✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What I Believe To Be Included On LP5

SonnyIanni

I'm hoping for many new songs, not just those we've already heard!

I'd like it if they include a studio version of "Hurts Like Heaven","Charlie Brown" and "Us against the World" but i think there's no need to put MM and ETIAW on LP5 again (more space for new material:)). I don't think "Moving to Mars" won't make it on LP5,even if i like it much more than Major Minus and ETIAW.

But one more question,did some of you also think that some of the new songs are comparable to songs they relased before,especially from the Viva la Vida Era (and i don't say this in a negative way!)?:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall = new Viva la Vida

Moving to Mars = new 42

Charlie Brown = new Life in Technicholor

Us Against the World = new Til Kingdom Come

Princess of China = new Lost!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I need to rant. This is NOT personally directed at any of you in particular. I want to make that clear. But I need to call out a trend I've been seeing on the forum for a while now.

Are we just spouting off known possible track names that sound cool? Because we haven't even heard 4/5ths of these songs. They won't use Viva era stuff. Period. Famous Old Painters? DEAD FOREVER. You guys will be still asking about FOP decades from now. LeftRightLeftRightLeft? DEAD FOREVER (this was answered once, Will didn't like LRLRL so they stopped writing it early on and they just felt it would be a cool name for a live album). Wedding Bells? Pieces were used for the final version of Christmas Lights. Oh yeah, and Wedding Bells sucked anyway. Spanish Rain? Was just a fun bonus for the Latin American tour. Too much of a blatant Springsteen rip-off to include on record anyway.

So we just have the stuff we've heard live on this festival tour, plus about 50 possible song names that either A) will have their names changed (like Cartoon Heart did) or B) never actually make it on the album, because like FOP and LRLRL, they were just fun ideas that never went anywhere in the recording studio.

Okay, rant done. To SonnyIanni, welcome to the forum. :) I'm not usually this nasty, so don't worry, most of us tend to be pretty nice. ;) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Agreed. Some of these songs may have been kinda cool, but they were written for the Viva era, not the LP5 era.

(and for the record, I like Wedding Bells :rolleyes:)

I'm hoping for many new songs, not just those we've already heard!

I'd like it if they include a studio version of "Hurts Like Heaven","Charlie Brown" and "Us against the World" but i think there's no need to put MM and ETIAW on LP5 again (more space for new material:)). I don't think "Moving to Mars" won't make it on LP5,even if i like it much more than Major Minus and ETIAW.

But one more question,did some of you also think that some of the new songs are comparable to songs they relased before,especially from the Viva la Vida Era (and i don't say this in a negative way!)?:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall = new Viva la Vida

Moving to Mars = new 42

Charlie Brown = new Life in Technicholor

Us Against the World = new Til Kingdom Come

Princess of China = new Lost!

welcome to coldplaying!

Charlie Brown

Princess of China

Hurts Like Heaven

Car Kids

Major Minus

Up In Flames

Maybe E.T.I.A.W.

But... Us Against The World is kind of hard. I don't think it fits the sound of any of the other new songs played. Lyrically it fits the rebellion theme, but otherwise I just can't see it.

Charlie Brown

Princess of China

Hurts Like Heaven

Car Kids

Major Minus

Up In Flames

Maybe E.T.I.A.W.

But... Us Against The World is kind of hard. I don't think it fits the sound of any of the other new songs played. Lyrically it fits the rebellion theme, but otherwise I just can't see it.

Chris constantly saying "maybe in a year you'll like this song" before UATW makes me think it will definitely be on the album

Certainly nothing wrong with speculating if you enjoy it, but personally I think its a pretty pointless exercise. Peoples opinions here are all biased anyways. Some people would love to believe coldplay came to the festivals and played shit songs they won't put on the album because they think the songs are bad. People are biased. If people were rational they'd realize there's probably four guarantees - mm, Charlie brown, hlh, usatw and that's it. I realize most people don't want etiaw because they hate it or are greedy coldplayers (aren't we all?) But I think there's the slimmest of chances it doesn't make the cut.

But please debate all this to your hearts content. I'll be happy when they finally tell us.

^This, sort of. They're Coldplay, not gods, the rest of LP5 could very well be uninspired, try-hard filler. I don't think any one of us wants that, but shutting out every possible disappointment isn't what you're gonna wanna do.

Actually they are Gods!!!!!