✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeeey :D it’s time for my review…..

Sorry if I’m a bit late :(

Okay, so may I just start with saying that i love my mixtape?

This is probably the best one I’v gotten so far on this site… there wasn’t a track on here that i didn’t like, and they flow well with etachother !

Well let’s start then, shall we?

Track 1

At firt when the song started I thought it was Elbow but i soon realised that it wasn’t them! It seems to be about a guy who was in love with someone but they split up and suddenly the life he used to live dousn’t make sense anymore. I like how it start off so simple with only the keybord (or whatever) in the background and the builds itself up! And from 1:30 and on it’s just really great :)

Track 2

Is this The Editors? I don’t know them that well but this guy sounds a little bit like the lead singer and it could be their sound :shrug: either way he’s got a good voice and I really like the whole feel to the song!! This is also about a relationship not working out, they’r together but there is nothing left between them to hold on to as he sings ” Love will tear us apart, again”

Track 3

I’m feeling some kind of girlpower going on here! The woman singing appears to me as a very strong woman who stands up for herself! There’s alot of male vocals on this tape (which I really like btw.) so I think she ought to be strong :P Whoever this is they have a great sound and I really liked this track!!!

Track 4

Ooooo… me likey the drums :P

Hmmm…. I swar I’v heard this before, it’s sounds so very familiar!!!

I like it alot, I like how it start out with that slow simple and straight forward sound an the it suddenly changes slightly in the middle of the song it’s till pretty simple but it somehow got more energi now….

And the last 30 seconds of instrumental is really cool

I’m curious to fint out who this is!!!

Track 5

Hmmm… starts of all mysterious with wierd noises, butt hen the guitar kickes in and it makes you wanna tap you’r fot!!!

Not my favorite on this tape but i still like it, who knows it might grow on me ☺

Track 6

I really like the way the tape’s been building up untill this point and now its slowing a little bit down only to build itself up even more towards the end ! gives you a little bit room to breath and you don’t get all the upbeat stuff thrown after you all at once :P

This seems to be about a man who’s trying to escape from his depression, yet the feel of the song itself is kind of happy :P a brilliant idea and at the end he for some reason sings about cough syrup, guess it’s some kind of metaphore for getting better or something! Overall a nice track !

Track 7

Is this Icelandic? If you’r my mixtapemaker Egil I swear to God I’m gonna eat my own hair!!!!!! Hmmm…..maybe it’s not Icelandic ( I really have no idea, maybe its Finnish or something)…. Well anywho it’s a really nice and mellow song, this could easily have been too sweet but I really think she pulled it off!

Track 8

This song is a strange mix between mellow and melancholic I like the feel of it though! It’s about this guy who lost his love and now he’s feeling like his world has been ripped apart and there’s no more reason, he's feeling thin, weak and lost…… I like his tender voice and the echo effect addes a nice touch !

Track 9

Absolutly love the beginning… all messy and loud, and I like myself some screaming :P

I really think it’s cool how chaotic and edgy it is! It also has a rawness to it that I really like!

Track 10

Yeah dude now we’re talking !I’m digging the guitar at 1:00…. Oh it stopped :(

It’s replaced by a guy that's talking about how fucked up society can be, with only the keyboard in the backround but it get's interupted my some more dramatic sounds and the voice keeps on talking… more desperate now, and the last minute is just this intense instrumental!!! I’m just blown away :O I liked this so much….

Kind og remindes me of the song Be Safe by The Cribs (but not really ) it’s not so dramatic though:P

Track 11

A nice instrumental track at the end… It really settling and it fits perfectly to end this tape!

Good work !

The higlights (for me :P) of this tape was track 1,3,10, and overall i give this tape a 8/10

Thank you for making met his great tape!!!! :D I’m looking forward to gett he tracklisting….

hello !

my review;

I'm saying it beginning of my review; my English is not very good so sometimes i couldnt express my opinions.

1-great opening! energic.

2-After the energic song here comes a slow song. It is kind of a British-Scotish type. Good but too slow :/

3-I like the beginning of this song. I know this voice and also this melody. Is this a soundtrack or something else? or a Turkish band covered this song so I'm similar the melody

4-mm lovely voice. melody and voice reminds me Hypnogaja. such a good soothing song,

5-ouuv different beginning. I think voice and melody don't fit each other :/ melody needs more powerful voice. the last 1 minute is GREAT!

6- another northern song,i think. different vocal, i don't like this kind of music,sorry :(

7-he is using 'f*ck' so much haha :) :) i like the drums' beating und other electro stuffs

8-Amy Winehouse? what a great voice wow! and meaningfull..

9-and old band? wait no no.. wow great passing slow to fast and fast to slow. I'm wondering who they are.

10-another sort of slow song. opps vocal sings like a tired man. this song could be a great romantic film soundtrack

11-haha funny voice :) :) who is this?? I'm very wonder the vocals' appearance.shalalshallashalal i love this part!

12-another slow and not-my-type song. but this one is good pure and impressive voice.

13-finally a song began with a guitar and carries on very good. but there is no lyrics :/ after 2:40 my brain woke up :D

14-just piano and great vocal-one of my favourite combination.I can sleep very well with this song :heart:

15- hmmm drums&guitars are upbeat but i didn't like the voice again :/ :/ wait..is this muse? no no.

thanks for your mixtape. i loved half of it but sorry some of them are not in my music taste :( but I'll keep listening them,I want to open my mind for other music genres :)

hello Hysteria, I was your mixtaper. Thanks for your review. I saw that you are a huge Muse fan so I put my mixtape on my fav. Muse song:soldier's poem. and song 11 belongs my favourite band at age 15 :) I was listening this song when i was creating my mixtape and i thought that why didnt i add this song :D ohh, why didn't you love the song 15 :( hey little apple blossomm laalalala so cute i think :)

anyway here is the song list;

1-Love love,kiss kiss - Alkaline Trio

2-Pure morning- Placebo

3-Living on the edge- Aerosmith

4-Looking through the glass- Stone Sour

5-Paint it black- The Rolling Stones

6-I am the highway - Audioslave

7-Night prowler- AC/DC

8-Imıtation of life- R.E.M

9-Since I don't have you - Guns'n Roses

10-Always- Bon Jovi

11-Loser of the Year -Simple Plan

12-Exit music (for a film) -Radiohead

13-Road to nowhere- Ozzy Osbourne

14-Soldier's Poem- Muse

15-Apple Blossom- The White Stripes

16-Postcards from far away- Coldplay

My name's Mo btw, nice to meet you

My name is Tammi. :dazzled:

by my bored, late night calculations. Foster The People is the most popular band thus far in the exchange, closely followed by Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, The National, and Elbow.

I don't understand why people would put a lot of these artists o their tape, aren't they basically listened to by like, everyone on the board? :|

Dear mixtape maker, just to let you know that you didn't remove all tags completely. So, erm, I might be biased.

Hi, I'm kasaa and I made your mixtape. I'm sorry all the tags weren't gone, I always have trouble with that :(

1- First track sounds like some rap/hip-hop song.. I'm not a fan. Rap/hip hop music irritates me. The "oh oh oh" part got stuck in my head though. OMG~

Didn't expect you to like this one, or the last one, would just like to say that his record company actually forced him to change his music to be more like other rappers, his earlier work is very differrent. Much darker.

2- Oh! I know this one! Pumped Up Kids by Foster the People. Great tune. I recently just got into them. This is my fav song by them. Catchy song!

You're quite right, I was honestly thinking about taking it out after realizing how popular they were becoming, but the tape would have been too short.

3- OMG. Sounds like another rap/hip-hop song! I've attempted to press the "next" button a few times. But this song sounds better than the first song.. R&B music is acceptable to my ears :P

Lady Luck by Jamie Woon. Funny, it doesn't sound like a rap song at all to me :thinking:

4- This is The Stroke's Under Cover Of Darkness. Great one! :)

Had a feeling you'd know this one.

By the way, we are now entering the Icelandic part of this tape.

5- Song kicks off with lovely piano sound..a hoarse male vocal comes in..heard some trumpet. Lovely tune! I like.

From Now On by Dikta. They're Icelandic, very popular as well. One of their more popular tunes if my memory serves me well.

6- Some mandolin sounds, I think.. Female vocal, very easy-listening.

By and By by Lay Low, I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it on an airplane actually :heart:

7- The guy has a good voice. Love the strings and the build-up on this. I like.

Out of Place by Ourlives, I like this song, but it's mostly on here to fill time:P

8- A female voice, singing in a language I don't understand. This song gets heavier at the ending. I like.

Icelandic :) Rauðilækur by Mammút.

And now we get a bit more international to finish the tape :)

9- "Trouble Is A Friend" by Lenka.. Well, I didn't know it was a Lenka song at first. I googled the song "Trouble Is A Friend" and found out and I was like :|I'm listening to Lenka! OMG! No offense. It was just ok.

Why would I take any offense to that, everybody is entitled to their own opinion :)

And you are right Trouble Is A Friend by Lenka

On the other hand I don't understand why people can't listen to a song they enjoy by an artist they normally wouldn't, I just don't get it :\

10- Veronica Maggio, singing in a language I don't understand. Pretty good vocals.

Måndagsbarn by Veronica Maggio, basically she's singing about her whole life being one big weekend, but the monday has got to come sooner or later.

11- Definitely know this one. My Iron Lung by Radiohead. Brilliant song.

That's right, brilliant song :)

12- Another rap song! I'm feeling sick. I'm sorry, really.

I'm sorry you feel that way :(

Thank you to my mixtape maker. I'm sorry I didn't really like the rap/hip-hop songs, I'm just not into this kind of music. But I do like some of the songs.

It's okay that you don't like them, I just always try to have as much diversity as I can on my tape's. I really get tired of hearing all these obscure just to be weird bands. Anyway here's the tracklist and link

1: Lupe Fiasco - Letting Go (feat.Sarah Green)

2: Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

3: Jamie Woon - Lady Luck

4: The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness

5: Dikta - From Now On

6: Lay Low - By and By

7: Ourlives - Out of Place

8: Mammùt - Rauðilækur

9: Lenka - Trouble Is a Friend

10: Veronica Maggio - Måndagsbarn

11: Radiohead - My Iron Lung

12: Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beaming

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TKFIZ1I

hello Hysteria, I was your mixtaper. Thanks for your review. I saw that you are a huge Muse fan so I put my mixtape on my fav. Muse song:soldier's poem. and song 11 belongs my favourite band at age 15 :) I was listening this song when i was creating my mixtape and i thought that why didnt i add this song :D ohh, why didn't you love the song 15 :( hey little apple blossomm laalalala so cute i think :)

anyway here is the song list;

1-Love love,kiss kiss - Alkaline Trio

2-Pure morning- Placebo

3-Living on the edge- Aerosmith

4-Looking through the glass- Stone Sour

5-Paint it black- The Rolling Stones

6-I am the highway - Audioslave

7-Night prowler- AC/DC

8-Imıtation of life- R.E.M

9-Since I don't have you - Guns'n Roses

10-Always- Bon Jovi

11-Loser of the Year -Simple Plan

12-Exit music (for a film) -Radiohead

13-Road to nowhere- Ozzy Osbourne

14-Soldier's Poem- Muse

15-Apple Blossom- The White Stripes

16-Postcards from far away- Coldplay

Hello!

I'm happy you chose Soldier's Poem, that is very underrated in my opinion. :wacky:

Yeah, the lyrics are nice, I don't know why I don't like it, really. :\

Thanks for the tape. :D

Hi, Ceren! I made your tape. :D

OK, so I had a hard time putting this tape together. You had basically told me to put whatever I wanted on it, and I'm terrible at making decisions. HAHA. I eventually put this tape together. It's my first attempt at a themed tape. All of these tracks were released this year, and they're some of my favorites. My comments are interspersed in blue.

hello !

my review;

I'm saying it beginning of my review; my English is not very good so sometimes i couldnt express my opinions.

Hey, it's no big deal. :nice:

1-great opening! energic.

That was my intent. :nice: This is "Norgaard" by The Vaccines.

2-After the energic song here comes a slow song. It is kind of a British-Scotish type. Good but too slow :/

Yep, it's British. Radiohead, actually. This is their song "Codex."

3-I like the beginning of this song. I know this voice and also this melody. Is this a soundtrack or something else? or a Turkish band covered this song so I'm similar the melody

Nope, it's not on a soundtrack. It's from a Brooklyn-based band called TV on the Radio. This song is called "Caffeinated Consciousness."

4-mm lovely voice. melody and voice reminds me Hypnogaja. such a good soothing song,

Yeah, it is. It's "Exile Vilify" by The National. I fell in love with it at first listen. :heart:

5-ouuv different beginning. I think voice and melody don't fit each other :/ melody needs more powerful voice. the last 1 minute is GREAT!

Interesting. I feel like it's nice and clear, but hey, it's fine that you don't like it. The accelerando at the end is one of my favorite parts, too. :D This is "Music People" by IAMX, whose real name is Chris Corner. He used to front a band called Sneaker Pimps.

6- another northern song,i think. different vocal, i don't like this kind of music,sorry :(

It's OK. Justin Vernon's voice is an acquired taste for some people. Anyway, this is "Holocene" by Bon Iver.

7-he is using 'f*ck' so much haha :) :) i like the drums' beating und other electro stuffs

Yeah, he does. This is "Wicked Games" by The Weeknd. This has been the most surprising discovery for me as far as I'm concerned. I'm not typically into that sort of thing, but for some reason, to me this sounds really good.

8-Amy Winehouse? what a great voice wow! and meaningfull..

Close, but no. This is Adele. The song is called "I Found a Boy," and it's a bonus track from her album "21."

9-and old band? wait no no.. wow great passing slow to fast and fast to slow. I'm wondering who they are.

Surprisingly, no. They do sound it, though, don't they? This is an Australian band called Sparkadia, and this is their song "China."

10-another sort of slow song. opps vocal sings like a tired man. this song could be a great romantic film soundtrack

Like a tired man? :laugh4: I've never thought of it that way. I can see it, though. This is "Dear Friends" by Elbow, who I've pretty much fallen in love with over this past year, partly because of the "tired man" voice of Guy Garvey. :tongue:

11-haha funny voice :) :) who is this?? I'm very wonder the vocals' appearance.shalalshallashalal i love this part!

I'm quite pleased that you like this one. This is "Doorstep" by tUnE-yArDs. This duo is notorious for using a lot of vocal loops.

12-another slow and not-my-type song. but this one is good pure and impressive voice.

I love James Blake so much. :heart: This is his song "Measurements."

13-finally a song began with a guitar and carries on very good. but there is no lyrics :/ after 2:40 my brain woke up :D

Yeah, I thought maybe an instrumental would be nice for a change. Oh well. This is called "Think:Breathe: Destroy," and it's from an istrumental rock band called And So I Watch You From Afar.

14-just piano and great vocal-one of my favourite combination.I can sleep very well with this song :heart:

It is quite beautiful. :wacky: This is "Goshen" by Beirut.

15- hmmm drums&guitars are upbeat but i didn't like the voice again :/ :/ wait..is this muse? no no.

HAHAHAHA, no. Matt's voice isn't that good in the lower end of the register. Good guess, though. It's actually Julian Casablancas and his band, The Strokes. This is their song "Metabolism."

thanks for your mixtape. i loved half of it but sorry some of them are not in my music taste :( but I'll keep listening them,I want to open my mind for other music genres :)

Hey, it's all good. As long as you got something out of it, I'm happy. :hug:

Here's the track listing in full:

1. "Norgaard"-The Vaccines (What Did You Expect from The Vaccines?)

2. "Codex"-Radiohead (The King of Limbs)

3. "Caffeinated Consciousness"-TV on the Radio (Nine Types of Light)

4. "Exile Vilify"-The National (Think You Can Wait/Exile Vilify single)

5. "Music People"-IAMX (Volatile Times)

6. "Holocene"-Bon Iver (Bon Iver, Bon Iver)

7. "Wicked Games"-The Weeknd (House of Balloons)

8. "I Found a Boy"-Adele (21)

9. "China"-Sparkadia (The Great Impression)

10. "Dear Friends"-Elbow (Build a Rocket Boys!)

11. "Doorstep"-tUnE-yArDs (w h o k i l l)

12. "Measurements"-James Blake (James Blake)

13. "Think:Breathe: Destroy"-And So I Watch You From Afar (Gangs)

14. "Goshen"-Beirut (The Rip Tide)

15. "Metabolism"-The Strokes (Angles)

Thanks so much. :hug:

ETA: Here's the link, for anyone else who wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/?5q9em9i8x98p2x2

Yeeeey :D it’s time for my review…..

Sorry if I’m a bit late :(

Okay, so may I just start with saying that i love my mixtape?

This is probably the best one I’v gotten so far on this site… there wasn’t a track on here that i didn’t like, and they flow well with etachother !

Well let’s start then, shall we?

Hi there! I'm Felicia, your mixtape maker. Wow! Thanks for the compliment! :)

I kinda stalked your last.fm to know your overall music tastes before I chose the tracklisting. I was busy and I didn't have much time and I just put my recent favourite songs. :D

Track 1

At firt when the song started I thought it was Elbow but i soon realised that it wasn’t them! It seems to be about a guy who was in love with someone but they split up and suddenly the life he used to live dousn’t make sense anymore. I like how it start off so simple with only the keybord (or whatever) in the background and the builds itself up! And from 1:30 and on it’s just really great :)

Latest single "No Rest" by Dry the River. The lead singer has one the most gorgeous voices I've ever heard :heart:

Track 2

Is this The Editors? I don’t know them that well but this guy sounds a little bit like the lead singer and it could be their sound :shrug: either way he’s got a good voice and I really like the whole feel to the song!! This is also about a relationship not working out, they’r together but there is nothing left between them to hold on to as he sings ” Love will tear us apart, again”

This is Swans.. they covered Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart"

Track 3

I’m feeling some kind of girlpower going on here! The woman singing appears to me as a very strong woman who stands up for herself! There’s alot of male vocals on this tape (which I really like btw.) so I think she ought to be strong :P Whoever this is they have a great sound and I really liked this track!!!

I don't really listen to female singers but this woman has a great voice. I like her voice alot. :)

Track 4

Ooooo… me likey the drums :P

Hmmm…. I swar I’v heard this before, it’s sounds so very familiar!!!

I like it alot, I like how it start out with that slow simple and straight forward sound an the it suddenly changes slightly in the middle of the song it’s till pretty simple but it somehow got more energi now….

And the last 30 seconds of instrumental is really cool

I’m curious to fint out who this is!!!

This is a new single called "Black Night" by The Dodos. Yes, I think you'd find this familiar, since you're a fan(aren't you?).

Track 5

Hmmm… starts of all mysterious with wierd noises, butt hen the guitar kickes in and it makes you wanna tap you’r fot!!!

Not my favorite on this tape but i still like it, who knows it might grow on me ☺

This is "Outside" by Lowline. I think this track would be better if it weren't too lengthy..

Track 6

I really like the way the tape’s been building up untill this point and now its slowing a little bit down only to build itself up even more towards the end ! gives you a little bit room to breath and you don’t get all the upbeat stuff thrown after you all at once :P

This seems to be about a man who’s trying to escape from his depression, yet the feel of the song itself is kind of happy :P a brilliant idea and at the end he for some reason sings about cough syrup, guess it’s some kind of metaphore for getting better or something! Overall a nice track !

This is the last track I put on the mixtape. A friend recommended me this song and I think the guy has a nice voice. This is "Cough Syrup" by Young The Giant.

Track 7

Is this Icelandic? If you’r my mixtapemaker Egil I swear to God I’m gonna eat my own hair!!!!!! Hmmm…..maybe it’s not Icelandic ( I really have no idea, maybe its Finnish or something)…. Well anywho it’s a really nice and mellow song, this could easily have been too sweet but I really think she pulled it off!

Yes! This is a song by an Icelandic young band, called Rokkurro.

Who's Egil by the way? :P

Track 8

This song is a strange mix between mellow and melancholic I like the feel of it though! It’s about this guy who lost his love and now he’s feeling like his world has been ripped apart and there’s no more reason, he's feeling thin, weak and lost…… I like his tender voice and the echo effect addes a nice touch !

This is "Music For A Nurse" by Oceansize. It's a really long track, so cheers for the patience.

Track 9

Absolutly love the beginning… all messy and loud, and I like myself some screaming :P

I really think it’s cool how chaotic and edgy it is! It also has a rawness to it that I really like!

This is "We Dine on Seeds" by a young hardcore band called Axis Of. Feel like headbanging! :D

Track 10

Yeah dude now we’re talking !I’m digging the guitar at 1:00…. Oh it stopped :(

It’s replaced by a guy that's talking about how fucked up society can be, with only the keyboard in the backround but it get's interupted my some more dramatic sounds and the voice keeps on talking… more desperate now, and the last minute is just this intense instrumental!!! I’m just blown away :O I liked this so much….

Kind og remindes me of the song Be Safe by The Cribs (but not really ) it’s not so dramatic though:P

Glad you liked this! :D The talk is actually some quotes taken from the movie "Network". This is by Maybeshewill.

Track 11

A nice instrumental track at the end… It really settling and it fits perfectly to end this tape!

Good work !

This is by And So I Watch You From Afar. I thought it'd be nice if I put a mellower track at the end of the tape.

The higlights (for me :P) of this tape was track 1,3,10, and overall i give this tape a 8/10

Thank you for making met his great tape!!!! :D I’m looking forward to gett he tracklisting….

Thank you for listening and reviewing! I didn't expect that you'll love this! :kiss:

Here's the tracklisting:

tracklist.jpg

Anyone who's interested:

Hi, I'm kasaa and I made your mixtape. I'm sorry all the tags weren't gone, I always have trouble with that :(

Didn't expect you to like this one, or the last one, would just like to say that his record company actually forced him to change his music to be more like other rappers, his earlier work is very differrent. Much darker.

You're quite right, I was honestly thinking about taking it out after realizing how popular they were becoming, but the tape would have been too short.

Lady Luck by Jamie Woon. Funny, it doesn't sound like a rap song at all to me :thinking:

Had a feeling you'd know this one.

By the way, we are now entering the Icelandic part of this tape.

From Now On by Dikta. They're Icelandic, very popular as well. One of their more popular tunes if my memory serves me well.

By and By by Lay Low, I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it on an airplane actually :heart:

Out of Place by Ourlives, I like this song, but it's mostly on here to fill time:P

Icelandic :) Rauðilækur by Mammút.

And now we get a bit more international to finish the tape :)

Why would I take any offense to that, everybody is entitled to their own opinion :)

And you are right Trouble Is A Friend by Lenka

On the other hand I don't understand why people can't listen to a song they enjoy by an artist they normally wouldn't, I just don't get it :\

Måndagsbarn by Veronica Maggio, basically she's singing about her whole life being one big weekend, but the monday has got to come sooner or later.

That's right, brilliant song :)

I'm sorry you feel that way :(

It's okay that you don't like them, I just always try to have as much diversity as I can on my tape's. I really get tired of hearing all these obscure just to be weird bands. Anyway here's the tracklist and link

1: Lupe Fiasco - Letting Go (feat.Sarah Green)

2: Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

3: Jamie Woon - Lady Luck

4: The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness

5: Dikta - From Now On

6: Lay Low - By and By

7: Ourlives - Out of Place

8: Mammùt - Rauðilækur

9: Lenka - Trouble Is a Friend

10: Veronica Maggio - Måndagsbarn

11: Radiohead - My Iron Lung

12: Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beaming

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TKFIZ1I

Hi Kasaa. Thank you for making this tape! Well I enjoyed the overall tape, except for the rap songs :P I just don't like rap/hip-hop music.. I don't know why, it's just not my thing :\ Cheers

I don't think I can postpone this any longer so here goes, review time!

Track 1: The opening is a bit messy, but it has kind of a sumer-feel to it. The singer has an okay voice, I just can't understand a word he's saying :P I like the rythm of the song, good start.

Track 2: Electronic start to this one, catchy guitar. Nice voice, lyrics are good as well.Looking forward to finding out who this is :)

Track 3: M.IA. Huh? No idea which song it is, but it sure is catchy.

Track 4: The guitar start to this is really nice, I really enjoyed this track. The singer has a relaxing voice imo.

Track 5: Is that a lute? Very medieval feel to this one, not really my style, don't quite like the singers voice. Overall an ok song.

Track 6: Opens with some royal sounding strings, I like strings they're very underrated. So this is an opera song then? She's got an amazing voice. Good song.

Track 7: That's a heavy transition right there, but I like this song, good drummer, good guitar, very good singer, loving the lyrics. Great track

Track 8: Well this is different, very showtune-like start. National express, aye?

Track 9: I love this intro, very catchy. The song is kinda weird, but I like it.

Track 10: Putting The Dog To Sleep by The Antlers. I love this song

Overall I really liked the tape, some interesting artists to check out. Thank you for making it :)

BTW, sorry my review sucks :disappointed:

Hello kasaa, I was your mixtape maker. I'm glad you liked it, I was afraid you found it a bit messy.

I don't think I can postpone this any longer so here goes, review time!

Track 1: The opening is a bit messy, but it has kind of a sumer-feel to it. The singer has an okay voice, I just can't understand a word he's saying :P I like the rythm of the song, good start.

I remember hearing this song on an indie radio, thought it was ok but interesting and yes it has a summery and intro feel

Track 2: Electronic start to this one, catchy guitar. Nice voice, lyrics are good as well.Looking forward to finding out who this is :)

Phantogram, a trip-hop and rock or something band, they're good, their 2010 album Eyelid Movies is worth acquiring.

Track 3: M.IA. Huh? No idea which song it is, but it sure is catchy.

Sure this is MIA, again summery but this time dancy feel

Track 4: The guitar start to this is really nice, I really enjoyed this track. The singer has a relaxing voice imo.

Berlin-born band The Whitest Boy Alive; the lead singer is actually from Norway!

Track 5: Is that a lute? Very medieval feel to this one, not really my style, don't quite like the singers voice. Overall an ok song.

The XTC, it takes time to appreciate what I would call one of the first true innovating and indie bands, just after Roxy Music. They're kind of weird anyway.

Track 6: Opens with some royal sounding strings, I like strings they're very underrated. So this is an opera song then? She's got an amazing voice. Good song.

Actually it's Cristopher Hogwood orchestra, this is one piece of Vivaldi, it's beautiful isn't it? Just to proove those jerks that Vivaldi didn't make the same tune 400 times, even Stravinsky said that *wails*

Track 7: That's a heavy transition right there, but I like this song, good drummer, good guitar, very good singer, loving the lyrics. Great track

I guess you'd like to recover from the classical and the calm pieces with this sheer rock song

Track 8: Well this is different, very showtune-like start. National express, aye?

Yup, this is high-quality baroque pop from The Divine Comedy

Track 9: I love this intro, very catchy. The song is kinda weird, but I like it.

this is electronic/dubstep-or-whatever San Francisco producer Brendan Angelide aka known as Eskmo.

Track 10: Putting The Dog To Sleep by The Antlers. I love this song

I love these guys, their last two albums were excellent

Overall I really liked the tape, some interesting artists to check out. Thank you for making it :)

BTW, sorry my review sucks :disappointed:

01 I was thinking by Gauntlet Hair

02 Mouthful of Diamonds by Phantogram

03 Pull up the people by M.I.A.

04 Burning by The whitest boy alive

05 Sacrifical Bonfire by XTC

06 Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera by Vivaldi performed by the Academy of Ancient Music Orchestra and Chorus of Cristopher Hogwood

07 The Rat by The Walkmen

08 National Express by The Divine Comedy

09 Cloudlights by Eskmo

10 Putting the dog to sleep by the antlers

And here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CZ347S9G