✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Comparison

danmets21

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think they're good songs, but so far I haven't seen anything that's better than the songs from the Viva/ARoBttH era (although I do agree that HLH is pretty awesome and I'm really excited to hear a quality version of PoC)

Fair enough. And PoC doesn't strike me as that good lyrically. I think it sounds too much like the last album musically to be on the new one. :thinking: Not sure why though.

Fair enough. And PoC doesn't strike me as that good lyrically. I think it sounds too much like the last album musically to be on the new one. :thinking: Not sure why though.

Lost! isn't that lyrically advanced either, but I'm a huge sap for those kickass bongo drums! :smug:

. . . but I'm a total sucker for that synth scream :wacky: IT'S. SO. AWESOME.

+34,328,472,395,874,358,974,309,857,234,059,873,450,983,742,598,024,365,078,257,983,474,098,325,743,859,643,756,432,709,587,435,098,437,250,924,385,743,208,957,643,257,865

True, the lyrics aren't the best (I'm talking about PoC, not Lost! :P)

. . . but I'm a total sucker for that synth scream :wacky: IT'S. SO. AWESOME.

If Princess of China does make LP5 altough it seems a bit

Viva-ish - the lyrics i reckon will have been tweaked!!

To me, the stuff's not up to scratch, honestly If I was to order my favourite albums including LP5, it'd go something like this at the moment:

1. AROBTH

2. Parachutes

3. Viva

4. X&Y

5. LP5

The stuff's not as good as before, and not nearly as :guitar heavy" as parachutes, that was their guitar album for me, a lot more stripped back and naked than the rest, this one is looking to have a sort of euphoric, dancey, upbeat, party feel. I like the idea (that's the only thing I like about ETIAW), but the quality of songs aren't as good as before (yes, even Major Minus and all of their unreleased stuff). Although HLH is a glimmer of good hope for me.

@Fix42YellowClocks

Don't know why, but I''m so sure about the quality of LP5. Can't describe why, my gut feeling and with regard to the songs they released. And I'm very sure that there are some big things still under secret. ;)

But its also a matter of personal taste. I really liked the Viva-style so its perhaps a bit easier for me to like the new songs. :)

Remember that this is a song of a girl or Chris wrote it through that perspective. It makes sense for me and I really love the song. ;)

Its a brillant song its just when I listen to that part I feel like its like Chris is

tryna fill a gap!!Cant wait for the studio version tough!!

First of all, out of everything you CAN hear on the videos that have been taped of PoC, one of the things that is most definitely unclear and vague are the lyrics. I don't really know what the hell he's saying, and frankly.... I don't really care! The song's main riff is super addicting, the part when it transforms into "Could've been a princess!" is completely unexpected and transfixing, and then when he sings the "lalalalala's", there's this tack-piano instrument in the background that adds an amazing atmosphere. After that it goes into the quiet synthy bridge until it explodes again to that iconic synth scream!

It's an epic song! I can't stop listening to it! I keep on singing the 'Whoas!!' on Will's part on that awesome synthy riff! It's the Viva La Vida/Yes of LP5

First of all, out of everything you CAN hear on the videos that have been taped of PoC, one of the things that is most definitely unclear and vague are the lyrics. I don't really know what the hell he's saying, and frankly.... I don't really care! The song's main riff is super addicting, the part when it transforms into "Could've been a princess!" is completely unexpected and transfixing, and then when he sings the "lalalalala's", there's this tack-piano instrument in the background that adds an amazing atmosphere. After that it goes into the quiet synthy bridge until it explodes again to that iconic synth scream!

It's an epic song! I can't stop listening to it! I keep on singing the 'Whoas!!' on Will's part on that awesome synthy riff! It's the Viva La Vida/Yes of LP5

I can totally agree on this! :lol:

Except the last sentence. Don't see it will be so succesful as Viva.

I guess I should second my 'first of all':

Please listen to Cemeteries Of London, 42, and Yellow. The lyrics make no sense at all. Even Chris admits he "still doesn't know what the hell it's about", but that's not what makes an amazing song.

Have you listened to most Beatles stuff??? Holy CRAP!! Come Together makes NO sense!

I think for me it's gonna end up as LP5>X&Y>AROBTTH>VLVODAAHF>Parachutes.

Now, Parachutes might be last, but don't get me wrong, I FREAKING LOVE PARACHUTES MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS! It's just really hard for me to give an order of my favourite albums and chances are that order will change tomorrow and the next day and so on...

I think for me it's gonna end up as LP5>X&Y>AROBTTH>VLVODAAHF>Parachutes.

Now, Parachutes might be last, but don't get me wrong, I FREAKING LOVE PARACHUTES MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS! It's just really hard for me to give an order of my favourite albums and chances are that order will change tomorrow and the next day and so on...

dude if you don't feel comfortable using the < > signs, try this one ;) =

it's called "equal" :laugh3: