✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

Here's my review :D

I'm sorry I had to rush it but I'm working at the moment and it's taking me way more time than what I had planned.

Listened to it twice though.

1 – Very quiet piano track. The sadness it conveys would lead me to use it as a final track so the fact you’re starting with this is quite surprising but pleasant nonetheless.

2 – Starts with what sounds like a dialogue from an old movie, keyboard background which flows well with the first track, all this followed by a more dynamic mix. Cool atmosphere, I like it.

3 – Acoustic guitar, very ‘‘airy’’ atmosphere. Reminds me of some young Northern European bands whom I appreciate but wouldn’t listen too much (I find this kind of songs pretty much always the same, and thus start getting bored)

4? – I’m puzzled there’s no track 4…

5 – Would associate this one as well to young bands from Norway/Sweden/Denmark, though this one is more electronic and catchy :)

6 – I feel like entering a very vast and wide space in a video game like Final Fantasy, my character’s lost and saddened and I have to find a way to get him out of this. It’s like a tunnel with an attracting bright light on the other side. The feeling of emptiness created by the song is quite fascinating. Where does it come from? I’m very curious about it, it’s a very interesting track!

7 – Getting slightly rock with electric guitar, but the keyboard make it in keeping with the previous track. Sounds quite 70s, enjoyable!

8 – 30 seconds of bird songs, exotic ones, we’re in the middle of the Amazon forest. This is quite a mysterious tape…

9 – Once again, sounds like a young band trying be retro. I love it, the piano part reminds me of the soundtrack of a movie I love (The Brave One). Wouldn’t be surprised if the title was ‘‘Animals’’ as all songs containing this word (Coldplay, R.E.M, Cranberries) are awesome.

10 – Wuhu finally a female voice, and a good one! Totally loved the 2 first minutes of the song but then the pitch goes higher (not sure I’m using the appropriate English word) and I find it less attractive. Plus the crescendo results on something slightly disharmonic to my ears.

11 – Great contrast with the loud end of Track 10, calm, peaceful electronic track I would easily associate to a Michel Gondry movie (piano, electro plus craziness). I like it.

12 – Quite poppy/indie song, kinda repetitive (‘‘I was poor in love’’) but catchy. There’s something a bit retro at one point too, one of my fav of the mixtape.

13 – Very short track, 30 second, it’s all about atmosphere. Funnily I feel I already entered a similar ‘‘dreamy’’ world during a previous mixtape exchange, have you already been my mixtape maker?

14 – Waking up with another retro beat and a female voice. I would describe them as a soft, quiet and serious version of ‘‘The Ting Tings’’ ahah.

15 – Extremely long instrumental song that goes crescendo. There’s something PinkFloyd-ian in the length of the track and its experimental aspect.

16 – Belle and Sebastian? Definitely reminds me of an old mixtape I was sent…

17 – Soundtrack? I’m curious; where else can you find this kind of instrumental song taking into consideration I don’t think it’s a famous piece of classical music?

18 – Electro. The background noise (synth) makes it weird and kinda hard to listen to, I would have appreciated it much more if they had gotten ridden of this weird sound.

19 – The beginning totally reminds me of a song I was gonna put in my mixtape (Catherine Ringer – Pardon, if you wanna check it on youtube), and then it gets catchy. Good one.

20 – Ending on a quite country soft song. Funnily I would have started the tape with this one. I love this “and I see” repetition.

All in all, a very well made mixtape. You can feel you worked on the atmosphere and I like that. Fav tracks are definitely 9, 10, 12 and 20 :)

Thanks a lot, mixtape maker!

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know why you guys still let me do mixtapes

lol, anyway. that's fiiine. When you listed your favourite bands, I realised our tastes are the opposite of eachother :P

Seems like the only artist we had in common was Radiohead.

Yeah, so I thought I'd just do a mixtape that I, myself, would enjoy listening to. The kind of music that you obviously don't listen to.

I understand why you didn't like it. Rap isn't for everyone, but I still feel like a lot of people are far too close minded about it :P

"pervy rappers ( 8,15) are so NOT my thing." hahaha. Sorry about that actually. I didn't realise I put two Drake songs on :confused:

"I seriously thought 12 was a joke because I don't know how anyone can listen to that ugh" okay okay I hate you for this...

12 was (Baby I Don't Know) What You Want - Jacques Greene, which is a song I love to bits :P

oh man...

tracklisting & link:

1. Brains - Dear Time's Waste

2. Tone Bank Jungle - Holy Fuck

3. Keep On Looking - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

4. SUPER GROVER TAKING A BUS

5. Two Can Win - J Dilla

6. 3.214 - Madvillain

7. World Is Yours - NAS

8. Best I Ever Had - Drake

9. Disappear - Katy B

10. Entourage - Montgomery Clunk

11. Aquatic Family Affair - 2562

12. (Baby I Don't Know) What You Want - Jacques Greene

13. Matthew & Toby (RN9 Remix) - Four Tet

14. Winter in St. Moritz - Panda Bear

15. Marvins Room - Drake

http://www.mediafire.com/?9bd2lvc939pn8vc

Definitely downloading this! :wacky:

Hello! My name is Jasmin and I was your mixtape maker. Nice to meet you.[/color] :nice:

Thanks for the kind words. :awesome: And because this was just my second mixtape I consider I'm still learning how to make them cool and interesting, I was kinda afraid they would all sound the same but at the same time I really wanted the songs to fit together. Next time I will keep in mind to put some more upbeat songs and also have more variety in style.

Here's the tracklisting:

tracklist.png

Hello Jasmine! I'm Lana. :nice:

Wooo, Animal Collective.. I did listen to some of their songs a while back but I'm surprised I quite liked them! Should probably check them out more now, thanks.

And would definitely check out all the others I liked. I like how there are so many artists I don't know.

Thanks a lot again! :nice:

Amazing mixtape my friend! Love it.

Thank you! :awesome:

Definitely downloading this! :wacky:

Hello Jasmine! I'm Lana. :nice:

Wooo, Animal Collective.. I did listen to some of their songs a while back but I'm surprised I quite liked them! Should probably check them out more now, thanks.

And would definitely check out all the others I liked. I like how there are so many artists I don't know.

Thanks a lot again! :nice:

I approve. Feels and Strawberry Jam are marvellous albums. I'm happy if even one of these artists caught your attention. :wacky:

Well, so here I come to review my tape entitled « Hey Sofia ! Have you heard my mixtape? »

I really appreciated this attention, that was very nice from you mixtape maker :nice:

And the artwork you created is awesome! It’s a picture taking from the back of a (chinese?) man riding a bicycle through an intense fog. On it I can read an added and colourful inscription : «Summer Sun». This was a great idea and I felt like this mixtape was gonna be full of sense and hidden messages. Did you take this picture yourself? If so you’re also a good photographer ;)

Ok, I’m done with so details! Now let’s go for music reviewing :D

Track 1 : Oh yes, great jazzy piano beginning… Like it so far! Electric guitar + drums = jazzy rock! Very interesting and original track, becomes faster and faster! Just grabbed me, haha I feel like I’m in an amazing rollercoaster! Wow, it seems like the musicians know what they’re doing! Great opener, seems to tell that this mixtape is going to be eclectic, I may be wrong though…

Track 2 : «chu chu chu, chupa chu» on repeat with drums, funny! This female vocalist, is giving a great rhythm. Quite a dark track I’d say. Haha, this girl seems angry! Really like the drums, they’re doing the song imo. And this little riff is great too. This song is okay, maybe a bit repetitive. I’m not really into female vocalists in general (with some excepetions) but it flows really well with the previous track.

Track 3 : Wow, big and fast electric guitar in distorsion! A bit afraid at first to be honest, punk rock isn’t really my kind of thing. But I have to admit this song is really well done! It sounds a bit older that it maybe is, don’t know why. And, once again, the transition with the previous track is great! « Give me some looooove!! », haha I like the lyrics! I think I’ll really appreciate this one when I’ll listen to it during daylight! Thanks, I never been really into this kind of music but it’s a great track! Looking forward to know who it is :)

Track 4 : Male vocalist, British accent if I’m not mistaken! Reminds me a bit Little Comets’ singer. The bass riff is great, really like it! A well constructed rock song, very dynamic! Once again, a bit «dark» but it may not be the best word to describe it. This song grows on me, I really like it. Ends with some men talking… Yeah they’re definitely British !

Track 5 : « Il est sept heures du matin… Faut s’réveiller… » Hahaha yeah, I don’t remember how is called this French rock song! Really like it though! Shit, I feel ashamed right now hahaha! Anyway, I really like this late 60’s / 70’s sounding. Great choice :)

Track 6 : Woot, starting with drums and a great electric guitar! Male vocalist, YAY! Really cool song, one of my fav so far! I don’t think I’ll have anything else to say, I would ruin the song haha! I can’t wait to know who it is :dance:

Track 7 : Another great transition! Well done ;) Sounds like an old song, from the late 70’s or early 80’s, but I may be wrong… Good song, maybe repetitive a bit, less original than the previous ones but it works well here anyway.

Track 8 : Mmmh begins with an organ, I feel like I know this song, already heard it… But where… I don’t know… Shit, the piano… I had this song in one of my previous mixtape! But I don’t remember the name of the artist :( Okay, I know, that’s really awkward… Anyway, this song is really powerful, with violins, drums, this piano riff on repeat, the guitar on distorsion and this male vocalist who is really great, very story telling! A dark track that grabs you and won’t let you go until the end. Almost a scary track to be honest, but so powerful. It ends in a brutal way too, I remember I was kinda surprised the first time I heard it.

Track 9 : Like this beginning! Sounds like a synth/violin. Oh, lyrics are in a foreign language! Polish? Sorry if I’m wrong, I don’t really know which language it is! I usually have some trouble to appreciate music in a language I don’t understand but with this one it seems like you don’t have to understand the lyrics cause you feel the mood… I really like the instru, with folk and electric guitars and even some harmonica at the end. And, as usual since the beginning of this tape, it flows really well :)

Track 10 : Oh, I really like the beginning! Love the rhythm of the guitar backwards and the bass line too… A female vocalist I instantaneously liked… Really like her voice, she’s not faking. A cool and relaxing but not boring song, me like it :nice: On my top list from this tape! Thumbs up to the bass line and guitar riff, all the instruments fit really well together, I really like it! Can’t wait to know who it is :D

Track 11 : Oh yes, sounds like a soul song :) I know this piano riff with this guitar and this bass, I just can’t remember… Here come the voices : a duet between a male and female, their voices fit well together. It seems to be a cover, a well done one! I may be wrong but… Is it Peter Gabriel??! Hahaha, Khalplay if you read this… ;) Anyway, I like this song, especially the violins. Maybe a bit long though (almost 6 minutes). But that’s ok, the flow is still great.

Track 12 : Last one, already! A female echo-y vocalist, another « dark track », original! Oh! It changes very brutaly, it becomes « lighter » with a male vocalist who reminds me Damon Albarn. I really like it! A dreamy mood, « hello sunshine, come to my life » yes please, just come… A cool track, I like its rhythm too. Great way to end this tape !

Overall, I really enjoyed listening to this tape! The flow was just perfect, the tracks were original and eclectic even though I didn’t love them all. It have the strong feeling that you put a lot of efforts into my tape and I’m really glad about it. Thank you very much mixtape maker :nice:

Now, even though I may know who you are… Reveal yourself :whip:

:D

PS: sorry for the delay... But I can't believe I made it as I said I would, it still Friday here (11:59 p.m :D )

OK, here's my review. Sorry it's a bit late! :embarrassed:

1- Slow build up with chimy guitars and female vocals. A man's voice joins in along with some drums. Quite enjoying; I like the drums and the backing female vocals. Oooh trumpets. I love trumpets! Cool start!

2- Rockier start to this, with heavy use of synth. I quite like the guitar part in the bridge parts. I can imagine listening to this while I'm driving. Not something I'd normally listen to, but it's not bad.

3- Slightly electronic start to this and a strong synth beat. Electronic vocals. I found the vocals a little annoying the first time I heard it, but after a couple of listens they're quite catchy. Reminds me of 80s pop, maybe it is from the 80s? Again, not something I'd usually listen to but it's quite good!

4- Woop rocky. It's a bit too mainstram-y for my liking, though. Sorry :\ It sounds like it's trying to be heavy without being heavy, if that makes any sense :blank: The breakdown around the middle is pretty cool, though :wacky:

5- Another slightly electronic track. Not sure how I feel about this, the chorus is quite catchy, but it isn't really my thing again. It's OK, the lyrics are good.

6-Enjoying this; I like the guy's almost laid back vocals and the strings that start after the halfway point. Cool song. BTW, the name of the song popped up on Media Player, no band name, though :)

7- Oooh, I like this. I'm really enjoying the ska-like trumpets and the bass. My favourite song so far!

8-Another track with the song name showing. No band name, though! I like this, too, especially the synthy outro from 2:30 onwards.

9-Acoustic guitar with some strings in the background, mellow start. Vocals sound familiar, hmm. Quite a relaxing song, good for the late nights.

10-A more upbeat love song now. This is fun, vocals sort of remind me of Ben Gibbard at times, is it him? I'm not that familiar with his stuff so I might be wrong. Anyway, nice song.

11-I don't really have much to say about this, I'm afraid. It's OK, not really my cup of tea. Sorry :\

12-Is this Mew? I don't really know them too well, but I think it is..I quite like it anyway! Good way to end the tape.

So thank you, mixtape maker. I enjoyed listening to your tape. I think we might different tastes in music, but I appreciate that you put stuff that you like and got me listening to stuff I wouldn't normally. Tracks 1, 3, 7, 10 and 12.

Cheers :nice:

Oh this is me. :wacko:

OK, here's my review. Sorry it's a bit late! :embarrassed:

1- Slow build up with chimy guitars and female vocals. A man's voice joins in along with some drums. Quite enjoying; I like the drums and the backing female vocals. Oooh trumpets. I love trumpets! Cool start!

This would be Italo by Anathallo, I thought it would make a rather nice starting song. :wacko:

and hooray for loving trumpets!

2- Rockier start to this, with heavy use of synth. I quite like the guitar part in the bridge parts. I can imagine listening to this while I'm driving. Not something I'd normally listen to, but it's not bad.

This is by a sorta shoegaze band called Starflyer 59 and it's called Taxi. It was the first one I loved so I figured that would be easy to like haha.

3- Slightly electronic start to this and a strong synth beat. Electronic vocals. I found the vocals a little annoying the first time I heard it, but after a couple of listens they're quite catchy. Reminds me of 80s pop, maybe it is from the 80s? Again, not something I'd usually listen to but it's quite good!

Almost reminds me of a more radio friendly version of Karin Dreijer haha.

I think it's from 2007 actually and it's Destroy Everything You Touch by Ladytron

4- Woop rocky. It's a bit too mainstram-y for my liking, though. Sorry :\ It sounds like it's trying to be heavy without being heavy, if that makes any sense :blank: The breakdown around the middle is pretty cool, though :wacky:

Haha, I know what you mean. I was originally gonna put a different one that didn't sound like it was trying to be heavy but I decided to go with this one by them because it had a lot of different parts to it haha.

and I agree about the breakdown :awesome:

Oh, and it's by House Of Heroes

edit: Oh, and it's called In The Valley Of The Dying Son.

5- Another slightly electronic track. Not sure how I feel about this, the chorus is quite catchy, but it isn't really my thing again. It's OK, the lyrics are good.

Haha, this is a song I was kicking myself about putting on, because I was listening to them obsessively after I submitted my mixtape and every song seemed so much better. xD

But yeah, this is Starling by Brave Saint Saturn.

6-Enjoying this; I like the guy's almost laid back vocals and the strings that start after the halfway point. Cool song. BTW, the name of the song popped up on Media Player, no band name, though :)

Yeah, I had trouble with a couple of the tracks because they were m4a's and such.

I used to be so obsessed with this song heh, it's called You Are Dreaming and it's by Shout Out Louds

7- Oooh, I like this. I'm really enjoying the ska-like trumpets and the bass. My favourite song so far!

This makes me very happy.

It's The Untimely Death Of Brad by Five Iron Frenzy

I originally had a different one but I changed it to this last minute, hoorah.

8-Another track with the song name showing. No band name, though! I like this, too, especially the synthy outro from 2:30 onwards.

I love this song, it's Black Eye by Derek Webb

9-Acoustic guitar with some strings in the background, mellow start. Vocals sound familiar, hmm. Quite a relaxing song, good for the late nights.

Probably reminds you a bit of Sufjan? It's Cursing by Denison Witmer.

10-A more upbeat love song now. This is fun, vocals sort of remind me of Ben Gibbard at times, is it him? I'm not that familiar with his stuff so I might be wrong. Anyway, nice song.

This also makes me very happy. :wacko: :wacko:

This is actually a Relient K song off of their last album and it's called Candlelight. :wacko:

11-I don't really have much to say about this, I'm afraid. It's OK, not really my cup of tea. Sorry :\

Haha, I was totally gonna take this off too, lulz. :3

This is Stumbling by Attack Cat, I chose it because a lot of people don't like the female vocals and it didn't have many haha. And because I like to help them out and stuff, they love me. :dazzled:

12-Is this Mew? I don't really know them too well, but I think it is..I quite like it anyway! Good way to end the tape.

I totally chose this thinking it might remind you of Mew, haha.

I actually had this picked out as the last track before anything else, just like the first track.

It's by a band called Deas Vail and it's called Surface

I actually prefer Wes Blaylock's voice to Jonas Bjerre's

So thank you, mixtape maker. I enjoyed listening to your tape. I think we might different tastes in music, but I appreciate that you put stuff that you like and got me listening to stuff I wouldn't normally. Tracks 1, 3, 7, 10 and 12.

I am ridiculously happy you enjoyed it, and we definitely do haha. I actually had had my mixtape all planned out ahead of time and had to restart it once I found out you were my partner. :P

Cheers :nice:

oh man I say "haha" a lot.

So yeah, tracklisting.

1. Italo - Anathallo

2. Taxi - Starflyer 59

3. Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron

4. In The Valley Of The Dying Sun - House Of Heroes

5. Starling - Brave Saint Saturn

6. You Are Dreaming - Shout Out Louds

7. The Untimely Death Of Brad - Five Iron Frenzy

8. Black Eye - Derek Webb

9. Cursing - Denison Witmer

10. Candlelight - Relient K

11. Stumbling - Attack Cat

12. Surface - Deas Vail

Oh and partner, I prooooooooomise to listen to your tape and have it reviewed by Monday.

Oh this is me. :wacko:

oh man I say "haha" a lot.

So yeah, tracklisting.

1. Italo - Anathallo

2. Taxi - Starflyer 59

3. Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron

4. In The Valley Of The Dying Sun - House Of Heroes

5. Starling - Brave Saint Saturn

6. You Are Dreaming - Shout Out Louds

7. The Untimely Death Of Brad - Five Iron Frenzy

8. Black Eye - Derek Webb

9. Cursing - Denison Witmer

10. Candlelight - Relient K

11. Stumbling - Attack Cat

12. Surface - Deas Vail

Oh and partner, I prooooooooomise to listen to your tape and have it reviewed by Monday.

Hi :awesome: Sorry you had to change your plans haha (I say haha a lot too :wacky: ). But thanks for the tape, though. I did enjoy it and will check out Five Iron Frenzy, Deas Vail, Relient K and Anathallo!

Cheeeers

For Relient K you should listen to the album Forget And Not Slow Down. I don't think anything before that would really be your thing at all. Parts of this album probably won't be either, but who cares lol~

For Anathallo, Canopy Glow.

Oh, and FIF is kinda a "Christian" band but they're super cool about it and it's often not obvious or not there at all. They were just cool kids mang. Heck, they even had songs bashing Christians and Christian music and homophobes. :awesome: (bash is probably the wrong word lolz)

They were basically both the most respected and despised in the scene. :nod:

If I were to go based on albums as a whole I would probably suggest The End Is Near or Electric Boogaloo?

Even thought you like The Untimely Death Of Brad I'm not sure you'd like them. :anxious:

This is what I hate about mixtapes, when people check things out and the track you used was different from the rest or something or and they end up not liking them. :anxious:

edit: please don't tell me what you think about them or even that you checked them out or even mention anything because i'll probably throw up all over the place and/or pass out momentarily. I am completely serious. i'm already almost having a panic attack just from the fact that i got a review :|

i haven't been able to be proud of myself for actually doing this yet even though i should be very much so haha

right now i'm just like "k crests let's never go on coldplaying ever again"

i was for sure never gonna come in this thread again but then i remembered i still have to post my review. D:

I feel like I look so melodramatic. :|

I like the title of the mixtape. “Great Big Sky, Down to the Ground”… I’m curious what it means.

I changed that at the last moment, actually. Hi, my name's William, and I made your mixtape :)

1. Beginning has a slow guitar melody, it‘s pretty. Great start for the mixtape. I like the strong beat of the drums, even though the song still maintains to be calm/relaxing.

Great summary, that's actually what a lot of music critics said about the album as a whole. It's the opening track there too and it's by Justin Vernon, better known as Bon Iver. The song is called Perth.

2. Male singer and female singer, it sounds like Arcade Fire? I don’t remember hearing this song though. I like how there’s an energetic/upbeat drums and guitar while the violin and harmonica/bell ring gives it softer side to it too.

You're right! Not a harmonica, though, it's an accordion. Great song, one of their best; Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #2 (Laika) from their debut Funeral.

3. The beginning guitar melody sounds like a slow version of Beatles’ “So Happy Together” song, but it’s not.. I hear people’s echoing or “ooing“. It’s a two men duo… Near the end of the song, I wonder where they recorded this song. Because their voices echo as if they’re in a tall roofed building.

Actually, it's more like a 6 man duo :P It’s recorded in a studio I think, pretty much all of their songs have that sound, though. Love them. Fleet Foxes – The Plains/Bitter Dancer.

4. The female singer sounds familiar, don’t remember her name though . Sounds like a group of choir “awing”. Guitar with bell ring. It’s okay.

I love that, it sounds like something in between Regina Spektor and St. Vincent. One of my favorites this year; Emmy The Great – a woman, a woman, a century of sleep.

5. Sounds like a bit like a country song. Not my favorite, but the lyrics are kind of catchy.

Gillian Welch is the queen of Americana :wacky: The Way It Goes.

6. I didn’t like this song on my first listen. But after my second listen, the song sounds pretty sad.

I like that that's slotted as a positive boon :P The Decemberists - Sleepless off Dark Was The Night, which btw is one of the best Indie compilations ever.

7. I like the guy’s voice. I think this song is Spanish.( If I’m wrong, please forgive me. I don‘t know any better). I like songs in different languages even when I don’t know what‘s the meaning. I just like to hear the emotions and great melody.. The song has energetic drum rhythm and I just love the guitar and drums in this song especially at the end climax it’s really pretty.

You're very wrong, it's Norwegian :lol: Granted, a dialect.

He's a brilliant lyricist, you'll just have to take my word for it, haha.

These guys are called Dunderhonning, and are pretty big on the national Indie scene, but practically unheard of abroad.

8. The piano playing is really pretty. And the piano too. I love any song with violin or cello. The piano playing itself is great, has a pretty melody. This is definitely my favorite song on your mixtape so far.

I like how you said the piano is good 3 times :tongue: Glad you liked it, it's one of my favorite songs as well. The National - Exile Vilify.

9. The piano gives a mysterious/suspense sound. The female’s voice is very..haunting…. I love the drums/electric guitar mid way of the song, gives it a very energetic and thrilling sound. Really interesting track.

This is my favorite Norwegian artist, Susanne Sundfør :awesome: She's the greatest thing to come out of this country in years.

10. This song really fits well after track nine. It has that similar mysterious sound but still beautiful. The guy’s voice kind of reminds me of Aqualung. And a violin? There’s also an echo/wind kind of sound, really unique track.

Not familiar with Aqualung. This is Radiohead, though. Pyramid Song

11. “Great Big Sky, Down to the Ground”.. really calm song.

Normally I wouldn't someone to Elbow with a b-side, but I really love this one. It's called Buffalo Ghosts :nice:

12. I like the guitar and drums in this song, really energetic. “every occasion is a funeral” I don’t really understand the lyrics. But I like melody of the song. Great last track of the mixtape, doesn’t even feel like a last track because I want to hear more songs from you.

Band of Horses - The Funeral

Sorry about that :\ usually I make my mixtapes like 18 tracks, but this time I thought I'd make a short, compact one. Here are a few tracks I left off if you're interested:

The Black Keys - Psychotic Girl

The National - Slipping Husband

Eleanor Friedberger - Inn Of the Seventh Ray

Bill Callahan - Drover

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Paris (Oh La La)

I really enjoyed your mixtape. I didn’t recognize any of the songs, which is a great opportunity for my iTunes library to keep growing... I love how all of the songs connected to each other. Even if I shuffle the songs they compliment each other. I can tell you put a lot of work and effort to this mixtape. You did an amazing job… While I was listening to this mixtape, I felt as if I was taking a very laid back road trip or adventure by myself. Just really pretty songs I felt like I was..flying. Thank you for making this beautiful mixtape for me.. I’m excited to find out who are these great artists you put on your mixtape! J

My favorite tracks are: 6, 7, 8, 12

Thank you :) That's more than I hoped for.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/61pqy0

Tracklisting:

-Great Big Sky, Down To The Ground

1. Bon Iver - Perth | Bon Iver, Bon Iver (2011)

2. Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #2 (Laika) | Funeral (2004)

3. Fleet Foxes - The Plains/Bitter Dancer | Helplessness Blues (2011)

4. Emmy The Great - A Woman, A Woman, A Century of Sleep | Virtue (2011)

5. Gillian Welch - The Way It Goes | The Harrow and the Harvest (2011)

6. The Decemberists - Sleepless | Dark Was The Night (2009)

7. Dunderhonning - Bølgeskum | Sakte Ut Av Fokus (2010)

8. The National - Exile Vilify | Exile Vilify (2011)

9. Susanne Sundfør - O Master | The Brothel (2010)

10. Radiohead - Pyramid Song | Amnesiac (2001)

11. Elbow - Buffalo Ghost | Open Arms (2011)

12. Band Of Horses - The Funeral | Everything All The Time (2006)

Here's my review :D

I'm sorry I had to rush it but I'm working at the moment and it's taking me way more time than what I had planned.

Listened to it twice though.

1 – Very quiet piano track. The sadness it conveys would lead me to use it as a final track so the fact you’re starting with this is quite surprising but pleasant nonetheless.

I started out with this one largely because it's a prelude (by Debussy: la fille aux cheveaux de lin) but I also liked the idea of a calm, formal beginning. Plus it meshes well with the next track. I became really attached to this track this summer, and just started learning it on the piano.

2 – Starts with what sounds like a dialogue from an old movie, keyboard background which flows well with the first track, all this followed by a more dynamic mix. Cool atmosphere, I like it.

This one's by Pogo, but not a Disney remix (if you're not familiar with pogo, that's kind of his thing), but one revolving around the film "Carry on Cruising" (here's the fan vid to see where some of the dialogue came from [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdoHJczLjP4]Pogo - Go Out And Love Someone - Fan Video - YouTube[/ame] ).

This is from his album 'Wonderpuff', which is great because he's not as limited in the audio he uses.

3 – Acoustic guitar, very ‘‘airy’’ atmosphere. Reminds me of some young Northern European bands whom I appreciate but wouldn’t listen too much (I find this kind of songs pretty much always the same, and thus start getting bored)

This is by Peter Broderick who is an American known more for his piano works, but funny enough, he did spend time playing with the Danish band Efterklang, so maybe there's something in your comparison.

4? – I’m puzzled there’s no track 4…

Whoops, sorry about that. I forgot to change the file type before uploading. however, you didn't really miss anything. It was just a 40 second transitional clip of sounds around my campus, so no actual music. I was tempted to leave it out anyway.

5 – Would associate this one as well to young bands from Norway/Sweden/Denmark, though this one is more electronic and catchy :)

Another American, Ernest Greene, who goes under the name "Washed Out". This song is called "Soft", Very accessible song, I figured it was a safe add for the tape.

6 – I feel like entering a very vast and wide space in a video game like Final Fantasy, my character’s lost and saddened and I have to find a way to get him out of this. It’s like a tunnel with an attracting bright light on the other side. The feeling of emptiness created by the song is quite fascinating. Where does it come from? I’m very curious about it, it’s a very interesting track!

Wow, vivid imagery! I am a big fan of ambient music, and though I absolutely loved Kyle Bobby Dunn's latest album, it took me forever to figure out where to put this track, until I realized that it works well after the previous track. I'm really happy that you like it. It's called "Statuit" off of "Ways of Meaning"

7 – Getting slightly rock with electric guitar, but the keyboard make it in keeping with the previous track. Sounds quite 70s, enjoyable!

A tough band to hate, this is "Highway Steam" by Hooded Fang. You can thank Briggs for introducing me to them. Glad you like it.

8 – 30 seconds of bird songs, exotic ones, we’re in the middle of the Amazon forest. This is quite a mysterious tape…

You know me :P, I love my transitions/fills. For what its worth, this is by an Australian ambient guitarist who goes by the moniker "Seaworthy".

9 – Once again, sounds like a young band trying be retro. I love it, the piano part reminds me of the soundtrack of a movie I love (The Brave One). Wouldn’t be surprised if the title was ‘‘Animals’’ as all songs containing this word (Coldplay, R.E.M, Cranberries) are awesome.

Haha, close. "Tamer Animals" by Other Lives (shout out to Mike for alerting me to their existence), a band from Oklahoma that I became obsessed with this summer. Glad the tape is holding up okay for you.

10 – Wuhu finally a female voice, and a good one! Totally loved the 2 first minutes of the song but then the pitch goes higher (not sure I’m using the appropriate English word) and I find it less attractive. Plus the crescendo results on something slightly disharmonic to my ears.

My other summer obsession, most of Wye Oak's stuff stays in a pretty low register, so you'll probably like their/her (its just a two-piece) other stuff. Haha, I hadn't noticed that this was the first female singer in the mix. I usually have lots, I think... :uneasy:

11 – Great contrast with the loud end of Track 10, calm, peaceful electronic track I would easily associate to a Michel Gondry movie (piano, electro plus craziness). I like it.

Really glad you like it. It's "The Low Places" by Jon Hopkins, off of the album "Insides". He's one of my all-time favorite electronic/keyboard artists. The Michel Gondry comparison is really interesting, and I think I agree.

12 – Quite poppy/indie song, kinda repetitive (‘‘I was poor in love’’) but catchy. There’s something a bit retro at one point too, one of my fav of the mixtape.

Destroyer is almost a category of their own. Retro-pop feel but with rambling lyrics and oddly structured songs, which is what I love about this one: How there's no real verse/chorus but just a continuous simple theme. Glad you enjoy it.

13 – Very short track, 30 second, it’s all about atmosphere. Funnily I feel I already entered a similar ‘‘dreamy’’ world during a previous mixtape exchange, have you already been my mixtape maker?

Haha, I went and gave myself away with my accursed dreamy world!

Just another transition, really, though I quite enjoy the artist: Tim Hecker, who does a lot of dissonant electronic/keyboard soundscapes.

14 – Waking up with another retro beat and a female voice. I would describe them as a soft, quiet and serious version of ‘‘The Ting Tings’’ ahah.

This is "Sad Song" by Au Revoir Simone, A girls keyboard trio. Wasn't familiar with the Ting Tings, but I just looked them up and have to agree with your description lol.

15 – Extremely long instrumental song that goes crescendo. There’s something PinkFloyd-ian in the length of the track and its experimental aspect.

I've been wanting to put this on a mixtape for a long-time, but would always back down because it seemed a bit tedious. But after listening to the ending again, I decided to go for it this time. It's "The Moon is Down" by Explosions In The Sky. Not that it matters, but I love how Munaf plays the Droning sound by taping an E-bow to his guitar and using a slide: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmgu74dbec]Explosions in the Sky @ Starlight Ballroom - YouTube[/ame]

16 – Belle and Sebastian? Definitely reminds me of an old mixtape I was sent…

Haha, When I saw that I had drawn you again, I made a conscious effort to use completely different artists, but it seems I forgot when it came to B&S. the song's called "The Ghost of Rock School" (in case you didn't know, but I have a feeling you might have).

I had to reopen my zip file to remember which songs I added, and noticed that I did a crap job of erasing album artwork. Sorry about that... :(

17 – Soundtrack? I’m curious; where else can you find this kind of instrumental song taking into consideration I don’t think it’s a famous piece of classical music?

Actually it kind of is a mildly famous piece of classical music ( it's not from a soundtrack). It's a piece called "Für Alina" by Estonian composer Arvo Pärt. Obviously it's very minimalistic (he's done symphonies and a ton of choral works as well), but he's most well known for his Tintinnabuli style which comes out in this piece and another called "Spiegel im spiegel".

18 – Electro. The background noise (synth) makes it weird and kinda hard to listen to, I would have appreciated it much more if they had gotten ridden of this weird sound.

Yeah, I see how the static can be annoying. Obviously I put this track partly because of the stark transition from the quietness of the previous piece. But I also saw this band live a few weeks ago ( actually, the female singer was no longer part of the band) and felt obligated to include a track. It's "Life Magazine" by Cold Cave.

19 – The beginning totally reminds me of a song I was gonna put in my mixtape (Catherine Ringer – Pardon, if you wanna check it on youtube), and then it gets catchy. Good one.

That's really interesting. I looked up the song and the first chords are exactly the same, even the same timbre, how odd. This is "Vertiginous Boy" by British Sea Power. It was written as part of a soundtrack for an old film titled "Man of Aran".

20 – Ending on a quite country soft song. Funnily I would have started the tape with this one. I love this “and I see” repetition.

Glad you liked it, it's an interesting one. The group is called "The Books", and the song is called "Free Translator" because the odd lyrics were produced by taking phrases of Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues" and running them through a bunch of languages in a free online translator, before coming back to English. The "and I see" part is sampled from some guy in a random instructional guitar recording.

All in all, a very well made mixtape. You can feel you worked on the atmosphere and I like that. Fav tracks are definitely 9, 10, 12 and 20 :)

Thanks a lot, mixtape maker!

Thanks so much! I was really anxious making this tape because I think the tape I made for you last time was the best mixtape I've ever made...so I wanted to make something as good as that one, but I also wanted it to sound slightly different, since you've already had me, and surely didn't want the same kind of stuff all over again. I don't think I accomplished either, since you were quick to pick me out, but I'm really glad you enjoyed most of it :)

Oh, and sorry for not uploading on time. My computer was having problems, and it wouldn't upload, so I had to wait to use a different computer.

Here's the tracklist:

1. La fille aux cheveaux de lin - Claude Debussy

2. Go Out And Love Somebody - Pogo

3. Below It - Peter Broderick

4. (Clip)

5. Soft - Washed Out

6. Statuit - Kyle Bobby Dunn

7. Highway Steam - Hooded Fang

8. Dusk, 20th September 2005 - Seaworthy

9. Tamer Animals - Other Lives

10. We Were Wealth - Wye Oak

11. The Low Places - Jon Hopkins

12. Poor In Love - Destroyer

13. Palimpsest II - Tim Hecker

14. Sad Song - Au Revoir Simone

15. The Moon is Down - Explosions In The Sky

16. The Ghost of Rockschool - Belle & Sebastian

17. Fur Alina - Arvo Part

18. Life Magazine - Cold Cave

19. Boy Vertiginous - British Sea Power

20. Free Translator - The Books

http://www.mediafire.com/?dkl5j65ds54ot2o

Here's the tracklist:

1. La fille aux cheveaux de lin - Claude Debussy

2. Go Out And Love Somebody - Pogo

3. Below It - Peter Broderick

4. (Clip)

5. Soft - Washed Out

6. Statuit - Kyle Bobby Dunn

7. Highway Steam - Hooded Fang

8. Dusk, 20th September 2005 - Seaworthy

9. Tamer Animals - Other Lives

10. We Were Wealth - Wye Oak

11. The Low Places - Jon Hopkins

12. Poor In Love - Destroyer

13. Palimpsest II - Tim Hecker

14. Sad Song - Au Revoir Simone

15. The Moon is Down - Explosions In The Sky

16. The Ghost of Rockschool - Belle & Sebastian

17. Fur Alina - Arvo Part

18. Life Magazine - Cold Cave

19. Boy Vertiginous - British Sea Power

20. Free Translator - The Books

http://www.mediafire.com/?dkl5j65ds54ot2o

Tim Hecker, Explosions In The Sky, Arvo Part, The Books :wacko: Great taste!

by my bored, late night calculations. Foster The People is the most popular band thus far in the exchange, closely followed by Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, The National, and Elbow.

Agreed. There's a song by Foster the People on the tape I received.

:curtain:

Hello!!! I'm your mixtape maker!!!

Well, so here I come to review my tape entitled « Hey Sofia ! Have you heard my mixtape? »

I really appreciated this attention, that was very nice from you mixtape maker :nice:

And the artwork you created is awesome! It’s a picture taking from the back of a (chinese?) man riding a bicycle through an intense fog. On it I can read an added and colourful inscription : «Summer Sun». This was a great idea and I felt like this mixtape was gonna be full of sense and hidden messages. Did you take this picture yourself? If so you’re also a good photographer ;)

Ok, I’m done with so details! Now let’s go for music reviewing :D

This is not a chinese man, I took that picture in Dunkerque and thanks photoshop express. But thanks :blush:

And I made it to be sure to remove all the artwork. So no relation with the songs I put in the tape but it fits well with the actual weather :D.

Track 1 : Oh yes, great jazzy piano beginning… Like it so far! Electric guitar + drums = jazzy rock! Very interesting and original track, becomes faster and faster! Just grabbed me, haha I feel like I’m in an amazing rollercoaster! Wow, it seems like the musicians know what they’re doing! Great opener, seems to tell that this mixtape is going to be eclectic, I may be wrong though…

How can I make a tape without a blur track? I think it is almost impossible for me. So this is Blur - intermission. It's from their second album. You already know how I love this band and I wanted to put something from them that you couldn't recognize.

Track 2 : «chu chu chu, chupa chu» on repeat with drums, funny! This female vocalist, is giving a great rhythm. Quite a dark track I’d say. Haha, this girl seems angry! Really like the drums, they’re doing the song imo. And this little riff is great too. This song is okay, maybe a bit repetitive. I’m not really into female vocalists in general (with some excepetions) but it flows really well with the previous track.

I wasn't sure at all for this song because from what I know of your tastes you're not really enjoying femal voices. But I find this song so crazy that I had to put on the tape. Scout Niblett - Kidnapped By Neptune. Most of her songs are just /guitar/voice and more quiet. And her voice sometimes reminds me of PJ Harvey.

Track 3 : Wow, big and fast electric guitar in distorsion! A bit afraid at first to be honest, punk rock isn’t really my kind of thing. But I have to admit this song is really well done! It sounds a bit older that it maybe is, don’t know why. And, once again, the transition with the previous track is great! « Give me some looooove!! », haha I like the lyrics! I think I’ll really appreciate this one when I’ll listen to it during daylight! Thanks, I never been really into this kind of music but it’s a great track! Looking forward to know who it is :)

Not an old song at all. Graham Coxon - Gimme Some Love. Everytime I say I won't but Graham Coxon on my tape but as for Blur I can't. I love him so much. He is not a good singer but I like his voice (and he's also the man I want marry since my childhood :laugh3:)

Track 4 : Male vocalist, British accent if I’m not mistaken! Reminds me a bit Little Comets’ singer. The bass riff is great, really like it! A well constructed rock song, very dynamic! Once again, a bit «dark» but it may not be the best word to describe it. This song grows on me, I really like it. Ends with some men talking… Yeah they’re definitely British !

It's Jamie T - Salvador. As you said it's very dynamic and that's what I like in that song. I discoverd Jamie 2 years ago at a festival but I didn't like it at that moment. It's when I came back home and take time to listen that I found it was great. This song is probably my favorite.

Track 5 : « Il est sept heures du matin… Faut s’réveiller… » Hahaha yeah, I don’t remember how is called this French rock song! Really like it though! Shit, I feel ashamed right now hahaha! Anyway, I really like this late 60’s / 70’s sounding. Great choice :)

Jacqueline Taieb – 7 Heures du Matin. Isn't that a great song! French music has some beatiful treasures. I wanted to put a french song but as I really don't know if you listen to french music I chose something old. I'm glad you didn't find it bad.

Track 6 : Woot, starting with drums and a great electric guitar! Male vocalist, YAY! Really cool song, one of my fav so far! I don’t think I’ll have anything else to say, I would ruin the song haha! I can’t wait to know who it is :dance:

Portugal. The Man – Work All Day. This song is from their previous album. They've got a new one that I didn't listen yet but this is an underrated fantastic prolific band. A great atmosphere and psychédélic pop. I feel so alive when I listen to their songs.

Track 7 : Another great transition! Well done ;) Sounds like an old song, from the late 70’s or early 80’s, but I may be wrong… Good song, maybe repetitive a bit, less original than the previous ones but it works well here anyway.

You were right, it's an old song but late 80's. It's The Field Mice - Sensitive. I thought this song has it place here because if i'm not wrong you like The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart and it's sound the same. I know, it's a bit repetitive, yes, but I love those kind of song.

Track 8 : Mmmh begins with an organ, I feel like I know this song, already heard it… But where… I don’t know… Shit, the piano… I had this song in one of my previous mixtape! But I don’t remember the name of the artist :( Okay, I know, that’s really awkward… Anyway, this song is really powerful, with violins, drums, this piano riff on repeat, the guitar on distorsion and this male vocalist who is really great, very story telling! A dark track that grabs you and won’t let you go until the end. Almost a scary track to be honest, but so powerful. It ends in a brutal way too, I remember I was kinda surprised the first time I heard it.

Villagers – I Saw The Dead. I don't really know Villagers and to be honest I've heard that song for the first time two days before I finished the tape. I knew you will like it. I'm sorry you already got that song in a previous tape. Next time I will check better.

Track 9 : Like this beginning! Sounds like a synth/violin. Oh, lyrics are in a foreign language! Polish? Sorry if I’m wrong, I don’t really know which language it is! I usually have some trouble to appreciate music in a language I don’t understand but with this one it seems like you don’t have to understand the lyrics cause you feel the mood… I really like the instru, with folk and electric guitars and even some harmonica at the end. And, as usual since the beginning of this tape, it flows really well :)

Yes it is Polish. Hey – Mimo Wszystko. I don't understand a word of what she is singing but I love it so much. Even if they don't know, it's Camille (Khalplay) and one of her friends whom introduced me to that band. I don't like all of their song but they have one album that I completly fell in love with. I went to Krakow in May for 2 days and it was the perfect opportunity to buy that album that we can't find in France. No regret at all. Glad you like it a bit.

Track 10 : Oh, I really like the beginning! Love the rhythm of the guitar backwards and the bass line too… A female vocalist I instantaneously liked… Really like her voice, she’s not faking. A cool and relaxing but not boring song, me like it :nice: On my top list from this tape! Thumbs up to the bass line and guitar riff, all the instruments fit really well together, I really like it! Can’t wait to know who it is :D

Camera Obscura – James. I'm so happy you like this song. I wasn't sure at all if you could like it. I discovered them in 2009 and love them immediatly. And after 3 years I'm still listening to them a lot. I think I can say it's one of my favorite band. They don't have the best songs I ever heard but the singer voice is so beautifull and as you wrote it there is no fake in their songs. It's simple and beautiful.

Track 11 : Oh yes, sounds like a soul song :) I know this piano riff with this guitar and this bass, I just can’t remember… Here come the voices : a duet between a male and female, their voices fit well together. It seems to be a cover, a well done one! I may be wrong but… Is it Peter Gabriel??! Hahaha, Khalplay if you read this… ;) Anyway, I like this song, especially the violins. Maybe a bit long though (almost 6 minutes). But that’s ok, the flow is still great.

It's Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan – Come Undone. Isobel Campbell used to sing in Belle & Sebastian and Mark Lanegan were in the band Queens of the Stone Age. I think this is a great collaboration. Maybe it reminds you of Seal "It's a man's man's world".

Track 12 : Last one, already! A female echo-y vocalist, another « dark track », original! Oh! It changes very brutaly, it becomes « lighter » with a male vocalist who reminds me Damon Albarn. I really like it! A dreamy mood, « hello sunshine, come to my life » yes please, just come… A cool track, I like its rhythm too. Great way to end this tape !

Super Furry Animals – Hello Sunshine. Again one of my favorite band. Gruff rhys (the singer) is a wonderfull musician. I don't have much to say just that if you like this song listen more from Super Furry Animals.

Overall, I really enjoyed listening to this tape! The flow was just perfect, the tracks were original and eclectic even though I didn’t love them all. It have the strong feeling that you put a lot of efforts into my tape and I’m really glad about it. Thank you very much mixtape maker :nice:

Now, even though I may know who you are… Reveal yourself :whip:

:D

:P :kiss:

PS: sorry for the delay... But I can't believe I made it as I said I would, it still Friday here (11:59 p.m :D )

Héhé ! Bien joué!

I'm so happy you are my partner, even if it was a really stressfull time. When Violet sent me the mp with your name I read it 10 times just to be sure. At first I was so excited, full of idea. Maybe too much because I made something like 5 differents tapes and it was never Ok. I made one with songs from your year of birth but I felt that it sound too old, an other one more calm/folk/guitar to fits to your tastes (well from what I know of your tastes) but it wasn't original because it was full of singers/bands you already know. I was completly desperate at the end of the week. I finally choose to put songs I really like and let you know better a part of my actual musical world.

As I told you I love all the songs but I wasn't satisfied with the flow and I though it wasn't coherent. Finaly it's over and you don't dislike the tape, you even appreciated some songs.

Here the complet tracklist

Blur – Intermission (Modern Life Is Rubbish-1993)

Scout Niblett – Kidnapped By Neptune (Kidnapped By Neptune-2005)

Graham Coxon – Gimme Some Love (Love Travels At Illegal Speeds-2006)

Jamie T – Salvador (Panic Prevention-2007)

Jacqueline Taieb – 7 Heures du Matin (The French Mademoiselle-1967)

Portugal. The Man – Work All Day (The Satanic Satanist-2009)

The Field Mice – Sensitive (Snowball-1989)

Villagers – I Saw The Dead (Becoming A Jackal-2010)

Hey – Mimo Wszystko (Echosystem-2005)

Camera Obscura – James (My Maudlin Career-2009)

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan – Come Undone (Hawk-2010)

Super Furry Animals – Hello Sunshine (Phantom Power-2003)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bq88a2geciykr2

I suck at reviewing. So just warning my mixtape maker

Track 1-

Track 2-Very chill, his voice reminds me of Oasis. It's great.

Track 3-"she's so sweet, I don't know anything about her" that line stuck out.

Track 4-Ahhhh something a bit faster. But still chill, I love it. Love the drums in this track. Kinda reminds me of Oasis too! I like it a lot!

Track 5-Not really my cup of tea, but not bad.

Track 6-Very Indie, British indie sounding.

Track 7-It's ok

Track 8-I know this! Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová ! Love his music. Eddie, did you make this? Great choice!

Track 9-The Piano part sticks out. I love it

Track 10-Regina Spektor, another excellent choice! Love her music

Track 11-Regina again! Can never have too much of her!

Track 12-Reminds me of Jason Miraz who however his name is spelled. It's ok

Track 13-It's ok.

Track 14-Catchy, good stuff

Track 15- Reminds me of Two Gallants

Track 16-I like his voice...haha reminds me of Oasis again at first. Something about me and Oasis this morning...

Ehm, sorry, your mixtaper wasn't Eddie, but Steph :rolleyes:

Glad you like the tape, here's the tracklist:

Track 01 The Cage - Travis

Track 02 Wisdom Teeth - Frank Turner

Track 03 Last Train - Travis

Track 04 Falling Down - Oasis

Track 05 Leader of Men - Nickelback

Track 06 Long Live The Queen - Frank Turner

Track 07 74 - 75 - The Connells

Track 08 Lies - The Swell Season

Track 09 In The Morning - Fran Healy

Track 10 Consequence of sound - Regina Spektor

Track 11 Edit - Regina Spektor

Track 12 To The Light - Newton Faulkner

Track 13 She Used To Sing The Blues - Lucas Kane Hall

Track 14 Five Little Secrets - Ben Marwood

Track 15 Photographs And Histories - Isaac Graham

Track 16 If Ever I Stray - Frank Turner

Just a few notes...

No review for track 01? :( For my lovely Fran and his Travis? The guitar in this song is sth stunning.

Frank Turner: never thought about a similarity between Liam's voice and Frank's, honestly, but maybe yes, there's something similar. Happy you enjoyed his songs, he's my new hero, I love his folk style and I think he's really a great guitarist and lyricist...

And track 04 is Oasis indeed!

Track 05: I know it seems kind of an odd choice in this tape which starts indie/alternative and ends folk, with a strong piano part in the middle, but I like also some pure rock, so I decided to put it in.

And here we are with stuff you know! I've discovered Regina recently and though female voices usually do not catch me that much, she was sth different and truly amazing! The Swell Season...Great musicians, all I can say. I loved the film 'Once'.

Your review makes me really proud of my tape! I was worried cause it's my first ever so I thought I would suck at it...but you liked it, so...

Hope you'll check out some of the new artists I've included in the tape, they deserve it!

EDIT: The link, I forgot the link: http://hulkshare.com/riquggj8kizz

For Relient K you should listen to the album Forget And Not Slow Down. I don't think anything before that would really be your thing at all. Parts of this album probably won't be either, but who cares lol~

For Anathallo, Canopy Glow.

Oh, and FIF is kinda a "Christian" band but they're super cool about it and it's often not obvious or not there at all. They were just cool kids mang. Heck, they even had songs bashing Christians and Christian music and homophobes. :awesome: (bash is probably the wrong word lolz)

They were basically both the most respected and despised in the scene. :nod:

If I were to go based on albums as a whole I would probably suggest The End Is Near or Electric Boogaloo?

Even thought you like The Untimely Death Of Brad I'm not sure you'd like them. :anxious:

This is what I hate about mixtapes, when people check things out and the track you used was different from the rest or something or and they end up not liking them. :anxious:

edit: please don't tell me what you think about them or even that you checked them out or even mention anything because i'll probably throw up all over the place and/or pass out momentarily. I am completely serious. i'm already almost having a panic attack just from the fact that i got a review :|

i haven't been able to be proud of myself for actually doing this yet even though i should be very much so haha

right now i'm just like "k crests let's never go on coldplaying ever again"

i was for sure never gonna come in this thread again but then i remembered i still have to post my review. D:

I feel like I look so melodramatic. :|

:lol: I love this post.

But seriously, thanks for the tape, I did enjoy it and for the band info as well! My name's Mo btw, nice to meet you :nice:

Dear mixtape maker, just to let you know that you didn't remove all tags completely. So, erm, I might be biased.

My absolute lousy review:

1- First track sounds like some rap/hip-hop song.. I'm not a fan. Rap/hip hop music irritates me. The "oh oh oh" part got stuck in my head though. OMG~

2- Oh! I know this one! Pumped Up Kids by Foster the People. Great tune. I recently just got into them. This is my fav song by them. Catchy song!

3- OMG. Sounds like another rap/hip-hop song! I've attempted to press the "next" button a few times. But this song sounds better than the first song.. R&B music is acceptable to my ears :P

4- This is The Stroke's Under Cover Of Darkness. Great one! :)

5- Song kicks off with lovely piano sound..a hoarse male vocal comes in..heard some trumpet. Lovely tune! I like.

6- Some mandolin sounds, I think.. Female vocal, very easy-listening.

7- The guy has a good voice. Love the strings and the build-up on this. I like.

8- A female voice, singing in a language I don't understand. This song gets heavier at the ending. I like.

9- "Trouble Is A Friend" by Lenka.. Well, I didn't know it was a Lenka song at first. I googled the song "Trouble Is A Friend" and found out and I was like :|I'm listening to Lenka! OMG! No offense. It was just ok.

10- Veronica Maggio, singing in a language I don't understand. Pretty good vocals.

11- Definitely know this one. My Iron Lung by Radiohead. Brilliant song.

12- Another rap song! I'm feeling sick. I'm sorry, really.

Thank you to my mixtape maker. I'm sorry I didn't really like the rap/hip-hop songs, I'm just not into this kind of music. But I do like some of the songs.

This. :| They're not just popular in this exchange thing, they're also becoming more famous in the mainstream scene too. :|

Wow. :|

:wacky: They don't have much stuff yet but they seem very promising, I can't wait for an album release!

YES! I LOVE them! :wacky: They're gonna be HUGE! I heard the new album will most probably be out next year in Jan/Feb. OMG! I can't wait!