✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

Hi :wacky:

Hi mixtape maker, here is my review :)

Track 1 : This is an instrumental song. Just that woman who spells the word « ouverture » really slowly. That the perfect word to open a mixtape but I didn’t really like it. Maybe too repetitive and not enough rythmed.

Hah! I knew it was a risky opener D: this is daft punk - ouverture

Track 2 : After five listening of this tape I’m sure it’s LCD Soundsystem. I love this song and it’s stuck in my head since Tuesday. I like LCD Soundsystem but I never take the time to really listen. The title of this song is probably "Too Much Love" and I like the lyrics "What will you do when you wake up, fatten you up, fasten you up, fatten you up"

My favorite of the tape :awesome:

So glad you like this :awesome: It's called Too Much Love

Track 3 : I don't like that song but I think it is Interpol? Unfortunatly I'm not fan of the voice of the singer. There are some band that seem really good but I don't like listen to them because of the voice of the singer (as Elbow, white lie or even Editors):\

Yeah, this is Interpol. I can understand why you don't like it as I tend to dislike lots of bands because of their singers :P the song is called PDA

Track 4 : Back to a song with a woman voice. I like this one. I already heard the singer voice but I can't find what band/singer it is. Not sure I'll listen to it after that exchange but I really enjoyed it on the tape. Perfect to dance in your room.

This is Zero, by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I was in a very dance mood when I made the mixtape :P

Track 5 : I'm not into instrumental, only when it comes from bands I know, because I already know their univers. But it's ok and fits well in the tape.

Let There Be Light (Justice)

Track 6 : Again a really "upbeat" song (I suck at finding the good english word to describe songs). It probably contains 90's house and dance music riffs. There is also a saxophone (or something like that) at the end. I love it. I feel young again :laugh3: And as the LCD Soundsystem song it's stuck in my head.

Hearts on Fire by Cut Copy. Yeah it sounds a bit like LCD Soundsystem although LCD is way better in my opinion :awesome:

Track 7 : I think it's Hot Chip ? I don't like that song as the previews one but it's Ok

Hot Chip - One Pure Thought. Sorry you didn't like it D:

Track 8 : No need to listen more than a few second to recognize Phoenix "lasso". I used to like them but I’ve been really disappointed by the last album. But it is still good to listen to that song.

Really? woah I love their last album :bomb:

Track 9 : I really feel I know that song but have some a sort of amnesia. It's quite unpleasant. Anyway I find it really good.

As Above, So Below (Klaxons). Not a big fan of them but this one fitted with the mixtape :wacky:

Track 10 : The Kills ! I used to listened to that song few years ago. And sometimes I like to put it in repeat in my car while I'm driving. I didn't listen to the last Kills album but I think I miss something really good.

Cheap and Cheerful - The Kills. This song is so much fun. I'm not really into them but as soon as I heard this I thought it was gonna be part of a mixtape

Track 11 : Foals. Really long introduction. I like it. And the voice is so catchy. I just want to dance everytime I listen to that band. I saw them in live in 2009 and I didn't know who they were but I immediatly felt in love with their musics.

Foals - Balloons :wacky:

So I really enjoyed that tape. Rythme and a quite good mixte between femal and male voice. A lot of songs that I already heard but never really listen with attention. So thank you for putting them in the tape.

I just regret that there were no slower songs. I'm like an duracel/energizer bunny after listening to your mixtape :lol:

So thank you my mixtape maker :), it was a real pleasure to listen to that tape. I really want to know who is behind that tape because I have no idea who it can be. And I also want to know if I really found who sing some of those songs or if I'm completly wrong.

And as always I apologize for my not so good english.

I started with a very slow mixtape but I almost fell asleep and decided to change it. Finally I changed all the songs. Glad you liked it even if there are some songs you disliked D:

:hug:

tracklist:

mixtape.png

link:

http://grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Mixtape+08+2011/58169341

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Lore, I made your mixtape! :wacko:

Haha, I'm glad you liked most of it. :wacko: I'm not that great at putting mixtapes together for people. :sick: I wasn't sure about some of the slower songs, but uh, anyway, here's the track listing. :P

1. I Don't Know What I Can Save You From by Kings of Convenience

2. Atlantic Hearts by We're No Heroes

3. Techno Fan by The Wombats

4. Call It What You Want by Foster the People

5. Amor Fati by Washed Out

6. Moth's Wings by Passion Pit

7. I Got by Young the Giant

8. Me and the Moon by Something Corporate

9. Photojouranlist by Small Black

10. Sleep Alone by Two Door Cinema Club

11. Santa Fe by Beirut

12. Gobbledigook by Sigur Rós

13. After the Moment by Craft Spells

14. Holidays by Miami Horror

15. Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear

16. Hey Mama by Mat Kearney

17. Underneath the Sycamore by Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.mediafire.com/?516s4cdkt3ss8lq

:nice:

Laura! :awesome: Thanks a lot for this. I'll definitely will check out more stuff by some of those bands :kiss:

Hi :wacky:

I started with a very slow mixtape but I almost fell asleep and decided to change it. Finally I changed all the songs. Glad you liked it even if there are some songs you disliked D:

:hug:

tracklist:

mixtape.png

link:

http://grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Mixtape+08+2011/58169341

Hi Lore :smug2:

This is a great tape and I remember a message in which you said you had change all the songs of your mixtape :lol:

Oh and I should have recognize Klaxons.

I had preferred this actually to something familiar to me.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh, but it was also my fault for not being clear enough on what i wanted on my tape, but nevermind these things happen and these are the risks that you takr. Thanks anyway for the mixtape, i think what I liked the least were the vocals mainly, but i loved the first song and the last one. I will check those out for sure.

Yeah, I guess you got something out of it as did I. Apologies for being a bit abrasive this morning, my instant reaction was to go on the defensive and obviously that came across.

It's all good now.

HI :)

I'm Maria and I was your mixtape maker!

The Review: Where The Spirits Dwell

First of all I want to say the artwork is lovely. It really does fit into the feel of the music and the name. A very good personal touch added. Thank you :)

Glad you liked it:D

1. The intro is a bit eerie but then leads into joyous vocals and beautiful orchestrated music. A lovely enchanting track to start of the tape

Yeah..you'r right about the eerie part, but the mysterious feel to the song is kind of what I love about it :P This is the intro track to Henry Selick's movie Coraline....

the name of the song is Mechanical Lullaby and ALL the artists are: Bruno CoulaisThe Children's Choir Of NiceTeri HatcherBernard PaganottiHungrarian Symphony Orchestra BudapestLaurent Petitgirard

2. The start of this one makes me think of the Disney film Song Of The South, it's a classic and should be watched by all incase anyone hasn't seen it. Her voice sounds very delicate and it has me stuck between Paloma Faith and Corrine Bailey Rae, it sounds like a combination of them both. It also leaves me wondering if it's a happy or sad song but i'd like to think it's a happy one. I love how stripped down the song is, just the singing and a keyboard, soft drumbeat and the nature sounds. a beautiful song.

I haven't even heard of that movie:thinking: but i guess i have to see it now...wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm insane (which I kind of am btw):sneaky:

You'r right it's a very strange mix between both sad and happy... but I would agree with you on how stripped down the song, it has a rawness to it!

The artist is CocoRosie and the track is called Armageddon.

3. This song caught me off guard. It's soft calm guitar and then the lyrics are sort of inspirational, sort of missing what you lost and want it back. I'm almost certain it's The Temper Trap and if it is then i'm getting their album cos this would be like the 4th song i've heard that from them that I like. It's 6 minutes long and when it gets to 3.50 that's when you know it was all just the calm before the storm and the song comes alive. Very passionate song in my opinion. Favourite song so far

This is also one of my favorite songs on this tape:dazzled:

Yupp this is The Temper Trap and the song is obviously enough called Soldier On:P

4. On my first listen of this one I thought it was a song based on Beauty And The Beast because of them singing about a rose. Their voices both compliment each other and as the song progresses you want to hear how the story turns out. I like it but I won't be to bothered to find out who this is.

I also like the story line through this song! I think its a bit creepy but also kind of poetic how he seduces her and they have 3 days of passion then he says that all beauty must die and he kills her -where the wild roses grow:stunned:

Where the Wild Roses Grow by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

5. Elbow! You can't mistake Guy Garvey's voice for anyone. You'll see my ignorance towards the band now when you see my question. Is this before The Seldom Seen Kid or is it from the new album? I want to hear more of Elbow, in fact not want I need to hear more of Elbow.

:P Yeah guess I saw that one coming!

This is from their 2003 album Cast Of Thousands... so yes it is before The Seldom Seen Kid!

Yeey... this makes me happy:lol:

The song is called Fugitive Motel

6. For me this is the loudest song on the mixtape so far, I recognise the voice but can't think of who it is. It sounds like he's cheated on his girlfriend and came clean about it but she left him and he wants her back? I love the guitar in the song as well, has a great echo sound to it.

For me this is one of the better song on the tape ;)

I don't think he's coming clean to his girlfriend though... I think he's jus sorry about having a one night stands and not caring for the girl at all 'cause he only wanted one thing! ( or something like that) :shrug:

The band is The Sleeping... maybe you know them..... anywho the name of the song is Anyone Night Stand

7. Loving the upbeat feel to this song. Again a voice I recognise but can't think of who it is. It has a very summery feel about it. I want to hear more from them, looking forward to finding out who it is.

Tighten Up by The Black Keys... they're really great so you should definitively check the out :)

8. Oooooh the bass in this is cool. This is another favourite for me, her voice is just so cool, this song is just cool. Basically it's cool. Jesus this song is great. I think i need to calm down a minute. Nope, no I can't, this is a highlight for me, really loving this song. Anyone else that downloads this mixtape, you have to listen to this song. Now excuse me while I go and calm down, I think I need some fresh air

Yeah its great huh?.... and HE not she's got a really cool voice :P

wouaaaa... I got so exited that you loved it so much that now i need to go and calm down:o

the song is called Hang Me Up To Dry and is by Cold War Kids

9. A lovely acoustic track about what seems to be about a man in doubt and seems to depend on a particular someone, maybe the chicken that you hear at one point in the background? Whatever floats your boat. Again I love these kind of songs, very laid back and relaxing. I'm glad this tape is just full of them.

Ehmm... sorry about that... there seems to be something wrong with it 'cause the sound (or whatever) you hear at 1:00 isn't supposed to be there:confused:

anyways.... glad you liked it

Vila Rada by Nikola Sarcevic

10. Another good acoustic song. The woman seems to be trying to tell the person she's singing about that they need to stand up for them self maybe? I like the calmness of it all but the fact that you can feel the tension within the lyrics and the trumpet. Good song

Said And Done by Meiko:)

11. A lovely summery, acoustic song again. It makes me think of Latin Americans on a hot summers day out in the desert surrounded by sand and cactuses. I like this song, it makes me think of places like where I described. Lovely, happy music.

I think there's a lot of passion in this song ;)

Have you seen the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith? (well really, who hasn't?)

This is from the soundtrack! The song is called Mondo Bongo and the artists are Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros

12. This song is just stunning. A great collaboration of beautiful sounds. Just beautiful, makes me want to go out in the sun find a grassy field and lay in it and just stare at the sky. It also reminds me of the Lloyd TSB Banking adverts except it's better. I've changed my mind about the grassy hill, it starts out like that but now it makes me think of rain, sadness, heartbreak. I can feel a story within this as it keeps going back and forth as now there's joy returning again. Maybe I'm just a very imaginative person but I can see the story unfolding in my mind as if i'm watching it on a TV. A very beautiful mixture of music. To be honest it's sad that it's only 8 and a half minutes long. I feel as if it ends too soon.

I'm so happy to hear that :dance:

when i first put it in there I was worried that it would just be too damn long... but it's so great I had to have it on there anyway :P

This is also from a soundtrack.. I don't know if you'v seen the movie "A Good Year"? but its really cute! the name of the song is Wisdom and the artist is Marc Streitenfeld.

13. So from a roller coaster of emotions in the last song to what I think is a dark track. It seems the woman wants to be loved passionately. I think she must feel a need to emphasise the many ways to be loved and doesn't want to have her love ruined by the man being too drastic. A very blues song, hauntingly mellow, another beautiful voice.

Really? Dark? hmm... maybe I can hear it now that you'v mentioned it but thats not really my first thought, but it is, as you so nicely put it, hauntingly mellow and her voice is amazing :wacky:

Her name is Melody Gardot and the name of the song is Love Me Like A River Does

14. Back to the upbeat stuff. I think I've heard this before but i'm not sure where. The acoustic guitar and the vocals really go well together. Although I do find it hard to make out what he's saying. It has a country touch to it. Very short song but it seemed right to be that short.

I figured that this wouldn't be a unfamiliar track:laugh3:

This is Bon Iver........I LOVE THEM SO MUCH......and the hard to understand lyrics... I guess that's just kind of theyr thing:P name of the track is Beach Baby

15. This song sort of reminds me of Embrace's song Out Of Nothing at the very beginning. I know this…… I'm not proud to say I do either. It's Robert Patternson and this is from the Twilight film. What's worse is I even know what scene it's from too. OK I don't like Twilight the series, but the soundtrack is good and the first film isn't bad. I feel ashamed to have recognised this :'( haha

Yeah at first I didn't want it on there just 'cause I was ashamed of where I'd got it...... I guess I was a fan of the books a long time ago but I just hate the whole teenage mess thats evolved around them:veryangry2: I'm not a big fan of Pattinson's, and Mr. Edward Cullen actually creeps me out, but the guy's got a good voice and his music's got soul (at least I think so) and that's what really matters... so I decided to keep the track on the tape!

-And you'r right about the soundtrack :)

As I'm sure you already know the name of this song is Let Me Sign :rolleyes:

16. I really do love how this mixtape has played out, all acoustic practically. The lyrics and vocals on this song is really nice. I love all the instruments in this song, everything seems to fit in well together. I want to hear more from this guy. Really beautiful song in my opinion.

I didn't really intend to just have acoustic track on here, it just kind of turned out that way :P I'm glad you liked that though!

Paper Kite by Damien Jurado.... if you wanna check him out this album (Caught In The Trees) has some good songs on it :)

17. My guess is that this is Bat For Lashes? It sounds a lot like there style. Another beautiful song full of life just dying to burst out and fill your ears with pleasantness. It's like it's teasing us, one moment it's very low and has nothing but the voice and piano. The next thing it has that build up that you just hope will amount to something but just as it's about to get there it goes away and goes to the low part again. Now it's returned to the build up and it's seems it's trying harder this time but again it returns to the low part and ends.

You'r a 100 % right... this is Bat For Lashes!

May I say that you have a really good talent for writhing review's? the way you describe the music is just amazing:heart: when i read this it just fits perfectly...

the name of this track is Siren Song

18. This feels like a folk song. Again I think I recognise the woman's voice but I can't think of who it is. A lovely laid back song of what I assume is about the love in a relationship is gone and they're trying to find it again.

Rubber & Soul [Teitur] by Ane Brun

19. This song is very different from everything else that's on this mixtape. It's all electric and has a Grizzly Bear sound to it. A fun sounding voice. I think it's The National is it? I like this song. It's upbeat, funky and fun. Now there's pace gaining on the song, I feel the mood of the song is changing and has become quite intense. It's just become cooler. Don't think it's The National anymore. I'm really loving the bass, guitar and keyboard in this. Awesome way to end the tape, Whoever this band is i'd say this song is awesome when played live. Great intense ending to the tape.

It took some time for this song to grow on me.... I just loved the beginning but I wasn't so crazy about the rest of the song, but after a while I realized how good it was :P this track is called The Line (Bonus Version) and is by the band Battles.

Overall: This was the best mixtape i've ever been given on this site and from friends. Thank you. It's so laid back and at times intense and the title fits it perfectly. I felt my spirit dwell on the 19 tracks and then by track 19 it felt like it was time for it to leave. The songs were all brilliantly positioned and as I already said the artwork was a great touch. It was a fantastic mixtape and i'll be passing it round to my friends because it's something that's worthy of sharing. :)

I'm literally jumping up and down in my couch as I'm reading this:rolleyes3::dance::escaping::dazzled::lol::D :laugh3: (<-- got kind of excited) :P

I'm SOOO insanely happy that you liked it so much and I really appreciate you'r awesome review!!!!!!

Highlights: Track 3 for me was special, something about it that has really got to me and I really want to hear more from them. Of course Track 8, Don't need to go into detail again lol. Then Track 12, it was just a beautiful story that came to an abrupt end.

If I have to rate the tape out of 10 I'll give it 11. I look forward to the tacklisting. Thank You again :)

Than you <3

Tracklisting coming up:

Song - Artist/Band

1) Mechanical Lullaby - Bruno Coulais The Children's Choir Of Nice Teri Hatcher Bernard Paganotti Hungrarian Symphony Orchestra Budapest Laurent Petitgirard

2) Armageddon – CocoRosie

3) Soldier On - The Temper Trap

4) Where the Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

5) Fugitive Motell – Elbow

6) Anyone Night Stand - The Sleeping

7) Tighten Up - The Black Keys

8) Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids

9) Vila Rada - Nikola Sarcevic

10) Said And Done – Meiko

11) Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros

12) Wisdom - Marc Streitenfeld

13) Love Me Like A River Does - Melody Gardot

14) Beach Baby – Bon Iver

15) Let Me Sign - Robert Pattinson

16) Paper Kite - Damien Jurado

17) Siren Song - Bat For Lashes

18) Rubber & Soul [Teitur] - Ane Brun

19) The Line (Bonus Version) – Battles

And her's the link if anyone els would like to give it a listen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6cu7rmrvwkxapd

I see what you mean about the Twilight series. It's my sister who's obsessed with it and I watched the first film when she had it on TV one day, I like that film but as you said the crowd following of it and I think it's all over hyped too. And Track 8 was a dude? He really sounds like a girl in that song lol. But seriously thanks again for an awesome mixtape. I'll be checking out all them bands some more.

My reviiiew! (After 3rd listen) :wacky:

1. Durmming and strings. Quite nice. Sounds quite Sigur Ros-y with the violins. Vocals start, his voice reminds me a bit of Chris Martin's! Hehe. Chilled, not bad for a start. Really intense violins come and go <3 Wow, end.. lovely.

2. Piano starts, hmm. Clapping! Looks like a good one! Vocals sound familiar, but my memory fails me. Sound reminds me of Sufjan Stevens somehow too. Maybe it is him..? There's a build up halfway. Good song.

3. Really nice start. I like vocals and background music. Chilled and nice. Female voice singing along too. It's a sweet song =) I enjoyed overall.

4. Good start! Drumming, guitar and interesting howling vocals. Loving main vocals. Sounds familiar again. Really terrific. Probably my favourite so far. It's quirky <3

5. Piano starts. Sounds a bit cheesy somehow, but I appreciate the violins. Instrumental track, I believe. It's alright. Not a big fan.

6. Fleet Foxes?! Sounds so much like them. Guitaaar, awesome. Vocals are really good. This has grown on me after 3rd listen. Catchy beat.

7. Scruffy sounds.. Sigur Ros? Now this sounds a lot like them. But vocals are not them again, hmm. Maybe some sort of collaboration? Gets all lively in the middle. Pretty enjoyable.

8. Acoustic beginning. Soft male vocals which also sounds familiaaar, grrr. But I like, I like. Great violins. Pretty mellow and chilled again. Seems to be quite the theme through out the mix. Build up is not bad and it gets livelier near the end. Good track.

9. Acoustic-y again. Chocked-up vocals. This is the most mellow so far. I quite like. Pretty complimenting quirky ending too.

10. Piano emerges, and a pretty good piano for that matter. I remember this was an instrumental one..? Let's see. Is it Eluvium? It just came to me that it could be him. Ambient bliss, this is. <3

11. Really good start, ambient build-up sounds with vocals. Terrific build up. Quite enjoying this. This and the one before are the highlights for me so far. Getting pretty intense, all singing and dancing along too.

12. Guitar and loud violins. Folk song with pretty good vocals. I like the violins too.

13. Last one! This was my first love <333 Love this track to bits. Really wanna know who this is! Most upbeat in the mix. Awesome drumming in the middle! This song's got it all. I love the Indian music feel too. *dances*

It's a pretty enjoyable mix overall and I quite appreciate it. At first listen, I had a hard time focusing on songs since they somehow all sounded the same. But yeah that changed after a few listens. I would've liked to have seen some more variety in style though but it's fine, I enjoyed :smiley: The music on the mix were not something far from what I listen to or probably used to listen to more but I still reeeally wanna know who the artists are! Cause as you can see I quite enjoyed the songs apart from track 5, I believe. Main highlights are definitely, track 7, 8 and 13. And the other odd ones.

Thanks a lot for the mixtape, mixtape maker :nice:

Can't wait to see who it was!

I am going to be hated now :uhoh::uhoh:

Um...mixtape maker? I am REALLY REALLY SORRY but I don't think I can do a review. :\ I have tried my hardest to be open-minded but the music on here is about the furthest you can get from what I normally listen to, I just find it unbearable! :embarrassed:

9 is OK I guess, I seriously thought 12 was a joke because I don't know how anyone can listen to that ugh :confused:

A lot of the songs are instrumentals (and 4 sounds like audio from a cartoon :confused:)But pervy rappers ( 8,15) are so NOT my thing. I'M SO SORRY I know this is about discovering different stuff but I would never listen to this ever again.

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME! :cry:

(I LIKE THE ARTWORK THOUGH)

i don't know why you guys still let me do mixtapes

lol, anyway. that's fiiine. When you listed your favourite bands, I realised our tastes are the opposite of eachother :P

Seems like the only artist we had in common was Radiohead.

Yeah, so I thought I'd just do a mixtape that I, myself, would enjoy listening to. The kind of music that you obviously don't listen to.

I understand why you didn't like it. Rap isn't for everyone, but I still feel like a lot of people are far too close minded about it :P

"pervy rappers ( 8,15) are so NOT my thing." hahaha. Sorry about that actually. I didn't realise I put two Drake songs on :confused:

"I seriously thought 12 was a joke because I don't know how anyone can listen to that ugh" okay okay I hate you for this...

12 was (Baby I Don't Know) What You Want - Jacques Greene, which is a song I love to bits :P

oh man...

tracklisting & link:

1. Brains - Dear Time's Waste

2. Tone Bank Jungle - Holy Fuck

3. Keep On Looking - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

4. SUPER GROVER TAKING A BUS

5. Two Can Win - J Dilla

6. 3.214 - Madvillain

7. World Is Yours - NAS

8. Best I Ever Had - Drake

9. Disappear - Katy B

10. Entourage - Montgomery Clunk

11. Aquatic Family Affair - 2562

12. (Baby I Don't Know) What You Want - Jacques Greene

13. Matthew & Toby (RN9 Remix) - Four Tet

14. Winter in St. Moritz - Panda Bear

15. Marvins Room - Drake

http://www.mediafire.com/?9bd2lvc939pn8vc

My tape was titled "There's always two sides to a story" and the tape is split up into two sides which I thought was a pretty awesome idea and layout.

SIDE 1.

1. Sounds like Elbow? I'm not a huge fan of theirs. It's an alright song… pretty average. I don't really enjoy his voice but I don't have much else bad to say about it. Doesn't really stand out.

2. This sounds like an older song? A nice simple song. I like it. Lyrics are nice it's simple. Thumbs up.

3. Lyrics are interesting… hahaha. Wow. But I'm not a fan. Her voice is annoying and the lyrics are a tiny bit dramatic. :P Not my favourite song ever.

4. Another sort of slow song. Definitely better than the last one. A bit repetitive but other than it's nice. Not a stand out or anything that I'd listen to on repeat or anything.

5. Another slow song. I'm hoping SIDE 2 will be more upbeat? I mean it's a pretty song with nice vocals but it's a bit slow for my liking and isn't something I'd take much notice too if I heard it somewhere.

6. Sounds like a typical rock song. I like it better than the last few cause it is more upbeat but seems a bit generic. Growing on me though definitely!

SIDE 2.

1. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals but the song is generally is nice and chill but not to the point of being boring. Still a bit slow.

2. Haha I feel bad for saying I don't like almost every song but it's just not my taste. It's too slow for my taste. I'm sure a lot of others on this site would appreciate this mixtape much more than me.

3. Hate the vocals off the bat. Too slow, drawn out, and boring for my tastes.

4. Same as the last one. I don't like the vocals.. Too slow for me. :(

5. Everlong by the Foo Fighters. Acoustic. Great tune!

6. Not a huge fan. It is one of the better songs on the tape though. Relaxing.

7. Haha acoustic and slow. Not my taste. Sorry :( I feel like a jerk.

CONCLUSION

I like this instrumental. It's nice. I usually don't like songs without lyrics but this one is nice. Probably one of my favourites off the tape.

Overall there were a couple of song I enjoyed and will be keeping in my iTunes but overall the tape was a little too slow and quiet for me. I'm sorry :( I'm sure there are tons of people on here who would love it though. It's just not my taste. That aside. Thanks for making my mixture! I did pick up a few good songs that i'll definitely be listening to!

I'm your mixtape maker. Sorry it wasn't your kind of thing :/

My tape was titled "There's always two sides to a story" and the tape is split up into two sides which I thought was a pretty awesome idea and layout.

I'm glad you liked the concept. My aim was to have a kind of story told in two different styles. The first electrically, the second acoustically. As if it were like a court case of some sort.

SIDE 1.

1. Sounds like Elbow? I'm not a huge fan of theirs. It's an alright song… pretty average. I don't really enjoy his voice but I don't have much else bad to say about it. Doesn't really stand out.

Yes this is Elbow with Richard Hawley, I thought it'd be a good song to start of with because of the circus like music.

2. This sounds like an older song? A nice simple song. I like it. Lyrics are nice it's simple. Thumbs up.

It's some what old, from 2004. It's Embrace and the song is called Looking As You Are. I've been listening to this album a lot lately which is called Out Of Nothing, this also has Gravity on it that Chris Martin wrote. And as you said it's nice and simple.

3. Lyrics are interesting… hahaha. Wow. But I'm not a fan. Her voice is annoying and the lyrics are a tiny bit dramatic. :P Not my favourite song ever.

I had one this bands songs on the last exchange and Violet wasn't a fan of them either. This is an Irish band called Fight Like Apes, the song is Pull Off Your Arms And Let's Play In Your Blood

4. Another sort of slow song. Definitely better than the last one. A bit repetitive but other than it's nice. Not a stand out or anything that I'd listen to on repeat or anything.

I first heard this song on a British energy supplier advert a few years back and thought it was really cool and nice

5. Another slow song. I'm hoping SIDE 2 will be more upbeat? I mean it's a pretty song with nice vocals but it's a bit slow for my liking and isn't something I'd take much notice too if I heard it somewhere.

This is one of my favourite bands and also one of my favourite songs. But then again softer music isn't for everyone. This is Ham Sandwich and the song is Ants

6. Sounds like a typical rock song. I like it better than the last few cause it is more upbeat but seems a bit generic. Growing on me though definitely!

This is The Vaccines and the song is All In White. They're a new British band and have gained massive popularity here this year. This is my favourite song of the album, hope you grow to like them, they've plenty of other good songs on their album.

SIDE 2.

1. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals but the song is generally is nice and chill but not to the point of being boring. Still a bit slow.

This is a band called The Frames. I don't know much about the them but the album is all like this song, nice and chilled. This is called Fighting On The Stairs

2. Haha I feel bad for saying I don't like almost every song but it's just not my taste. It's too slow for my taste. I'm sure a lot of others on this site would appreciate this mixtape much more than me.

That's fine, I should've looked more into your tastes on Last.FM. This is an acoustic version of Noah And The Whale's song Rocks And Daggers

3. Hate the vocals off the bat. Too slow, drawn out, and boring for my tastes.

Bombay Bicycle Club I think seem to be a very Marmitey band, you either love them or hate them. This is taken from their second album Flaws which is all acoustic, the song is Jewel

4. Same as the last one. I don't like the vocals.. Too slow for me. :(

This is another Irish band called Villagers. They've had a good year last year with their debut album, again this is all the stuff i'm into, acoustic and laid back stuff. Still love a lot of livelier as you see next with Foo Fighters.

5. Everlong by the Foo Fighters. Acoustic. Great tune!

You said it all really. I think that this is one of the best acoustic versions of a song ever. Great band, great song.

6. Not a huge fan. It is one of the better songs on the tape though. Relaxing.

I know nothing about this band at all. This song is taken from a collaboration album called Dark Was The Night. The song is Sleepless by The Decemberists

7. Haha acoustic and slow. Not my taste. Sorry :( I feel like a jerk.

This is José González, I'd recommend his album but now i'm guessing it wouldn't be worth while haha. The song is Broken Arrows.

CONCLUSION

I like this instrumental. It's nice. I usually don't like songs without lyrics but this one is nice. Probably one of my favourites off the tape.

I discovered this band on of all places Yahoo. There was this stupid piece on what a woman would look like with a years worth of make-up on. The video of it had one of their songs on (which are all instrumental by the way). I went to their site and their EP is a pay what you want one. I did pay for it because I felt guilty getting it for free haha. The name of them is very long and all their songs have really long titles. Anyway They're called All shall be well (and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well) and the song is There will always be at least a thousand things you don't know

Overall there were a couple of song I enjoyed and will be keeping in my iTunes but overall the tape was a little too slow and quiet for me. I'm sorry :( I'm sure there are tons of people on here who would love it though. It's just not my taste. That aside. Thanks for making my mixture! I did pick up a few good songs that i'll definitely be listening to!

Well I'm glad you got something out of it anyway. Thank you for giving it a decent review too instead of completely disregarding it which would've been easier to do.

Oh I forgot the tracklisting and link. Here it is anyway for anyone that wants to give it a listen :)

The Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?ga5484cj6oda1wv

There's Always Two Sides To A Story

The Tracklist

1. The Fix (Feat. Richard Hawley) - Elbow

2. Looking As You Are - Embrace

3. Pull Off Your Arms And Let's Play In Your Blood - Fight Like Apes

4. Get Up And Go - Broadcast 2000

5. Ants - Ham Sandwich

6. All In White - The Vaccines

7. Fighting On The Stairs - The Frames

8. Rocks And Daggers - Noah And The Whale

9. Jewel - Bombay Bicycle Club

10. The Meaning Of The Ritual - Villagers

11. Everlong (Acoustic) - Foo Fighters

12. Sleepless - The Decemberists

13. Broken Arrows - José González

14. There will always be at least a thousand things you don't know - All shall be well (and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well)

Hello! My name is Jasmin and I was your mixtape maker. Nice to meet you. :nice:

My reviiiew! (After 3rd listen) :wacky:

1. Durmming and strings. Quite nice. Sounds quite Sigur Ros-y with the violins. Vocals start, his voice reminds me a bit of Chris Martin's! Hehe. Chilled, not bad for a start. Really intense violins come and go <3 Wow, end.. lovely.

Noah and the Whale - The First Days of Spring. I knew this was going to be the opener track to my mixtape way before I signed up for this haha.

2. Piano starts, hmm. Clapping! Looks like a good one! Vocals sound familiar, but my memory fails me. Sound reminds me of Sufjan Stevens somehow too. Maybe it is him..? There's a build up halfway. Good song.

Not Sufjan, but S. Carey - In The Dirt. A new discovery of mine.

3. Really nice start. I like vocals and background music. Chilled and nice. Female voice singing along too. It's a sweet song =) I enjoyed overall.

Jon Hopkins & King Creosote - Bubble. Their new album Diamond Mine is pretty sweet too!

4. Good start! Drumming, guitar and interesting howling vocals. Loving main vocals. Sounds familiar again. Really terrific. Probably my favourite so far. It's quirky <3

Animal Collective - Prospect Hummer, with Vashti Bunyan doing the lovely vocals. I wasn't sure at all if you'd like this, so I'm very happy you did.

5. Piano starts. Sounds a bit cheesy somehow, but I appreciate the violins. Instrumental track, I believe. It's alright. Not a big fan.

Ólafur Arnalds - Ljósið. Too bad you didn't like it, he makes wonderful music in my opinion haha.

6. Fleet Foxes?! Sounds so much like them. Guitaaar, awesome. Vocals are really good. This has grown on me after 3rd listen. Catchy beat.

Nope, it's James Vincent McMorrow - If I Had A Boat. Yeah I think it totally is a grower!

7. Scruffy sounds.. Sigur Ros? Now this sounds a lot like them. But vocals are not them again, hmm. Maybe some sort of collaboration? Gets all lively in the middle. Pretty enjoyable.

Parachutes - Your Song. Not Sigur Rós but pretty close - Alex Somers used to be in this band, too bad they split up. I had hard time picking between their songs, but I chose one with vocals since I didn't want there to be too many instrumentals.

8. Acoustic beginning. Soft male vocals which also sounds familiaaar, grrr. But I like, I like. Great violins. Pretty mellow and chilled again. Seems to be quite the theme through out the mix. Build up is not bad and it gets livelier near the end. Good track.

Dry The River - History Book. Another new discovery.

9. Acoustic-y again. Chocked-up vocals. This is the most mellow so far. I quite like. Pretty complimenting quirky ending too.

Seabear - I Need A Home For My Hands And Head. This is basically Sindri's (Sin Fang) early solo stuff, just under the name Seabear.

10. Piano emerges, and a pretty good piano for that matter. I remember this was an instrumental one..? Let's see. Is it Eluvium? It just came to me that it could be him. Ambient bliss, this is. <3

Nope, it's Jónsi & Alex - Stokkseyri. I love this track to bits. :heart:

11. Really good start, ambient build-up sounds with vocals. Terrific build up. Quite enjoying this. This and the one before are the highlights for me so far. Getting pretty intense, all singing and dancing along too.

Animal Collective - Banshee Beat. I though this was a risky song to put on, Animal Collective is not everyone's cup of tea, glad you liked!

12. Guitar and loud violins. Folk song with pretty good vocals. I like the violins too.

Horse Feathers - Finch On Saturday. Also new discovery.

13. Last one! This was my first love <333 Love this track to bits. Really wanna know who this is! Most upbeat in the mix. Awesome drumming in the middle! This song's got it all. I love the Indian music feel too. *dances*

Welp, I'm so super mega happy you liked this! It's Sin Fang - Nineteen. I feel like I recommed Summer Echoes to every single person I talk to, but it's so great.

It's a pretty enjoyable mix overall and I quite appreciate it. At first listen, I had a hard time focusing on songs since they somehow all sounded the same. But yeah that changed after a few listens. I would've liked to have seen some more variety in style though but it's fine, I enjoyed :smiley: The music on the mix were not something far from what I listen to or probably used to listen to more but I still reeeally wanna know who the artists are! Cause as you can see I quite enjoyed the songs apart from track 5, I believe. Main highlights are definitely, track 7, 8 and 13. And the other odd ones.

Thanks a lot for the mixtape, mixtape maker :nice:

Can't wait to see who it was!

Thanks for the kind words. :awesome: And because this was just my second mixtape I consider I'm still learning how to make them cool and interesting, I was kinda afraid they would all sound the same but at the same time I really wanted the songs to fit together. Next time I will keep in mind to put some more upbeat songs and also have more variety in style.

Here's the tracklisting:

tracklist.png

Hello! My name is Jasmin and I was your mixtape maker. Nice to meet you.[/color] :nice:

Thanks for the kind words. :awesome: And because this was just my second mixtape I consider I'm still learning how to make them cool and interesting, I was kinda afraid they would all sound the same but at the same time I really wanted the songs to fit together. Next time I will keep in mind to put some more upbeat songs and also have more variety in style.

Here's the tracklisting:

tracklist.png

Amazing mixtape my friend! Love it.