✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, why not? I'll be like all the rest of the people who's posts get skimmed over because they all look the same, and are probably equally as wrong.

Here's what I think is plausible:

1. Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven

2. Princess of China (Spanish Rain B-Side)

3. Major Minus

4. Charlie Brown

5. DLIBYH

6. Car Kids

7. Us Against The World

8. Up In Flames

9. Paradise

10. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (U.F.O B-Side)

^ I like that one! Okay, I've given in. You inspired me. This is the way I think it'll go:

I think the first two songs need to be upbeat and happy, the next three need to be the baddies, then Charlie Brown gets sentimental and transitions into the tearjerker. After that the album should end with happier songs to change the direction again. Hope you like it! :D

1) Mylo Xyloto

2) Hurts Like Heaven

3) Don't Let It Break Your Heart

4) Princess Of China

5) Major Minus

6) Charlie Brown

7) Up In Flames

8) Paradise

9) Car Kids

10) Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

^ I like that one! Okay, I've given in. You inspired me. This is the way I think it'll go:

I think the first two songs need to be upbeat and happy, the next three need to be the baddies, then Charlie Brown gets sentimental and transitions into the tearjerker. After that the album should end with happier songs to change the direction again. Hope you like it! :D

1) Mylo Xyloto

2) Hurts Like Heaven

4) Princess Of China

5) Major Minus

6) Charlie Brown

7) Up In Flames

8) Paradise

9) Car Kids

No Us Against The World?

1. Three U's.

2. At least two B-Sides.

3. MX and HLH will be combined.

Those are three things I think are for sure. I really don't see them wasting an entire track on 42 seconds or so on MX, and I definitely don't think it'll be a B-Side.

The only possible problem with mine, is it may be too long. Their album will be around 42 minutes, so mine may break that. Then again, they may all be average length songs. Never know. All I know, is that I really really really hope Car Kids is on there.

I stand by me hearing snippets of two songs through a celly, however.

Could you please give more specific details than before regarding what you heard from the two snippets? I'm asking because for the sake of this site's legitimacy, I really hope you are telling the truth and that these snippets are not other parts of your imagination.

1) Mylo Xyloto

2) Hurts Like Heaven

4) Princess Of China

5) Major Minus

6) Charlie Brown

7) Up In Flames

8) Paradise

9) Car Kids

I mean honestly. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be (in my opinion obviously) or as amazing either. But. That would be the worst album closer in history. Why would you finish a story of hardship and love and control laden with meaning and profoundness with a song that means basically nothing but being happy in some obverse way? I see no way how that connects with ANY of the ideas Chris has mentioned (Whether the White Rose movement or what have you) or anything we've heard in ANY of the other songs for that matter.

On another note, if they left Hurts Like Heaven OFF the album. AND. They put ETIAW ON the album. That's complete BS. It is the best of the new songs we've heard (along with Us Against the World). The lyrics are fantastic and some of their best ever as far as I'm concerned. It fits perfectly in terms of the graffiti and paranoia and if it's NOT on there, and especiallyyy if ETIAW IS. You can be sure I will FLIPPPPPP. If there's anyyy song that deserves a place on the track it's Hurts Like Heaven (and UATW too).

Right possibly hours before the true identity of Mylo Xyloto is released here is my prediction

1. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

2. Paradise

3. Charlie Brown

4. UFO

5. Car Kids

6. Nappies

7. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

8. Space Symphony

9. Mylo Xyloto

10. Great Expectations

11. It Was A Beautiful Day

12. Up In Flames

13. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

14. Princess of China (hidden track)

15. Us Against The World (hidden track)

I don't know about you guys but I think this is an exceptionally good guess as to what tracks to expect on the album. Ooooooooooooohh my heart is fluttering now, I think there are going to be a good few oooooooooooohhhsss on this album, I just really want to now what is included now, (not long to wait now hopefully until we find out, but you know Coldplay if they can make us wait longer they will especially with this album).

6. Will never happen. Never. 8. Is aka Moving to Mars which probably won't make it. 11. I don't see at all. They haven't mentioned it in two years. The rest is definitely plausible though. :thinking:

I mean honestly. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be (in my opinion obviously) or as amazing either. But. That would be the worst album closer in history. Why would you finish a story of hardship and love and control laden with meaning and profoundness with a song that means basically nothing but being happy in some obverse way? I see no way how that connects with ANY of the ideas Chris has mentioned (Whether the White Rose movement or what have you) or anything we've heard in ANY of the other songs for that matter.

On another note, if they left Hurts Like Heaven OFF the album. AND. They put ETIAW ON the album. THAT'S COMPLETE BS. It is the best of the new songs we've heard (along with Us Against the World). The lyrics are fantastic and some of their best ever as far as I'm concerned. It fits perfectly in terms of the graffiti and paranoia and if it's NOT on there, and especiallyyy if ETIAW IS. You can be sure I will FLIPPPPPP BALLSSSSS. If there's anyyy song that deserves a place on the tracklist it's HURTS LIKE F***IN HEAVEN (and UATW too).

I'm sorry, could you use a few more capitals? I'm not sure I got your point. :\

I did make this... and I apologize to anyone who felt misled by my artwork postings and lyric submissions. The lyrics are not real - just some I made up on the back of the artwork I made. Nothing more. I hope you all have it in your heart to forgive me. (This is my press conference to apologize)

I stand by me hearing snippets of two songs through a celly, however. The rest was, ahem, my imagination.

Don't let it be your head....

Bro dont feel bad, people will never believe until they hear it for themselves. You know how crazy this forum gets when Coldplay wont tell us anything :wink3:

On another note, if they left Hurts Like Heaven OFF the album. AND. They put ETIAW ON the album. That's complete BS. It is the best of the new songs we've heard (along with Us Against the World). The lyrics are fantastic and some of their best ever as far as I'm concerned. It fits perfectly in terms of the graffiti and paranoia and if it's NOT on there, and especiallyyy if ETIAW IS. You can be sure I will FLIPPPPPP. If there's anyyy song that deserves a place on the track it's Hurts Like Heaven (and UATW too).

I dont mean to argue or whatever, in fact i agree HLH is the best and should be on, but it has to fit the story. Just because it talks about graffiti doesn't mean it will make it, look at VLV and Famous Old Painters. Of course who knows FOP couldve been Coldplays worst

I think it was said here under 'First Reference' on WikiColdplay (http://www.wikicoldplay.com/Every_Teardrop_Is_A_Waterfall) that ETIAW would likely 'be an album closer'. That's where I got that from. Who knows, they could add something like The Escapist to the end of Every Teardrop. I'm just thinking of the way the album might progress, so it's all speculation.

Here's my way of rationalizing it: Since ETIAW is my least favorite so far (when I say 'least favorite' I don't mean I dislike it. At least I don't want it to come off that way! :() I'm glad it'll be at the end of the album. I'm glad I'll get to hear most of the new stuff before I hear the old stuff. And I must disagree. I think it would end the album right. So I hope it's the album closer.

I think it was said here under 'First Reference' on WikiColdplay (http://www.wikicoldplay.com/Every_Teardrop_Is_A_Waterfall) that ETIAW would likely 'be an album closer'. That's where I got that from. Who knows, they could add something like The Escapist to the end of Every Teardrop. I'm just thinking of the way the album might progress, so it's all speculation.

Here's my way of rationalizing it: Since ETIAW is my least favorite so far (when I say 'least favorite' I don't mean I dislike it. At least I don't want it to come off that way! :() I'm glad it'll be at the end of the album. I'm glad I'll get to hear most of the new stuff before I hear the old stuff. And I must disagree. I think it would end the album right. So I hope it's the album closer.

I know, few of us think so, I think its perfect, but i kind of hope there is a little MX reprise at the end of it

It's a safe bet to assume ETIAW will close the album as it closes the gigs. I think it would be a great closer as it really contains the idea of the album: rebels overcoming adversities. But best to put out all your ideas as quickly as possible now cuz Monday is getting nearer :)

Right possibly hours before the true identity of Mylo Xyloto is released here is my prediction

1. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

2. Paradise

3. Charlie Brown

4. UFO

5. Car Kids

6. Nappies

7. Don't Let It Break Your Heart

8. Space Symphony

9. Mylo Xyloto

10. Great Expectations

11. It Was A Beautiful Day

12. Up In Flames

13. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

14. Princess of China (hidden track)

15. Us Against The World (hidden track)

I don't know about you guys but I think this is an exceptionally good guess as to what tracks to expect on the album. Ooooooooooooohh my heart is fluttering now, I think there are going to be a good few oooooooooooohhhsss on this album, I just really want to now what is included now, (not long to wait now hopefully until we find out, but you know Coldplay if they can make us wait longer they will especially with this album).

1.its way to much..

2. Space Symphony ??? Nappies ??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3. Two Hidden Tracks in a row ??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

4. PoC doesnt really fit into the end of MX,if its on.

...so,i dont think that list is realistic...

1. Three U's.

2. At least two B-Sides.

3. MX and HLH will be combined.

Those are three things I think are for sure. I really don't see them wasting an entire track on 42 seconds or so on MX, and I definitely don't think it'll be a B-Side.

The only possible problem with mine, is it may be too long. Their album will be around 42 minutes, so mine may break that. Then again, they may all be average length songs. Never know. All I know, is that I really really really hope Car Kids is on there.

Wait,wait,wait...didn't Oracle or someone say MX intro is actually a separate song Mylo Xyloto that will be longer than just 42 seconds? Or is that I've misunderstood the whole thing?

August 23, 2011 - submitted by Jon, United States of America

Q. Hi Oracle,

I was wondering if the song played before Hurts Like Heaven during the festival circuit is actually called Mylo Xyloto and was just shortened to MX to avoid spoiling the title of LP5 before the title was officially announced. Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Ta-da! I wondered when someone would pick up on that after what I had said about it in a couple of answers.

MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven.

:)

I don't terribly mind ETIAW on the album, but if it's the last song then I have nothing to say to them. Celebratory nonsense or whatever for the theme, but usually a love story ends on a more somber note.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERY TEAH DROP IS A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTERRRFAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

^That's a terrible closing statement.

Its a great closing statement. Get over yourself.

August 23, 2011 - submitted by Jon, United States of America

Q. Hi Oracle,

I was wondering if the song played before Hurts Like Heaven during the festival circuit is actually called Mylo Xyloto and was just shortened to MX to avoid spoiling the title of LP5 before the title was officially announced. Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Ta-da! I wondered when someone would pick up on that after what I had said about it in a couple of answers.

MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven.

:)

That's only referring to the name. Not the length of the song.