✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Announced - Friday August 12th: MYLO XYLOTO (Join the Party!!!)

the_escapist

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D

1) At 1st I didnt like the cover at all,but looking it on my pc its quite good.

2) Prefered Major minus over Mylo Xyloto as a title, I have to get use to it.

3) "Weird sense of relief announcing Mylo Xyloto and release date..Paradise, Up in flames, Princess of China - let's get em out there! PH"

This probably means that those 2 will be Bsides of Paradise.

4) Paradise itself is exciting :wacky: I didnt expect a new unkown song to be as a single, im pretty sure it will be a HUGE one .

5) we should thank all EMI / COldplay communities in LatinAmerica that revealed that we were gonna get news soon.

6) I still dont know why Under 1 roof is hand-written on coldplay.com

:dance:

Juanma - yeah i think princess of china may be a b-side, based on Chris' interview w/ billboard - he mentioned there were some songs he thought were good, but then he plays them live and it doesn't go over as well (i.e. POC, perhaps, Animals, Murder - some songs slated for AROBTTH, but didnt' make it).

Up in Flames i thought would make the album kind of like Clocks did for the Rush of blood album. We'll see, love phil harvey - he really is the 5th Coldplay member w/o his money early on, who knows what may have happened. Thanks Phil for giving the world the gift of your 4 friend's talent and creativity.

So I've been awake for a little while now, I was reading all your comments before the announcement, haha so funny :lol:

Anyways I set my alarm up to see the announcement and saw it and then went to sleep quite content :) I love it and can't wait to buy it now. First thing I did was count how many more days we gotta wait :\ oh well at least we know! :D

I definitely want the special edition!!! :dance:

Ohh, FINALLY! I'm so excited for the new album! :dance: Just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the official confirmation on the website :P Mylo Xyloto is such a hard thing to pronounce, btw.

Anyway, I'm sure this album will be even bigger than Viva! And only one month left till the next single comes out :cool:

5) we should thank all EMI / COldplay communities in LatinAmerica that revealed that we were gonna get news soon.

And for what? You have got the announcement anyway, and it actually killed the surprise for me to be honest, I hate when people who should respect deadlines aren't able to shut up.

If all people were like them you could have known the album was coming out for sure in October since late March.

So I browse this forum and the official site every day for months on end, and now I have to find the announcement when reading the music news on television text!

So, our assumptions have been confirmed. Nice title. I really don't like the artwork but at least it's not as kitschy or as bad as the ETIAW artwork, which was awful. Speaking of awful, I see "every tear's a waterfall" scribbled on the artwork. This makes me fear that ETIAW will really be on it after all :(

But I'm happy at least now we know. :)

Also, Paradise in September, fingers crossed!

Thank you Coldplay for putting an end to our craziness.

There's no end to our craziness! Now there'll be craziness about the tracklisting, the exact nature of the CD packaging, etc. :dizzy:

Roll on October 24th. I just want to hear the new album!!

MX

Just popping my head round the door to say that I'm just as excited as I always am - as I was:

Before AROBTTH

Before X&Y

Before VLVODAAHF

I love this band, I can't believe how much joy they bring me and they're as friendly and humble as always.

Every Coldplay album has got better and better to me with more listens in the days and weeks following release.

Congratulations to the guys for another album release - I really hope we see them do many more.

LOVE

Paul

The craze has only just begun. Tracklisting, deciphering the cover art... There's a lot of work to be done :P

Also, why is the X in Xyloto pronounced as a Z and not as an X?

For the same reason the X is pronounced as a Z in Xylophone I suppose. Just a weird little thing in the English language.