✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Announced - Friday August 12th: MYLO XYLOTO (Join the Party!!!)

the_escapist

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Major Minus

4. Car Kids

5. Up With The Birds

6. Paradise

7. Charlie Brown

8. Princess Of China

9. Up In Flames

10. Sex Violence

11. Us Against The World

12. Rex

Something around that....... Big rumors around 16 track album not sure though

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6a00d8341c556453ef00e54f55d0fd8834-640wi.jpg

My face when I saw they decided to use "Mylo Xyloto"

I much prefer MX. The reverse album cover is cool, the actual cover, not so much.

Inevitably ETIAW will be on this and I will cry.

Let's just hope this sooper dooper edition won't be terrible overpriced for what it is...

My face when I saw they decided to use "Mylo Xyloto"

I much prefer MX. The reverse album cover is cool, the actual cover, not so much.

Inevitably ETIAW will be on this and I will cry.

Let's just hope this sooper dooper edition won't be terrible overpriced for what it is...

Hahaahhahhaahha

Oh crap... I didn't think of that when I said I would buy both. I hope it's about 30 dollars so I can get it the same day I download the album. If it's more I'll still buy it but it may take me a bit longer. Hell, I'll even go up to 50 for first day order. (I'm just that much of a fanatic :P)

Lovely artwork, but I have to get used to the new title - I think that I will call it MX of LP5. The Viva album was also shortened to Viva la Vida album or the Viva album.

BUT where is Princess of China? I need to see it there.

I have just sent a question to the Oracle asking her whether Princess of China will be on the new album - and that I - and others with me - would very much like it to be there so we would like to know whether it will be on the new album.

I hope that she replies - or better that we find something to suggest that it is indeed on the new album (so that we do not have to wait until next week to get the reply).

Princess of China MUST be there. Please!

I have just sent a question to the Oracle asking her whether Princess of China will be on the new album - and that I - and others with me - would very much like it to be there so we would like to know whether it will be on the new album.

I'm sure she would too! She's gone on record saying Princess of China is her favourite of the new tracks.

Well, Mylo Xyloto it is. We knew such name from some weeks ago, but now we have the official confirmation. It is undeniable that it is a strange title, but I guess it will grow up on us when we actually hear from the boys what it means. As to the other news, I just think that the special edition of the album will be SICK. We will get access to the bands notebooks. This is probably going to be the first time that the album title is not a track, specially if they leave the song called MX with such title. Maybe it is called Mylo Xyloto and was called MX during the festival just not to spoil the surprise. Anyways, I am sure they boys won't let us down and the only thing left to say is I CAN'T WAIT FOR OCTOBER 24TH!!!!

My initial, just-woken up thoughts are as follows:

1) I like the title, but I blame that on the fact we have seen the title for quite a few weeks now, and I have had time to more-or-less 'accept' it. It seems to fit the theme of the record, and for that, I am trusting in Coldplay.

2) I LOVE the album art. Like most had speculated, it isn't too different from the "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" single and EP cover art, but it certainly catches your attention. Is it the most glorious album art by Coldplay?

Possibly. :P

3) I have no idea what to expect for "Paradise" (except the excerpt in Billboard mentioning it is bass-heavy.), but I really, really like the title. I'd love for it to be something fast, but mellow. You know, like typical Coldplay singles.

4) The only thing I am bothered about is the so-called confirmed songs for MX. Of course, Billboard could just be wildly speculating, but I hope to God only a couple of festival songs make/made the cut. I'd be A-okay with Charlie Brown and Us Against The World on the album. Everything else can hit an EP.

5) My final thought, but - how awesome is the special edition; album art and all? I am 100% positive I will be buying this as soon as I can pre-order it.

Coldplay, I love you. Thank you for being awesome.