✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What I Believe To Be Included On LP5

SonnyIanni

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have people got the song name Tomorrow from?

Its on the Princess of China live video on youtube.

Says Tomorrow CK so I believe it could be called Tomorrow / Car Kids or be a bit like Charlie Brown where its named that instead of Cartoon Hearts.

It was a registered song on a music database under Chris,Johnny,Guy,Will and Brian Eno. There was other track titles to -

Paradise and A Hopeful Transmission!!

okay thanks :) all three songs names sound really good :D

Its on the Princess of China live video on youtube.

Says Tomorrow CK so I believe it could be called Tomorrow / Car Kids or be a bit like Charlie Brown where its named that instead of Cartoon Hearts.

thanks :) that to pieces of proof we have of Tomorrow being a song that's potentially on LP5, with this and it being registered.

1. MX

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Tomorrow

4. A Hopeful Transmission

5. Up With Birds

6. R.E.X

7. Major Minus

8. Great Expectations

9. U.F.O

10. Charlie Brown

11. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

12. Up In Flames

13. Mylo Xyloto

B-sides:

1. Princess of China

2. Paradise

3. Moving To Mars

4. Us Against The World

Some of those unreleased tracks that are on the PRS are from past recording sessions for past albums so it's unlikely that they're still working on them now. We can safely assume that anything from 2008 or before won't be on the album.

Okay, I need to rant. This is NOT personally directed at any of you in particular. I want to make that clear. But I need to call out a trend I've been seeing on the forum for a while now.

Are we just spouting off known possible track names that sound cool? Because we haven't even heard 4/5ths of these songs. They won't use Viva era stuff. Period. Famous Old Painters? DEAD FOREVER. You guys will be still asking about FOP decades from now. LeftRightLeftRightLeft? DEAD FOREVER (this was answered once, Will didn't like LRLRL so they stopped writing it early on and they just felt it would be a cool name for a live album). Wedding Bells? Pieces were used for the final version of Christmas Lights. Oh yeah, and Wedding Bells sucked anyway. Spanish Rain? Was just a fun bonus for the Latin American tour. Too much of a blatant Springsteen rip-off to include on record anyway.

So we just have the stuff we've heard live on this festival tour, plus about 50 possible song names that either A) will have their names changed (like Cartoon Heart did) or B) never actually make it on the album, because like FOP and LRLRL, they were just fun ideas that never went anywhere in the recording studio.

Okay, rant done. To SonnyIanni, welcome to the forum. :) I'm not usually this nasty, so don't worry, most of us tend to be pretty nice. ;) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Okay, I need to rant. This is NOT personally directed at any of you in particular. I want to make that clear. But I need to call out a trend I've been seeing on the forum for a while now.

Are we just spouting off known possible track names that sound cool? Because we haven't even heard 4/5ths of these songs. They won't use Viva era stuff. Period. Famous Old Painters? DEAD FOREVER. You guys will be still asking about FOP decades from now. LeftRightLeftRightLeft? DEAD FOREVER (this was answered once, Will didn't like LRLRL so they stopped writing it early on and they just felt it would be a cool name for a live album). Wedding Bells? Pieces were used for the final version of Christmas Lights. Oh yeah, and Wedding Bells sucked anyway. Spanish Rain? Was just a fun bonus for the Latin American tour. Too much of a blatant Springsteen rip-off to include on record anyway.

So we just have the stuff we've heard live on this festival tour, plus about 50 possible song names that either A) will have their names changed (like Cartoon Heart did) or B) never actually make it on the album, because like FOP and LRLRL, they were just fun ideas that never went anywhere in the recording studio.

Okay, rant done. To SonnyIanni, welcome to the forum. :) I'm not usually this nasty, so don't worry, most of us tend to be pretty nice. ;) Hope you enjoy your time here.

I think their fair statements you made. And thank you for commenting on the FOP and LRLRL thing because that needed to be addressed. But i wouldn't say that Wedding Bells, Christmas Lights or Spanish Rain were bad songs. Your entitled to your opinion but they were (to me) solid songs that i would welcome on the new record. I also think Spanish Rain is it's own song and not a rip of although maybe their were some small similarities which upon further listening is honestly hard to hear to Dancing In The Dark . I think respect needs to be shown to all of these songs and that they as far as we know could still be in the running for a place on LP5.

^ Wedding Bells has been confirmed by Chris and the Oracle not to be on the album. It actually evolved into the first part Christmas Lights. And it's VERY unlikely for Christmas Lights to be on the album. It's a fantastic song, but it would be very weird putting it on the album considering it's a Christmas song.

YES! This is right. Maybe not Spanish Rain (Oracle told me it would a b-side) but stuff like Great Expectations, LRLRL, FOL are all clearly Viva-ish. I may be wrong but I doubt it!!

YES! This is right. Maybe not Spanish Rain (Oracle told me it would a b-side) but stuff like Great Expectations, LRLRL, FOL are all clearly Viva-ish. I may be wrong but I doubt it!!

really? wow! when did he/she tell you it would be a b side?

really? wow! when did he/she tell you it would be a b side?

Erm i asked the question about 9 months ago I think. and she said it was never considered for the album but that Chris said it would be a b side. If you type into google:

'it never was sam coldplay spanish rain don quixote chris b side' you should get a link up to the question!