✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

Well, tonight's the night they finally finish working on it and hand it over! Big news soon! In the next couple days I imagine. :P I can't believe it though. I never though they would finish it the way things had been going for a while and always having the deadlines pushed back. And I just simply cannot wait to find out what the tracklist actually is. I love that part so much. Just staring at the titles, imagining what each of the songs is like, why they're in that order, how long they are, writing them over and over etc. Ah. I absolutely love tracklist reveal time. :sunny:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, well there's still room for question in my mind, but if that's the case, then this is bad.

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Princess of China (Spanish Rain B-Side)

4. Major Minus

5. Charlie Brown

6. DLIBYH

7. Us Against The World

8. Up In Flames

9. Paradise

10. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (U.F.O B-Side)

I don't think Car Kids will make it if Mylo Xyloto is it's own track. Something tells me Major Minus will make it, so at this point it's either Car Kids or Hurts Like Heaven.

MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven.

That means that there is a longer version of Mylo Xyloto.

I'm still not convinced. If she'd said "...it wasn't the full song," then maybe. Otherwise, I'm still waiting for actual, clear clarification.

Okay here is a much more appropriate album tracklisting

1. Mx/ Hurts Like Heaven

2. Paradise

3. Car Kids

4. UFO

5. Charlie Brown

6. Mylo XYLOTO

7. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

8. Us Against The World

9. Princess of China

10. Up In Flames

11. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

That's true, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't name the album after an instrumental, either. While "Parachutes" is a song with lyrics, it only goes for 46 seconds or so. And I entirely doubt that if MX is an intro track, that it will be a hidden one. We all know that MX = Mylo Xyloto, I just don't think it's been necessarily made clear whether it's a song any longer than what we've already heard. It isn't about not believing, it's about not having something particularly substantiative to base that statment on. I love it as an intro to HLH, but I would not be against a full-length track, either.

The order could change, but I think it could be something like this...

1. Mylo Xyloto (Instrumental)

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Charlie Brown

4. Major Minus

5. Up In Flames

6. Princess of China

7. DLIBYH (Don't Let It Break Your Heart?)

8. U.F.O

10. Unkown Song (Alien Radio or Car Kids, possibly)

11. Paradise

12. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

13. Us Against The World (Hidden Track)

Time for another guess, I think!

01. Mylo Xyloto

02. Hurts Like Heaven

03. Major Minus

04. Paradise

05. Up In Flames

06. Princess Of China

07. Us Against The World

08. Charlie Brown

09. Tomorrow

10. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

11. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Samina, United States of America

Q. What songs did Coldplay perform at the iTunes Festival this year?

The Oracle replies:

It was pretty much the same setlist as most of the other festival shows but with the addition of Moving to Mars making its live debut.

*Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Moving To Mars

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

The encore:

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

*I know some will say they began with MX, but I'm not counting that as a track...

Let's put this to rest.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Hurts Like Heaven will be the opener? I think a lot of us are just assuming it will be because they open their shows with it. That doesn't mean anything people.

Looking at the lyrics to Paradise, I don't really see how Hurts Like Heaven will be the beginning to the story. I think Princess of China or Paradise itself will be early tracks.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Hurts Like Heaven will be the opener? I think a lot of us are just assuming it will be because they open their shows with it. That doesn't mean anything people.

Looking at the lyrics to Paradise, I don't really see how Hurts Like Heaven will be the beginning to the story. I think Princess of China or Paradise itself will be early tracks.

This is true.

Isn't the answer from Oracle posted on the previous page satisfatory to you?

As far as I know she just said that at the festivals it was not a full song, just a prelude, but that does not clarify whether it will be a full track with lyrics or just an instrumental on the album (a la Life in Technicolor)...

As far as I know she just said that at the festivals it was not a full song, just a prelude, but that does not clarify whether it will be a full track with lyrics or just an instrumental on the album (a la Life in Technicolor)...

I see your point as to the inconclusiveness. But they wouldn't name an album after an instrumental song as far as I'm concerned. It's so important and central to the album for a reason. Melodically AND lyrically.