🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I love those songs but a perfect album to me wouldn't have CB HLH PoC UATW ETIAW or Major Minus. Or Paradise I guess.

so here's your tracklist for mylo xyloto:

Vitamins

Ladder To The Sun

Idiot

Ode To Deodorant

Bucket For A Crown

So Sad

Famous Old Painters

LeftRightLeftRightLeft

Don Quixote

The Dubliners

It's wrong of you to assume that MX will be a full track just because it's a title track. Parchutes was 47 seconds long.

I don't think it is. Because that's not the same thing. They've been planning to call it Mylo Xyloto for a long time the Oracle said. Not at the last minute like what they did on Parachutes. They completely bs-ed that whole thing about why they called it that. They had to choose a title and they chose Parachutes. This title was much more thought out and I don't see them naming it after a 40 second song. I expect Mylo Xyloto to be 4-5 minutes long and one of the best on the album.

I would personally feel cheated if they release another "ep" that ultimately contains 2 other songs that ultimately end up on the album. I feel somewhat like a hypocrite becauae I'm dying to hear new music but miss the days when a cd came out and you hadn't heard half of it already. If four of the songs, let's say, make the record and we have all heard the live versions of "Charlie Brown", "HLH", "UATW", then we will have heard over half of the new reccord... Or more. That would suck. "Paradise" is exciting, but that's all I want next time... Or a few b-sides as well. So I hope "PoC" isn't released early.

Is Paradise exciting or epic?

Agreed. I love those songs but a perfect album to me wouldn't have CB HLH PoC UATW ETIAW or Major Minus. Or Paradise I guess.

So you want an album with no single?

Not gonna happen, thanks to dear old EMI :)

So you want an album with no single?

Not gonna happen, thanks to dear old EMI :)

I'd want a single, I just wouldn't want the single to be on the album. Just sort of like "hey, this is what our album will sound like"...

1. Mylo Xyloto (intro to story, instrumental)

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Charlie Brown

4. Princess of China

5. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

6. Up in Flames

7. Us Against the World

8. U.F.O. (I believe this is instrumental, nothing more)

9. Paradise

10. Major Minus

11. Great Expectations

12. A Hopeful Transmission (short weird song that repeats lyrics)

13. Tomorrow/Alien Radio (fades out)

Just a shot... I am sure I forgot a song but what we have to remember is when you look at any "concept" album that tells a story in a linear fashion (see "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", "Dark Side of the Moon", etc.), there almost certainly one or two instrumentals that fall between that aide in the narrative. With that as my guide, I believe two of the songs on the record (at least) will be sprinkled in to help in the overall scheme (think "the Great Gig in the Sky"). Also, with Eno involved on some level and Coldplay with Viva La Vida starting as an instrumental, it's almost a given. Anyone else agree or disagree?

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Charlie Brown

4. Princess of China

6. Up in Flames

7. Us Against the World

9. Paradise

10. Major Minus

11. Great Expectations

Just a shot... I am sure I forgot a song but what we have to remember is when you look at any "concept" album that tells a story in a linear fashion (see "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", "Dark Side of the Moon", etc.), there almost certainly one or two instrumentals that fall between that aide in the narrative. With that as my guide, I believe two of the songs on the record (at least) will be sprinkled in to help in the overall scheme (think "the Great Gig in the Sky"). Also, with Eno involved on some level and Coldplay with Viva La Vida starting as an instrumental, it's almost a given. Anyone else agree or disagree?

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Charlie Brown

4. Princess of China

6. Up in Flames

7. Us Against the World

9. Paradise

10. Major Minus

11. Great Expectations

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Charlie Brown

4. Princess of China

6. Up in Flames

7. Us Against the World

9. Paradise

10. Major Minus

11. Great Expectations

I love making tracklist guesses... I don't why... it's just fun! This is total speculation and opinion, now that we know the album title and the fact that it is for-sure a concept album I think this is my final guess ( maybbbeee ;) )

Mylo Xyloto:

1. Hurts Like Heaven

2. Paradise

3. Charlie Brown

4. Car Kids

5. Major Minus (+Media)

6. Up In Flames / Princess of China

7. U.F.O.

8. Mylo Xyloto

9. Us Against the World / Tomorrow

10. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

11. A Hopeful Transmission