✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the lateness, I did enjoy my mixtape however I knew a few of the songs and a fair few still had the album art on...

1) Spanish Sahara by Foals, an absolutely amazing song, I love it. A great start to a mixtape.

2) I know this as well, The Doberman by Kasabian, a good song, not one of their best.

3) I don't know this one, but there is album art which says 'The Middle east'...is that the band or what? :L A good song, acoustic, nice and chilled out, the music I am in to.

4) ANOTHER song I know, but yet again, a good song. Friendly fires- White Diamonds!!!

5) A folky song, I really like this. Is it by the same guy who sings Trouble? Ray somebody...

6) Female vocals. And I love the drums on this, lovely! :)

7) I don't mind this, a pretty good up beat rocky song. Quite catchy, just a bit generic.

8) Another song I know, with album art, It is 30 Seconds to Mars- Alibi. I quite like 30 seconds to mars although a lot of their songs can be quite boring and samey, I do like this one!

9) Another acoustic song, this is good! :D

10) Probably my favourite on the mixtape, it sounds like Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol, I think it is him...but I don't know the song!

11) Another good song...I recognize the voice, I think! Is it David Gray??? I think it is.

Well...thank you mix tape maker, I did enjoy the mix tape, however I do wish you would have looked at my Last.fm...which is in my sig, and look at the bands I already listen to.

But thank you!!! :D

Oh, I like the artwork. :cheesy:

What is Boxon mixtape supposed to mean?

1. So at first I was like "this reminds me of Michael Jackson lol" and then I heard the words "smooth criminal" and I was like "I'M A GENIUS". I've never actually listened to this song before. I love this. A lot. :|

2. I'm gonna kick someone in the face because I swear I know who this girl is hfjdsahgkag. I'm guessing whoever it is is Irish based off cause I listen to a lot of celtic punk and the accent and stuff kinda reminds me of it. :|

3. This is in French. I am now angry because I went through a short obsession with music in French and basically was an expert in it but I can't recognize this. HORN SECTION. Yay.

I am absolutely not rocking back and forth as I listen to this. :|

4. So this is apparently by "VAMPS" or whatever. YOU ARE SUCH A FAILURE AT DELETING INFORMATION GET OUT OF MY LIFE. It doesn't have the title though. I didn't like it at first but then at about 50 seconds it became awesome. I fail at describing things by the way so you just get random comments from me I guess. I am sitting on my floor wearing ridiculous sunglasses and a hat, I'm totally all prepared for this. Actually the hat is holding onto these awful headphones because they keep falling off my head and I just found these glasses on the floor. wait do I hear another horn or am i crazy omg horns can I just marry horns. These sunglasses are like awful cat eye things. Right now I guess I've neutral towards this song but I think it will grow on me. Yup. That first "yeah" at the end sounded exactly like Reese Roper like omg.

TRACK FIVE. I think a ghost snuck into my mixtape. I keep thinking this girl is singing in French. xD I JUST REMEMBERED WHO THIS REMINDS ME OF BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME ;_____; I swear I know who this is life sucks ANGST. I like it, it sounds a bit older but I'unno man. Oh my god I just found this duck bill mask thingy that is so awesome I am going to put it on immediately.

6~ What on earth with like a minute in, there's singing in like a voice that sounds like power metal or glam metalish or whatever I forget OKAY?! I can't help but laugh because it reminds me of Reese Roper's Stryper impression. Wow, 6 songs in and I've already mention Reese Roper twice. Or three times if you count that. I like the other vocals though. Not sure what I think about it. Half the time I love it and half the time I don't. Haha, if you play just like a second of a random spot of this song it sounds like a horn. :|

Sneve. This mixtape sounds so old but I don't know if the stuff is actually old or if it's new bands trying to sound old. The percussion or whatever the word is that starts after a bit reminds me so freaking much of Anathallo. This voice kinda makes me want to pick up this pen I just found on the floor ad snap it in half but that wouldn't end well.

8. Beginning reminds me of Brave Saint Saturn kinda hahaha. Oh crap, does that count as another Reese Roper reference? So is the score 4 or 5 now or what? :|

French again. I actually understand a lot of this am I a genius or what.

Oh my god I found another maskish thing it's a cat nose and mouth or something, sharing a bedroom with people is amusing. Wait when did the duck bill move up to my forehead WHAT HAVE I DONE.

It seems writing reviews while I listen to my mixtape for the first time is a bad idea :|

Nein. I am genuinely frightened.

10. I found a Chatimal or whatever it's called on the floor just now. I am sitting here having it listen to this song and play it back to me. Many lulz were had. Meh, this song doesn't suck but it's kinda boring.

Elven. It starts off pretty like a music box. :3

The vocals are pretty.

This song is pretty.

Yeah.

Pretty is probably the wrong word now that I think of it.

12. I was like "WHAT IS GOING ON" but then I realized iTunes had come on and was playing track 11 at the same time. The vocals in this make me laugh haha. Also sounds oldish. Welp. SO MANY MINUTES I don't have the attention span for this maaaaaaaaaaan. I rather like this though actually. xD

LAST SONG. omg it's this song hjhgkjahgadgjkfg I've never heard the real version I remember this from elementary school I loved it so much haha I think when I was in choir because I wanted pizza this was one of the song we sang. This makes me happy.

I think overall I'd give this mixtape a 7 out of 10, I have no idea who you are haha.

My favourite is probably the first one. It won't get out of my head. :disappointed:

Oh my that was an awful review. :|

Okay, time for review. Sorry if it’s not that precise, complete or whatever, I tried my best…

Track 01 / m: Indian thing with something jazz to it, very cool groove to start with.

Track 02 / i: Instrumental one, again something jazz...I can hear kind of an oriental touch in the sound...but why does it stop that suddenly?

Track 03 / x: Cee Lo Green, Fuck You! Hope that ‘you’ is not me haha. Anyway, I knew it and I really like it though Cee Lo Green’s music is not my cup of tea, it’s such a liberating song!

Track 04 / i: The very beginning reminds me of The Vaccines...then also a bit of Scouting for Girls...Good rhythm, energetic song. Good drum beat.

Track 05 / n: Without all those ah ah ah ah ah the song would be definitely better XD However, cool song, fresh and summerish stuff.

Track 06 / d: First of a series of very evocative tunes. I like the way the voice seems to come from afar, as if it was brought by the wind he mentions.

Track 07 / a: The beginning of this song sounds so familiar to me, but I cannot figure out why, it must be similar to some other song I know...anyway not bad but it becomes a bit repetitive from a certain point on.

Track 08 / t: Beautiful folk song, gentle vocals. Maybe, again, all those ah aaaaah are not necessary, they seem kind of odd in such a simple song with this folk sound. The guitar is perfect. The non-deleted information says Queen...I should have recognised Mercury’s voice.

Track 09 / s: First thought: love the guitaaaaar! Its sound and the singer’s warm voice make this song one of the best of the tape.

Track 10 / h: Is it a xylophone what I hear? I’m not sure I like it, it kind of becomes annoying from a certain point on. The guys have very warm voices though.

Track 11 / i: What I like the most of this song are the instrumental parts, they trigger a lot of different emotions, both positive and negative. I cannot explain properly, but let’s say it’s almost the same sensation I have when listening to Politik...almost. On the other hand, the blurred vocals are so relaxing.

Track 12 / t: Another instrumental, another evocative melody, very relaxing and emotional at the same time. Perfect to listen to with the wind coming in from my window.

To sum up: I’d have never expected that a tape which starts energetic and cool could end up so evocative and emotional, I thought it would be a ‘light’ mix, but when I got to the end, I just had to change my mind. So, good job, dear mixtaper! I’m pretty sure I’ll check out some of the artists you put in the mix.

I changed that at the last moment, actually. Hi, my name's William, and I made your mixtape :)

Great summary, that's actually what a lot of music critics said about the album as a whole. It's the opening track there too and it's by Justin Vernon, better known as Bon Iver. The song is called Perth.

You're right! Not a harmonica, though, it's an accordion. Great song, one of their best; Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #2 (Laika) from their debut Funeral.

Actually, it's more like a 6 man duo :P It’s recorded in a studio I think, pretty much all of their songs have that sound, though. Love them. Fleet Foxes – The Plains/Bitter Dancer.

I love that, it sounds like something in between Regina Spektor and St. Vincent. One of my favorites this year; Emmy The Great – a woman, a woman, a century of sleep.

Gillian Welch is the queen of Americana :wacky: The Way It Goes.

I like that that's slotted as a positive boon :P The Decemberists - Sleepless off Dark Was The Night, which btw is one of the best Indie compilations ever.

You're very wrong, it's Norwegian :lol: Granted, a dialect.

He's a brilliant lyricist, you'll just have to take my word for it, haha.

These guys are called Dunderhonning, and are pretty big on the national Indie scene, but practically unheard of abroad.

I like how you said the piano is good 3 times :tongue: Glad you liked it, it's one of my favorite songs as well. The National - Exile Vilify.

This is my favorite Norwegian artist, Susanne Sundfør :awesome: She's the greatest thing to come out of this country in years.

Not familiar with Aqualung. This is Radiohead, though. Pyramid Song

Normally I wouldn't someone to Elbow with a b-side, but I really love this one. It's called Buffalo Ghosts :nice:

Band of Horses - The Funeral

Sorry about that :\ usually I make my mixtapes like 18 tracks, but this time I thought I'd make a short, compact one. Here are a few tracks I left off if you're interested:

The Black Keys - Psychotic Girl

The National - Slipping Husband

Eleanor Friedberger - Inn Of the Seventh Ray

Bill Callahan - Drover

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Paris (Oh La La)

Thank you :) That's more than I hoped for.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/61pqy0

Tracklisting:

-Great Big Sky, Down To The Ground

1. Bon Iver - Perth | Bon Iver, Bon Iver (2011)

2. Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #2 (Laika) | Funeral (2004)

3. Fleet Foxes - The Plains/Bitter Dancer | Helplessness Blues (2011)

4. Emmy The Great - A Woman, A Woman, A Century of Sleep | Virtue (2011)

5. Gillian Welch - The Way It Goes | The Harrow and the Harvest (2011)

6. The Decemberists - Sleepless | Dark Was The Night (2009)

7. Dunderhonning - Bølgeskum | Sakte Ut Av Fokus (2010)

8. The National - Exile Vilify | Exile Vilify (2011)

9. Susanne Sundfør - O Master | The Brothel (2010)

10. Radiohead - Pyramid Song | Amnesiac (2001)

11. Elbow - Buffalo Ghost | Open Arms (2011)

12. Band Of Horses - The Funeral | Everything All The Time (2006)

Hi William! I’m sorry if I made you wait for my reply, I didn’t see your post earlier. Thanks for the tracklist and introducing these artists to me. :D And I'll listen to your requested songs soon. ;)

:curtain:

Hello!!! I'm your mixtape maker!!!

I'm so happy you are my partner, even if it was a really stressfull time. When Violet sent me the mp with your name I read it 10 times just to be sure. At first I was so excited, full of idea. Maybe too much because I made something like 5 differents tapes and it was never Ok. I made one with songs from your year of birth but I felt that it sound too old, an other one more calm/folk/guitar to fits to your tastes (well from what I know of your tastes) but it wasn't original because it was full of singers/bands you already know. I was completly desperate at the end of the week. I finally choose to put songs I really like and let you know better a part of my actual musical world.

As I told you I love all the songs but I wasn't satisfied with the flow and I though it wasn't coherent. Finaly it's over and you don't dislike the tape, you even appreciated some songs.

Here the complet tracklist

Blur – Intermission (Modern Life Is Rubbish-1993)

Scout Niblett – Kidnapped By Neptune (Kidnapped By Neptune-2005)

Graham Coxon – Gimme Some Love (Love Travels At Illegal Speeds-2006)

Jamie T – Salvador (Panic Prevention-2007)

Jacqueline Taieb – 7 Heures du Matin (The French Mademoiselle-1967)

Portugal. The Man – Work All Day (The Satanic Satanist-2009)

The Field Mice – Sensitive (Snowball-1989)

Villagers – I Saw The Dead (Becoming A Jackal-2010)

Hey – Mimo Wszystko (Echosystem-2005)

Camera Obscura – James (My Maudlin Career-2009)

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan – Come Undone (Hawk-2010)

Super Furry Animals – Hello Sunshine (Phantom Power-2003)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bq88a2geciykr2

HAHAHAHA!! My guess was right!! First time it happens to me :D

When I finished my second listening and my review I just thought "well, this is either Camille or Louise... Yeah, Louise!" :)

I'm really honoured to know you were that glad when you knew I was your partner :wacky:

Anyway, I'm really happy you were my partner too! It's great you chose to put what YOU like, you did really well. As I said, the flow was awesomely great and, even though I didn't love all the songs the same way, I can't tell there was a song I hated or even disliked :)

You have great tastes and I really thank you for letting me discover your musical universe. You did that once and it was such a success (Noah And The Whale... Can't thank you enough :heart: ) so I'm happy it happened once again.

Now, a few comments about the songs...

I don't know Blur and Graham Coxon very well but I know how much you love them and I think I'll definitely take the time to check out more of them :)

And the other night I just watched a Blur gig (in Paris, at Le Bataclan I think) on TV (I thought of you haha) and I think this song was the opener... I may be wrong though, it was really late, but I did enjoy the show ;)

I think I'll also check out Jamie T and Portugal. The Man, really like the atmosphere of their tracks!

No probs about Villagers, as I said it took me some time to recognize the track, it's a great thing I got to listen to it again :)

Haha, I almost said track 9 was Hey! but as I wasn't sure I just didn't mentioned it :rolleyes: Camille gave me some Youtube links to their songs and lives and I really liked their stuff but didn't checked out their work. I think this may be a great opportunity to do so.

Yeah, you're right, I'm not really into female vocalists (just remembered our queuing conversation hahaha ;) ) but Camera Obscura's singer is gonna be into my little list I think...

Super Furry Animals! I think you told me about them and Gruff Rhys once... Anyway, I heard the name of this band but never checked out their stuff. Huge mistake!

And :thumbsup: for the artwork, your picture is great! I do the same delete the artwork of the songs I put in my tapes.

Well, I'm done!! Once again, thank you very much!!!

Oh God, I'll have so many bands to check out, I don't even know where I'll start...

And yeah, I'm SO sorry about my answering delay, I just spent my life at work lately (literally, I'm not kidding)

Sorry for the lateness, I did enjoy my mixtape however I knew a few of the songs and a fair few still had the album art on...

1) Spanish Sahara by Foals, an absolutely amazing song, I love it. A great start to a mixtape.

2) I know this as well, The Doberman by Kasabian, a good song, not one of their best.

3) I don't know this one, but there is album art which says 'The Middle east'...is that the band or what? :L A good song, acoustic, nice and chilled out, the music I am in to.

4) ANOTHER song I know, but yet again, a good song. Friendly fires- White Diamonds!!!

5) A folky song, I really like this. Is it by the same guy who sings Trouble? Ray somebody...

6) Female vocals. And I love the drums on this, lovely! :)

7) I don't mind this, a pretty good up beat rocky song. Quite catchy, just a bit generic.

8) Another song I know, with album art, It is 30 Seconds to Mars- Alibi. I quite like 30 seconds to mars although a lot of their songs can be quite boring and samey, I do like this one!

9) Another acoustic song, this is good! :D

10) Probably my favourite on the mixtape, it sounds like Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol, I think it is him...but I don't know the song!

11) Another good song...I recognize the voice, I think! Is it David Gray??? I think it is.

Well...thank you mix tape maker, I did enjoy the mix tape, however I do wish you would have looked at my Last.fm...which is in my sig, and look at the bands I already listen to.

But thank you!!! :D

It was mine

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAZT6RAP

1-Spanish Sahara by The Foals

2-The Doberman by Kasabian

3-Blood-The Middle East

4-White Diamonds-Friendly Fires

5-Empty-Ray LaMontagne

6-Elements-A Fine Frenzy

7-Quiet Little Voices-We Were Promised Jetpacks

8-Alibi-30 Seconds to Mars

9-Soviets-The Boxer Rebellion

10-Pieces- Tired Pony

11-Sail Away-David Gray

So yeah, never received a tape. If anyone hasn't gotten a review yet, feel free to pm me.

Yeah, actually, I'm working on that. Someone PMed me earlier today about a lack of a review, and I've asked her if I can give her tape to you. I'm waiting to get her permission, but I don't think it'll be a problem, and she's very prompt. As soon as I get the A-OK from her, I'll get that tape to you.

Yeah, actually, I'm working on that. Someone PMed me earlier today about a lack of a review, and I've asked her if I can give her tape to you. I'm waiting to get her permission, but I don't think it'll be a problem, and she's very prompt. As soon as I get the A-OK from her, I'll get that tape to you.

Oh, cool. That way it would still be anonymous.

Hey, I made your tape! Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, school just started and I've been a bit asdf;lkj if you understand my meaning

Okay, time for review. Sorry if it’s not that precise, complete or whatever, I tried my best…

Track 01 / m: Indian thing with something jazz to it, very cool groove to start with.

yeah! glad you liked it! This is Remember Shakti, an Indian-jazz-fusion band, with a live track called Luki. They're super good, but I can't find any of their stuff besides this live CD my dad has :thinking: anyway, yeah. Great song. :nice:

Track 02 / i: Instrumental one, again something jazz...I can hear kind of an oriental touch in the sound...but why does it stop that suddenly?

This is a cover of The Beatles' Blackbird by Jaco Pastorious, who was the greatest bassist ever. I think that on the album it flows into the next track, or something. I know the jump you mean, though. :\ it was annoying putting such a not-smooth transition into the tape, but you gotta make sacrifices for good songs. siiighhh

Track 03 / x: Cee Lo Green, Fuck You! Hope that ‘you’ is not me haha. Anyway, I knew it and I really like it though Cee Lo Green’s music is not my cup of tea, it’s such a liberating song!

Haha yeah, I don't like much of his stuff but this song is really great and catchy and yeah. (It was sort of a theme song of a summer program I went to this summer as well, so I have very fond memories of it.) Figured it went well with all this peppy stuff I put in at the beginning.

Track 04 / i: The very beginning reminds me of The Vaccines...then also a bit of Scouting for Girls...Good rhythm, energetic song. Good drum beat.

The Way My Heartbeats by Good Shoes. Good band, but I only like their first album and other random early work like this (ie don't get their other albums, cuz they're kinda boring)

Track 05 / n: Without all those ah ah ah ah ah the song would be definitely better XD However, cool song, fresh and summerish stuff.

Haha, I like them, but I can see where you're coming from with the annoyance at them. This is by Sleigh Bells, which is a really good noise pop duo, but the rest of their work is really unlike this and, you know, noise-poppy. It's kind of like a Warhead for music -- it's sort of unpleasant on the surface but then you realize all the sweet tasty goodness and it's nice. This song is probably their nicest to listen to/most accessible. It's called Rill Rill.

Track 06 / d: First of a series of very evocative tunes. I like the way the voice seems to come from afar, as if it was brought by the wind he mentions.

Blessa by Toro Y Moi, off the album Causers of This. If you had to get one album from this mixtape it should be this. It's such a good chill-out album to listen to. :nice:

Track 07 / a: The beginning of this song sounds so familiar to me, but I cannot figure out why, it must be similar to some other song I know...anyway not bad but it becomes a bit repetitive from a certain point on.

the repetition makes it good! Flourescent Grey by Deerhunter. (Deerhunter does a lot of repetitive stuff, cuz they're all trippy and friggin' terrific.) I recommend listening to Nothing Ever Happens, that was the first song by them that I really liked (and it's awesome). If you like that you should get some of their albums. (Not the first! The first is terrible.)

Track 08 / t: Beautiful folk song, gentle vocals. Maybe, again, all those ah aaaaah are not necessary, they seem kind of odd in such a simple song with this folk sound. The guitar is perfect. The non-deleted information says Queen...I should have recognised Mercury’s voice.

Sorry about not deleting that! I can't always get all the track information to delete and I was running on a deadline. :\ Anyway, makes categorizing it easier, I guess. (The song's name is '39 btw.) Also, don't feel bad about not recognizing Freddie's voice, because he's not actually the lead singer on this track! :lol: Brian May (the guitarist), who's a physicist, wrote this song supposedly about the effects of Special Relativity, which I think is pretty neat, because physics is great. He does the lead vocals on this one (Freddie's in the background along with Roger Taylor, the drummer, but yanno, not that recognizably or anything. So don't feel bad about not recognizing his voice, haha!)

Track 09 / s: First thought: love the guitaaaaar! Its sound and the singer’s warm voice make this song one of the best of the tape.

Really glad you like this song! I love it so much, it's so purty and beautiful. <3 The Ghost Inside Our House by Cloud Cult, off the album Feel Good Ghosts. You know how I said to get Causers of This if nothing else? Actually, you should get Feel Good Ghosts. (Or preferably both of them.)

Track 10 / h: Is it a xylophone what I hear? I’m not sure I like it, it kind of becomes annoying from a certain point on. The guys have very warm voices though.

VCR by The XX. I think those are vibes, not a xylophone, but I'm unsure. (I don't really know my struck idiophones by sound very well, lulz.) I love this album as well (it's self titled, so it's XX by The XX). It's very calming and chill-outty. I recommend it as well (but not as much as Feel Good Ghosts or Causers of This.)

Track 11 / i: What I like the most of this song are the instrumental parts, they trigger a lot of different emotions, both positive and negative. I cannot explain properly, but let’s say it’s almost the same sensation I have when listening to Politik...almost. On the other hand, the blurred vocals are so relaxing.

Yeah, I actually know exactly what you mean. Some of the guitar stuff is just like AUGH I'M SO LONELY AND SAD, and some of it is sort of optimistic and beautiful and so on, and the vocals are all sort of languid and existentially messed up or whatever, and it's all sort of conflicting and aldfkjasf, but in a good way! I'm glad you get the same idea out of it as I do (and that you like it!!) :P This song is Line of Best Fit by Death Cab For Cutie, off their first (and in my, but not many others' opinion, best) album, Something About Airplanes, which is a beautiful album, also highly recommended.

Track 12 / t: Another instrumental, another evocative melody, very relaxing and emotional at the same time. Perfect to listen to with the wind coming in from my window.

Infinite Horizons by God is an Astronaut, off a very very good album called All Is Violent, All Is Bright. (The whole album is instrumental -- I think for the most part they're an entirely instrumental band except for maybe ooooh's in some of the songs or what have you.) Basically, all the songs where I named the albums they're from, I think you should look into the album more. :D

To sum up: I’d have never expected that a tape which starts energetic and cool could end up so evocative and emotional, I thought it would be a ‘light’ mix, but when I got to the end, I just had to change my mind. So, good job, dear mixtaper! I’m pretty sure I’ll check out some of the artists you put in the mix.

Hehe, I'm glad you picked up on the flow I gave it. A lot of the time I work for hours on making a tape with really great emotional flow to it and my reviewer is just like, "hurr durr I won't even notice or mention it" :shifty: I'm super glad you liked it (or it at least seems like you liked most of it from your review)!!

Hey, I made your tape! Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, school just started and I've been a bit asdf;lkj if you understand my meaning

[...]

Hehe, I'm glad you picked up on the flow I gave it. A lot of the time I work for hours on making a tape with really great emotional flow to it and my reviewer is just like, "hurr durr I won't even notice or mention it" :shifty: I'm super glad you liked it (or it at least seems like you liked most of it from your review)!!

I definitely liked it, some songs more than other ones, but it was very good overall! (You know, I wanted my mixtaper to put what s/he wanted in the mix, but in this way you can get things you totally dislike... BUT I was lucky ;) )

For the time being, I'll focus on Causers of This, Feel Good Ghosts and Something About Airplanes, which I think I'll like the most, because of the music I usually like. I'll keep you posted ;) Cheers

I started out with this one largely because it's a prelude (by Debussy: la fille aux cheveaux de lin) but I also liked the idea of a calm, formal beginning. Plus it meshes well with the next track. I became really attached to this track this summer, and just started learning it on the piano.

Shame on me I don't know classical music enough to recognize this very french composer...

This is by Peter Broderick who is an American known more for his piano works, but funny enough, he did spend time playing with the Danish band Efterklang, so maybe there's something in your comparison.

Ahhh wasn't this far then :D

Whoops, sorry about that. I forgot to change the file type before uploading. however, you didn't really miss anything. It was just a 40 second transitional clip of sounds around my campus, so no actual music. Sounds interesting though, that fits the ''experimental'' aspect of your mixtapes quite well I think... next time ;)

Haha, close. "Tamer Animals" by Other Lives (shout out to Mike for alerting me to their existence), a band from Oklahoma that I became obsessed with this summer. Glad the tape is holding up okay for you.

Def the best one!

Haha, I went and gave myself away with my accursed dreamy world!

Just another transition, really, though I quite enjoy the artist: Tim Hecker, who does a lot of dissonant electronic/keyboard soundscapes.

I definitely knew it was you when I heard all these transitions, I would have been very surprised if you weren't my mixtape maker cause I was thinking ''wow this is SO CLOSE to my previous mixtape'' (I missed mixtape#9 ;) )

I had to reopen my zip file to remember which songs I added, and noticed that I did a crap job of erasing album artwork. Sorry about that... :(

Didn't see any album artwork so no prob' :D I could see "Other Lives" though but that didn't prevent me from enjoying the song. Didn't know them anyway.

Actually it kind of is a mildly famous piece of classical music ( it's not from a soundtrack). It's a piece called "Für Alina" by Estonian composer Arvo Pärt. Obviously it's very minimalistic (he's done symphonies and a ton of choral works as well), but he's most well known for his Tintinnabuli style which comes out in this piece and another called "Spiegel im spiegel".

Oh alright, the ''minimalistic'' aspect of the song - as you said - led me to think it wasn't, but I see I'm wrong, sorry about that.

Glad you liked it, it's an interesting one. The group is called "The Books", and the song is called "Free Translator" because the odd lyrics were produced by taking phrases of Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues" and running them through a bunch of languages in a free online translator, before coming back to English. The "and I see" part is sampled from some guy in a random instructional guitar recording.

I totally thought of Bob when I listened to it :stunned: I thought it was just a wrong feeling influenced by the fact I saw him live not so long ago, but apparently I was right hehe... I like this idea a lot!

Thanks so much! I was really anxious making this tape because I think the tape I made for you last time was the best mixtape I've ever made...so I wanted to make something as good as that one, but I also wanted it to sound slightly different, since you've already had me, and surely didn't want the same kind of stuff all over again. I don't think I accomplished either, since you were quick to pick me out, but I'm really glad you enjoyed most of it :)

Thank YOU, I always appreciate the fact your mixtapes flow fluently, you can hear you work a lot on transitions and this is appreciable :)

:)

Oh, I like the artwork. :cheesy:

Salut :D

I like it too, isn't Chewbacca so cute?

What is Boxon mixtape supposed to mean?

Oh well, "boxon" means "mess" in French so it's like a messy French mixtape. Gave that title randomly as I wasn't much inspired.

1. So at first I was like "this reminds me of Michael Jackson lol" and then I heard the words "smooth criminal" and I was like "I'M A GENIUS". I've never actually listened to this song before. I love this. A lot. :|

You're a genius Crests :D But how can you not know Smooth Criminal?

2. I'm gonna kick someone in the face because I swear I know who this girl is hfjdsahgkag. I'm guessing whoever it is is Irish based off cause I listen to a lot of celtic punk and the accent and stuff kinda reminds me of it. :|

The Cranberries, Irish indeed.

3. This is in French. I am now angry because I went through a short obsession with music in French and basically was an expert in it but I can't recognize this. HORN SECTION. Yay.

I am absolutely not rocking back and forth as I listen to this. :|

Ahhh then you've gotta learn your classics cause Jane Birkin (born in England but lives in France) is famously known here, esp with this song.

4. So this is apparently by "VAMPS" or whatever. YOU ARE SUCH A FAILURE AT DELETING INFORMATION GET OUT OF MY LIFE.

* leaving * :cry: Can't help, I did delete it but apparently Windows users can still see the artist. Well, you mustn't know them anyway, they're Japanese :P

Buy a mac :D

TRACK FIVE. I think a ghost snuck into my mixtape. I keep thinking this girl is singing in French. xD I JUST REMEMBERED WHO THIS REMINDS ME OF BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME ;_____; I swear I know who this is life sucks ANGST. I like it, it sounds a bit older but I'unno man. Oh my god I just found this duck bill mask thingy that is so awesome I am going to put it on immediately.

GOSSIP, Beth Ditto... not too old as you must know. Thanks for the funny comment on what you're doing by the way:D

6~ What on earth with like a minute in, there's singing in like a voice that sounds like power metal or glam metalish or whatever I forget OKAY?! I can't help but laugh because it reminds me of Reese Roper's Stryper impression. Wow, 6 songs in and I've already mention Reese Roper twice. Or three times if you count that. I like the other vocals though. Not sure what I think about it. Half the time I love it and half the time I don't. Haha, if you play just like a second of a random spot of this song it sounds like a horn. :|

No idea of who your Reese Roper is (?). The voice you dislike is none other than Axl Rose's, and the one you like is that of the bassist of Guns: Duff. This is actually a Guns N' Roses song. Hard Rock, so...:D

Sneve. This mixtape sounds so old but I don't know if the stuff is actually old or if it's new bands trying to sound old. The percussion or whatever the word is that starts after a bit reminds me so freaking much of Anathallo. This voice kinda makes me want to pick up this pen I just found on the floor ad snap it in half but that wouldn't end well.

The Kills, so it's rather your second choice.

8. Beginning reminds me of Brave Saint Saturn kinda hahaha. Oh crap, does that count as another Reese Roper reference? So is the score 4 or 5 now or what? :|

French again. I actually understand a lot of this am I a genius or what.

Oh my god I found another maskish thing it's a cat nose and mouth or something, sharing a bedroom with people is amusing. Wait when did the duck bill move up to my forehead WHAT HAVE I DONE.

It seems writing reviews while I listen to my mixtape for the first time is a bad idea :|

Glad you could understand some words cause I didn't wanna put too many French song you wouldn't understand, let's say this count as an English song then...

Nein. I am genuinely frightened.

:D Guess I should have sent that to someone who could understand French...

10. I found a Chatimal or whatever it's called on the floor just now. I am sitting here having it listen to this song and play it back to me. Many lulz were had. Meh, this song doesn't suck but it's kinda boring.

Wow you don't recognize Michael Jackson (right, let's say you ''half'' recognized him) and now PINK FLOYD... Surprising but at least I'm proud I introduced you to the most famous bands on Earth, Jackson, Guns and now the Floyds :D

Elven. It starts off pretty like a music box. :3

The vocals are pretty.

This song is pretty.

Yeah.

Pretty is probably the wrong word now that I think of it.

12. I was like "WHAT IS GOING ON" but then I realized iTunes had come on and was playing track 11 at the same time. The vocals in this make me laugh haha. Also sounds oldish. Welp. SO MANY MINUTES I don't have the attention span for this maaaaaaaaaaan. I rather like this though actually. xD

That's the voice you disliked in Track 6: Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses. Track 6 was one of their only track where Axl doesn't appear as the lead singer. Back to normal with this track. Sorry it was too long.

LAST SONG. omg it's this song hjhgkjahgadgjkfg I've never heard the real version I remember this from elementary school I loved it so much haha I think when I was in choir because I wanted pizza this was one of the song we sang. This makes me happy.

IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? How old are you :stunned: ? This song belongs to the OST of the Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King, so it was made in 2003...

Oh my that was an awful review. :|

Nah. That was a funny one actually ahah.

Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (Best Of)

The Cranberries - Wanted (Everybody Else Is Doing It)

Jane Birkin - La Gadoue (Versions Jane)

Vamps - Revolution (Beast)

Gossip - Keeping You Alive (Standing In The Way Of Control)

Guns N' Roses - 14 Years (Use Your Illusion II)

The Kills - DNA (Blood Pressures)

Pravda - A L'Ouest (A L'Ouest)

Catherine Ringer - Punk 103 (Ring N' Roll)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here)

Orange Blossom - Souffrance (Everything Must Change)

Guns N' Roses - Estranged (Use Your Illusion II)

Annie Lennox/Howard Shore - Into The West (Lord Of The Rings Soundtrack)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E20PKPEC

I definitely liked it, some songs more than other ones, but it was very good overall! (You know, I wanted my mixtaper to put what s/he wanted in the mix, but in this way you can get things you totally dislike... BUT I was lucky ;) )

For the time being, I'll focus on Causers of This, Feel Good Ghosts and Something About Airplanes, which I think I'll like the most, because of the music I usually like. I'll keep you posted ;) Cheers

Ooh, please do! I'd be super happy if I got you into them :nice:

It was mine

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAZT6RAP

1-Spanish Sahara by The Foals

2-The Doberman by Kasabian

3-Blood-The Middle East

4-White Diamonds-Friendly Fires

5-Empty-Ray LaMontagne

6-Elements-A Fine Frenzy

7-Quiet Little Voices-We Were Promised Jetpacks

8-Alibi-30 Seconds to Mars

9-Soviets-The Boxer Rebellion