleyes:

Here’s a condensed tracklist (song – artist – album) :

#1 - July – Youth Lagoon – The Year Of Hibernation- 2011 - USA

#2 - Unluck – James Blake – James Blake - 2011 – UK

#3 – The Arrangement – Beach House – Zebra E.P - 2010 - USA

#4 - Wild Thing – Noah And The Whale - Last Night On Earth - 2011 - UK

#5 - Trouble – Metronomy – The English Riviera - 2011 – UK

#6 – Rolling In The Deep (Jamie XX Shuffle) – Jamie XX – (single track) - 2011 - UK

#7 – The Spins – Mac Miller – K.I.D.S: Kickin’ Incredibly Dope Shit (mixtape) - 2010 - USA

#8 – Your Girl - Kakkmaddafakka – Hest - 2011 – Norway

#9 – Continue Calling – Jonathan Boulet – Jonathan Boulet – 2009 - Australia

#10 – Summer – Joe Hisaishi - Japan

#11 – We And I – Captain Kid – (single track) - 2011 - France

#12 - Jordanna – Ola Podrida – Ola Podrida – 2007 - USA

#13 – Rehab (Amy Winehouse cover) – Cocoon & Julien Doré – Live @ Taratata - 2008 – France

And the link if anyone wants to have a listen: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hqfnga

:escaping:

Even though I have good excuses, I'm not gonna make any...here's my very late review :)

The mixtape is split up in two parts. The first is ideally to be listened to before going to a party on a Saturday, and the second the following morning with a slight hangover. All the song info was still attached to the files, though. The advantage with using forever to write the review, is that I’ll now be surprised to see the tracklist.

Intro: An extract of Barney from How I Met Your Mother introducing his “get psyched mix”. Haha, nice. He explains how his mix should be “all rise, baby”.

Track 1: If anything ever were to be described as funky, it would be this bassline. The song’s from the 70’s/80’s sometimes (I’m guessing somewhere in the middle) based on the post-disco feel. The synths are totally 80’s, sounds like they’re right out of the Ghost Busters song :P

Track 2: Continuing with “rise” this one sounds a bit like 90’s house, just with horns . Then there’s a harmonica solo.This is something I could imagine MGMT fans liking.

Track 3: Digging at the Motown roots, with sweet harmonizing etc. Drumbeat is modern, though. Nice organ piece at the end. Like this one, my favorite so far : )

Track 4: Hip hop. It might be sampled, cause I think I recognize the chorus (“3, is a magic number”). Not a big fan of hip hop, though.

Track 5: A remix of Funky Town with a conversation going on instead. Reminds a lot of LCD Soundsystem, actually, this is something I could imagine James Murphy doing. It

holds back, and I like that.

Track 6: Synths. Lots of synths. Super-funky bass, mottown-ish backing vocals again. Then there’s a popy piano part, which I really like. The few lyrics are about weekends.

Track 7: This one’s more electronic. Loops of various sounds and drumbeats with atmospheric chords. He “sings” in French. It’s a live recording, and the first half of the mixtape ends with crowd noise.

Track 8: The Hangover part starts. Don’t really like this one, probably due to the lyrics. Vocal delivery reminds a little of Guy Garvey. Good bassline.

Track 9: The violins followed by an electronic beat remind me of this song by Susanne Sundfør (it ends similary too). This is older, though, and I definitely know the voice. I remember seeing Marvin Gaye in the tracklisting, so I wonder if this isn’t him.

Track 10: Opens with a harpsi, and sort of builds on that throughout, with lots of broken chords. A song about being alone, in short, and a good one at that. I like his voice.

Track 11: Falsetto and more Motown/Soul roots. Beautiful background string section. ‘tis a good song, one of my favorites :nice:

Track 12: Gosh, that intro reminded me of One Day Like This. I know the voice, it’s Richard Hawley, whom I love :awesome:

Track 13: Not a big fan of this one, it’s a bit clichéd. Props for being short, didn’t need to be any longer.

Track 14: I think this one’s my favorite song on the tape. Sounds like it could be out of a musical, it has a full orchestra backing, but is based around a piano. The singer is kind of a crooner. Usually this is something I’d probably not like.

Track 15: Sounds like a-ha with the guy from Kings of Leon singing. Keeps everything simple, arpeggio piano part, great chord progressions on acoustic guitar…the only thing I can’t stand is his voice.

Overall it’s a well put together mix. I enjoyed how you through quite a few genres around, I would normally not listen to this, and that you put effort into making it. Thanks :nice: Bring on the tracklist!

I'm not gonna make a guess on who it is :uhoh:

Yeah, I had no idea the track info was still there. It was gone when I tried it on my mac. But maybe I copied the wrong directory. Dunno. Anyway...

Even though I have good excuses, I'm not gonna make any...here's my very late review :)

The mixtape is split up in two parts. The first is ideally to be listened to before going to a party on a Saturday, and the second the following morning with a slight hangover. All the song info was still attached to the files, though. The advantage with using forever to write the review, is that I’ll now be surprised to see the tracklist.

Intro: An extract of Barney from How I Met Your Mother introducing his “get psyched mix”. Haha, nice. He explains how his mix should be “all rise, baby”.

Cool that you recognised it. Don't know if it would have been as funny if you didn't.

Track 1: If anything ever were to be described as funky, it would be this bassline. The song’s from the 70’s/80’s sometimes (I’m guessing somewhere in the middle) based on the post-disco feel. The synths are totally 80’s, sounds like they’re right out of the Ghost Busters song :P

This is Controversy by Prince and indeed, that bassline is just the definition of funky. Well, I guess Prince is the definition of funky. I thought it was a top tune to kick things off.

Track 2: Continuing with “rise” this one sounds a bit like 90’s house, just with horns . Then there’s a harmonica solo.This is something I could imagine MGMT fans liking.

This is Bottle Rocket by The Go! Team. Their first album is a classic, the rest they did doesn't even come close. They actually released their debut album twice. The first version mostly had samples and stuff for the vocals. Then they got a lead singer and rereleased the album with her on vocals.

Track 3: Digging at the Motown roots, with sweet harmonizing etc. Drumbeat is modern, though. Nice organ piece at the end. Like this one, my favorite so far : )

Summer's Here by Magnus, the House-Jazz-Electro project by Tom Barman (dEUS) and techno dj CJ Bolland. They only released one album I think, but still perform as a DJ duo.

Track 4: Hip hop. It might be sampled, cause I think I recognize the chorus (“3, is a magic number”). Not a big fan of hip hop, though.

This is the De La Soul track The Magic Number from their debut album Three Feet High and Rising.

Track 5: A remix of Funky Town with a conversation going on instead. Reminds a lot of LCD Soundsystem, actually, this is something I could imagine James Murphy doing. It

holds back, and I like that.

NY Lipps by Soulwax. It's actually a remix of their song NY Excuse with a bit of Funky Town thrown in. James Murphy did have a hand in it! He did the cowbells. And the vocals are Nancy Whang, who plays keyboards in LCD Soundsystem.

Track 6: Synths. Lots of synths. Super-funky bass, mottown-ish backing vocals again. Then there’s a popy piano part, which I really like. The few lyrics are about weekends.

We Can't Fly by Belgian band Aeroplane. And indeed, another funky bass.

Track 7: This one’s more electronic. Loops of various sounds and drumbeats with atmospheric chords. He “sings” in French. It’s a live recording, and the first half of the mixtape ends with crowd noise.

Tour De France, étape 2 by Kraftwerk. It's the live version which you can find on the (rather amazing) live album Minimum Maximum.

Track 8: The Hangover part starts. Don’t really like this one, probably due to the lyrics. Vocal delivery reminds a little of Guy Garvey. Good bassline.

Drug time by Babybird. He/They had a huuuge hit with You're Gorgeous in the nineties, but quickly faded into obscurity. He does still write some great pop songs from time to time. The lyrics aren't really about drug abuse I think. It's more about monotony in life with drugs used as a metaphor. I think.

Track 9: The violins followed by an electronic beat remind me of this song by Susanne Sundfør (it ends similary too). This is older, though, and I definitely know the voice. I remember seeing Marvin Gaye in the tracklisting, so I wonder if this isn’t him.

This is Live With Me by Massive Attack with vocals from Terry Callier. The song can be found on their compilation album.

Track 10: Opens with a harpsi, and sort of builds on that throughout, with lots of broken chords. A song about being alone, in short, and a good one at that. I like his voice.

Ship In The Sand by Sophia, the band of Robin Proper-Sheppard who used to be in the legendary industrial noise band The God Machine. Indeed, a very sad song about being alone.

Track 11: Falsetto and more Motown/Soul roots. Beautiful background string section. ‘tis a good song, one of my favorites :nice:

This is Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler). Don't think it's possible not to like this song.

Track 12: Gosh, that intro reminded me of One Day Like This. I know the voice, it’s Richard Hawley, whom I love :awesome:

Yeah, this is Richard Hawley's Coles Corner.

Track 13: Not a big fan of this one, it’s a bit clichéd. Props for being short, didn’t need to be any longer.

This is 2nd Law by Tom McRae. Still think his debut album was the best singer songwriter album of the noughties.

Track 14: I think this one’s my favorite song on the tape. Sounds like it could be out of a musical, it has a full orchestra backing, but is based around a piano. The singer is kind of a crooner. Usually this is something I’d probably not like.

Down In The Street Below by the hugely underrated The Divine Comedy. One of the best lyricists around.

Track 15: Sounds like a-ha with the guy from Kings of Leon singing. Keeps everything simple, arpeggio piano part, great chord progressions on acoustic guitar…the only thing I can’t stand is his voice.

Don't really see the a-ha or Kings Of Leon references, but the voice is a bit of an acquired taste. This is Lavinia by The Veils. Their debut album is quite brilliant. Unfortunately, they never reached that level again on subsequent releases.

Overall it’s a well put together mix. I enjoyed how you through quite a few genres around, I would normally not listen to this, and that you put effort into making it. Thanks :nice: Bring on the tracklist!

I'm not gonna make a guess on who it is :uhoh:

Here's the link to my mixtape: http://www.mediafire.com/?rqqsbqq2h37b88o

The real tracklist is:

* Intro: Barney's 'Get Psyched' Mix

* Prince - Controversy

* The Go Team - Bottlerocket

* Magnus - Summer's Here

* De La Soul - The Magic Number

* Soulwax - NY Lipps

* Aeroplane - We Can't Fly

* Kraftwerk - Tour De France, Etape 2

* Babybird - Drug Time

* Massive Attack - Live With Me

* Sophia - Ship In The Sand

* Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)

* Richard Hawley - Cole's Corner

* Tom McRae - 2nd Law

* The Divine Comedy - Down In The Street Below

* The Veils - Lavinia

Okay so here's my brief, not so great, be-lated review (sorry to my partner for leaving it this long :anxious:

Track 1

I like this song it’s really catchy and dancey and the voice sounds a bit like Mika but I don’t think it is and yeah I like it.

Track 2

Makes me think Owl City? I don’t usually listen to this music much anymore it’s a synth-y and cool and well a year ago I’d probably have loved this song but I quite like it now :\

Track 3

I’m really liking this song, the way it’s put together with the melody and the guy singing even though the lyrics are a bit repetitive looking forward to checking out more from them.

Track 4

I recognise the tune at the beginning, it’s an 80’s style song and very catchy, the voice makes me think White Lies? But I’d quite like to know who this is.

Track 5

I like the intro with the cymbals and the drums, seems like a very upbeat song and I think the girls voice is quite sweet, can’t say it’s my favourite song off the tape but it’s alright.

Track 6

I actually really like this song it’s catchy and the lyrics are ‘I’ll follow you deep sea baby?’ I don’t know but I’ll probably check out some more stuff by this artist

Track 7

Sounds like an acoustic song, me likey. Something about moons and his voice annoys me a liitle not sure why …

Track 8

I can tell by the voice that this is Ellie Goulding, I like a few of her songs but I don’t really like this one much : /

Track 9

Has some sort of bongo drums at the beginning

This song sounds quite odd with ‘heynananananahey hey’ …. yeah I don’t really like it.

Track 10

I really like this song, the tune is nice and quite upbeat, I am looking forward to finding out who made this.

Track 11

I recognise the tune with the trumpets but can’t think where from, and the lyrics I’ve got something I really want to tell you’ the song is alright

Track 12

I like this song it reminds of a band I really like called Warpaint and

Track 13

Some clapping at the beginning and synth-y sounds. ‘magical mystery guide?’ This song is alright but doesn’t really impress me :\

Track 14

Not really feeling this song :/ It’s like R&B/pop music and the lyrics are something about running and counting to 3.

Track 15

I know that this is Snow Patrol, I think it’s their new song but I can’t remember as I only listened to it once then forgot about it.

My favourites were; 1,3,4,6,10 & 12.

Overall I enjoyed your mixtape so thankyou mixtape maker :nice: !

Okay so here's my brief, not so great, be-lated review (sorry to my partner for leaving it this long :anxious:

Track 1

I like this song it’s really catchy and dancey and the voice sounds a bit like Mika but I don’t think it is and yeah I like it.

Track 2

Makes me think Owl City? I don’t usually listen to this music much anymore it’s a synth-y and cool and well a year ago I’d probably have loved this song but I quite like it now :\

Track 3

I’m really liking this song, the way it’s put together with the melody and the guy singing even though the lyrics are a bit repetitive looking forward to checking out more from them.

Track 4

I recognise the tune at the beginning, it’s an 80’s style song and very catchy, the voice makes me think White Lies? But I’d quite like to know who this is.

Track 5

I like the intro with the cymbals and the drums, seems like a very upbeat song and I think the girls voice is quite sweet, can’t say it’s my favourite song off the tape but it’s alright.

Track 6

I actually really like this song it’s catchy and the lyrics are ‘I’ll follow you deep sea baby?’ I don’t know but I’ll probably check out some more stuff by this artist

Track 7

Sounds like an acoustic song, me likey. Something about moons and his voice annoys me a liitle not sure why …

Track 8

I can tell by the voice that this is Ellie Goulding, I like a few of her songs but I don’t really like this one much : /

Track 9

Has some sort of bongo drums at the beginning

This song sounds quite odd with ‘heynananananahey hey’ …. yeah I don’t really like it.

Track 10

I really like this song, the tune is nice and quite upbeat, I am looking forward to finding out who made this.

Track 11

I recognise the tune with the trumpets but can’t think where from, and the lyrics I’ve got something I really want to tell you’ the song is alright

Track 12

I like this song it reminds of a band I really like called Warpaint and

Track 13

Some clapping at the beginning and synth-y sounds. ‘magical mystery guide?’ This song is alright but doesn’t really impress me :\

Track 14

Not really feeling this song :/ It’s like R&B/pop music and the lyrics are something about running and counting to 3.

Track 15

I know that this is Snow Patrol, I think it’s their new song but I can’t remember as I only listened to it once then forgot about it.

My favourites were; 1,3,4,6,10 & 12.

Overall I enjoyed your mixtape so thankyou mixtape maker :nice: !

Hey, I'm Emily your mixtape maker! Sorry it took me a while to post a tracklist. I just moved into my dorm room and such and have been crazy busy. So I don't have time to go through track by track and respond to your comments, but I'll give you the tracklist:

1) Lions in Cages - Wolf Gang

2) We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service

3) Always - Switchfoot

4) You Still Love Him - White Lies

5) Hummingbird - Imaginary Cities

6) I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li

7) Full Moon Song - Peter Bradley Adams

8) Every Time You Go - Ellie Goulding

9) Hey Na Na - Katie Herzig

10) You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf

11) Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh - Say Hi

12) Setting Sun - Howling Bells

13) 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

14) Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) - Foster the People

15) Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol

and the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6j68u8645z4cwy9

Yeah, I had no idea the track info was still there. It was gone when I tried it on my mac. But maybe I copied the wrong directory. Dunno. Anyway...

Cool that you recognised it. Don't know if it would have been as funny if you didn't.

This is Controversy by Prince and indeed, that bassline is just the definition of funky. Well, I guess Prince is the definition of funky. I thought it was a top tune to kick things off.

I've never really gotten around to listening to Prince, so thanks for the introduction

NY Lipps by Soulwax. It's actually a remix of their song NY Excuse with a bit of Funky Town thrown in. James Murphy did have a hand in it! He did the cowbells. And the vocals are Nancy Whang, who plays keyboards in LCD Soundsystem.

Awesome!

Tour De France, étape 2 by Kraftwerk. It's the live version which you can find on the (rather amazing) live album Minimum Maximum.

This is Live With Me by Massive Attack with vocals from Terry Callier. The song can be found on their compilation album.

Should have known these ones.

This is Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler). Don't think it's possible not to like this song.

Agree!

Yeah, this is Richard Hawley's Coles Corner.

:nice:

Down In The Street Below by the hugely underrated The Divine Comedy. One of the best lyricists around.

Should look more into him.

Thanks again!

Sorry for lateness in my review of the mixtape. First off i would really like to say thank you to the "Mixtaper" for the xcellent tunes. i realle took my time to listen to it and i have tosay that we have very much similar taste in music..it,s almost scary..lol

The only track i could find or recognize was track #5. Any chnace you can enlighten me??

thank a bunch.

01. Wolf gang- Lions in Cages

02. Noah & the Whales- Tonight's the kind of night

03. The vaccines - Wreckin' Bar (ra ra ra)

04. Two door Cinema- Undercover Martyn

05. ???

06. The National- England

07. Ed Sheeran- The A Team

08. Passion Pit - Moths wings

09. Muse- Map Of The Problematique

10. Placebo- Infra-Red

11. The Killers- This river is wild

12. White Lies- A place to hide

13. Biffy Clyro- God & Satan

14. Band of Horse- The funeral

Hi Technicolor Sparks sorry for lateness, i just posted my quick mini review in thread. Thanks a lot for tha mix. loooooooved it. only track 5 that i couldn't figure out. i havew the tracklisting for you if you still want it or were you able to find out all the tracks on your own??

please let me know.

Sorry for lateness in my review of the mixtape. First off i would really like to say thank you to the "Mixtaper" for the xcellent tunes. i realle took my time to listen to it and i have tosay that we have very much similar taste in music..it,s almost scary..lol

The only track i could find or recognize was track #5. Any chnace you can enlighten me??

thank a bunch.

01. Wolf gang- Lions in Cages

02. Noah & the Whales- Tonight's the kind of night

03. The vaccines - Wreckin' Bar (ra ra ra)

04. Two door Cinema- Undercover Martyn

05. ???

06. The National- England

07. Ed Sheeran- The A Team

08. Passion Pit - Moths wings

09. Muse- Map Of The Problematique

10. Placebo- Infra-Red

11. The Killers- This river is wild

12. White Lies- A place to hide

13. Biffy Clyro- God & Satan

14. Band of Horse- The funeral

Ooh, this is me. :D Sorry you knew all of the tracks, I literally had no clue of what you listened to, so I just used what I listen to. :lol:

Number 5 is Illuminated by Hurts. :wacky:

Tracklist:

1. Lions in Cages – Wolf Gang

2. Tonight’s the Kind of Night – Noah and the Whale

3. Wreckin’ Bar (Ra Ra Ra) – The Vaccines

4. Undercover Martyn – Two Door Cinema Club

5. Illuminated – Hurts

6. England – The National

7. The A Team – Ed Sheeran

8. Moth’s Wings – Passion Pit

9. Map of the Problematique – Muse

10. Infra-Red - Placebo

11. This River is Wild – The Killers

12. A Place to Hide – White Lies

13. God & Satan – Biffy Clyro

14. The Funeral – Band of Horses

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ht0m8okck1n5pa6

Hey, I'm Emily your mixtape maker! Sorry it took me a while to post a tracklist. I just moved into my dorm room and such and have been crazy busy. So I don't have time to go through track by track and respond to your comments, but I'll give you the tracklist:

1) Lions in Cages - Wolf Gang

2) We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service

3) Always - Switchfoot

4) You Still Love Him - White Lies

5) Hummingbird - Imaginary Cities

6) I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li

7) Full Moon Song - Peter Bradley Adams

8) Every Time You Go - Ellie Goulding

9) Hey Na Na - Katie Herzig

10) You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf

11) Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh - Say Hi

12) Setting Sun - Howling Bells

13) 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

14) Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) - Foster the People

15) Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol

and the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6j68u8645z4cwy9

Thanks Emily and don't worry about it I was hardly early reviewing it...