✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Golden Arrow Theory

harrisonrules

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the band does go the route of a space theme then the golden arrow could be related to the stars. I could see a lyric like "They shot across the sky like a golden arrow" BTW wasnt there a rumored song a while back for LP5 called Shooting Star?

I sort of started the rumour about 'Shooting Star' when I saw it registered on the PRS website, but I later saw that it was registered back in 2001, meaning it's been left off 3 albums so far. Never know, it might turn up somewhere though.

I love Mylo Xyloto, Space Symphony and Up With The Birds.. But I don't like Golden Arrow :confused:

Am I the only one who thinks "Mylo Xyloto" is absolute garbage? If it's any of those, I'm kinda hoping it's "Up With The Birds" that's quite good, but too reminiscent of "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds".

And yeah Space Symphony is Moving To Mars I'm pretty sure.

I'm kinda hoping it's "Up With The Birds" that's quite good, but too reminiscent of "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds".

Just because they both have birds in them doesn't mean they are related in any way. Up With The Birds was probably even written before Oasis split up.

And can anyone tell me where Golden Arrow is coming from? Is it a new rumour?

Frankly, the only song Coldplay have played this era that DOES have a less-than-cringeworthy title is Cartoon Heart...and now that's not even called Cartoon Heart anymore.

Freakin' Charlie Brown. :angry:

Golden Arrow and Car Kids are okay though.

I think there's still a possibility that there will be a song called Space Symphony. If you think about it, Charlie Brown has the lyric 'Us Against the World' in it, but there's still a separate song called Us Against the World. They've done it before anyways.

^ Like in the Viva era when we had the lyrics 'Now my feet won't touch the ground' in Strawberry Swing and Life In Technicolor II, but we also had the song Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground.

Not to forget "No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground" from back in 1998 which is cool and if I didn't know it was a Coldplay song or didn't recognise Chris' voice, if anyone told me it was a song by The Verve, I'd believe them.

But I don't think there will be a song called Cartoon Heart. Cartoons, especially "Cartoon Hearts" are a theme that seems too narrow to write multiple songs about, if you ask me.