✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until it actually is announced so we don't have to make these dumb fake tracklists anymore.

This. Are there actually people who read every single tracklist posted in this thread? I honestly don't see the point of doing anything but posting your own tracklist and never reading any other post in the thread...

This. Are there actually people who read every single tracklist posted in this thread? I honestly don't see the point of doing anything but posting your own tracklist and never reading any other post in the thread...

Maybe its just me but i posted mine because 1.) its a thread entitled the tracklisting and 2.) because if i'm right, then i'll have evidence on the thread. Guessing the tracklist is kinda like the ncaa march madness brackets where everyone picks their teams even though they have no idea who's going to win or lose. So i guess you're right, if others are like myself, they are simply submitting their "brackets" on here and not really reading anything else

We have 4 songs that start with 'U' which include: UFO, Up in Flames, Up With the Birds, and Us Against the World. I'm really excited to see how the tracklisting will come together. I personally think that U.F.O. will be included on the album only because it is constantly mentioned (see the Coldplay.com News Icon update) and Up With the Birds will be cut. I still want the tracklisting to be the following:

MAIN TRACKLIST

Hurts Like Heaven

Major Minus

Up In Flames

Princess of China

Charlie Brown

Us Against the World

Paradise

U.F.O.

Tomorrow

DLIBYH (Don't Let It Burn Your House)

Mylo Xyloto

Car Kids

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

BONUS TRACKS

A Hopeful Transmission

Great Expectations

Up With the Birds

I'm just going to be Dr. Obvious here and probably get told as such too but. It's practically impossible to compile a desired tracklist when 1) We haven't heard all the songs yet 2) You can only minutely infer what the song will be like from the title 3) Some of the weirdest/worst titles are amazing songs and vice versa for the good titles 4) There's so many to choose from (and I'm scared incredible songs will be left off the album, they all seem so worthy) 5) What we want has absolutely no bearing on the final decision/outcome. I swear if we don't find out the album tracklist either before or the day of the Paradise release it's mental meltdown time and I'm going to be decapitating some freakin heads :saw: This wait is excrutiating. Now I see why they say patience is a virtue.

Maybe its just me but i posted mine because 1.) its a thread entitled the tracklisting and 2.) because if i'm right, then i'll have evidence on the thread. Guessing the tracklist is kinda like the ncaa march madness brackets where everyone picks their teams even though they have no idea who's going to win or lose. So i guess you're right, if others are like myself, they are simply submitting their "brackets" on here and not really reading anything else

Except people bet on those and it's actually competitive.

This is just pointless after a while. It's cool if you put one up, but it's annoying when the same person puts up like a million track listings every day. That's what I'm saying.

I wonder if Chris meant 13 songs with Every Teardrop, MM and MTM. If he did, that's not a big portion of songs compared to Viva era.

We'll see how it goes but I'd really love if we hadn't heard most of the album just yet.

I wonder if Chris meant 13 songs with Every Teardrop, MM and MTM. If he did, that's not a big portion of songs compared to Viva era.

We'll see how it goes but I'd really love if we hadn't heard most of the album just yet.

I don't think they are including those three. :thinking: They said they'd FINISH 13 in early August. They ALREADY finished Christmas Lights (I don't even think it's being considered anymore), Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Major Minus, and Moving to Mars by the middle of June. That has me thinking there's thirteen OTHER songs (especially with 16-17 titles being thrown around) they would finish and then decide on the tracklist from there. So technically out of sixteen. If you catch my drift. By the way, I just realized how amazing the title "Major Minus" is even though it's (a great song but) not my favorite from the new area. :shrug: I always think it's referring to a Major general named Minus who's watching everything. He's the one driving the person to the designated area on lockdown (one eye on the road and one on you) random, sorry.

I don't terribly mind ETIAW on the album, but if it's the last song then I have nothing to say to them. Celebratory nonsense or whatever for the theme, but usually a love story ends on a more somber note.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERY TEAH DROP IS A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTERRRFAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

^That's a terrible closing statement.

Why is it that people don't understand that Moving to Mars....isn't going to be on the freaking album?! :bomb:

They said that they had four tracklists up in the air a while back. "Probably not" isn't exactly a definite no, it probably appears on one of the tracklistings they had. 1 in 4 chance of showing up on the album is "probably not" as I see it.

/devil's advocate

They said that they had four tracklists up in the air a while back. "Probably not" isn't exactly a definite no, it probably appears on one of the tracklistings they had. 1 in 4 chance of showing up on the album is "probably not" as I see it.

/devil's advocate

It's without a doubt not gonna make it. I mean I know Major Minus is, but even with that i'm debating whether or not it will make it. I mean it's on the ep of the single ETIAW. That's the single and up to now there's never been a track on a single's ep on a album. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, I tried to word it as best I can.

I'm not entirely sure why everyone thinks Major Minus is a definite for the album. In the interview last month Chris was skeptical as to its inclusion. If you recall it was the interviewer that was really, really pushing for it. Chris called it the villian and laughed it off as anyone would to change the subject. It's a good song, but I honestly don't think it will make the album.

Right possibly hours before the true identity of Mylo Xyloto is released here is my prediction

1. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

2. Paradise

3. Charlie Brown

4. UFO

5. Car Kids

6. Nappies

7. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

8. Space Symphony

9. Mylo Xyloto

10. Great Expectations

11. It Was A Beautiful Day

12. Up In Flames

13. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

14. Princess of China (hidden track)

15. Us Against The World (hidden track)

I don't know about you guys but I think this is an exceptionally good guess as to what tracks to expect on the album. Ooooooooooooohh my heart is fluttering now, I think there are going to be a good few oooooooooooohhhsss on this album, I just really want to now what is included now, (not long to wait now hopefully until we find out, but you know Coldplay if they can make us wait longer they will especially with this album).

My hope is that the following happens (eventually) - Coldplay release an EP after the album containing the leftover music, like they did with Viva La Vida OR the actual cd (for the fans who buy the actual physical cd) get a bonus ep (unlikely, but I know the Doves and other bands have done that with extras).

With that in mind, my final guess at the tracklisting:

01 A Hopeful Transmission (instrumental)

02 Tomorrow

03 Up in Flames

04 Major Minus

05 Charlie Brown

06 Mylo Xyloto (instrumental)

07 Hurts Like Heaven

08 Paradise

09 Princess of China

10 Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

11 Us Against the World / UFO (not so hidden track)

Car Kids EP

01 Up With the Birds

02 Wandering Star

03 Alien Radio

04 Car Kids

05 Moving to Mars

06 Great Expectations

07 Princess of China (Kamikaze Remix)

08 Don Quixote

Obviously, I'm having a little fun here. What's interesting about this exercise is that I am never fully satisfied in my choices, even though I haven't heard most of the music!