✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up In Flames the new Clocks?

Skin&Bones

Up In Flames was written in the spur of a moment situation just a matter of weeks ago, and now the album is being finalized. Clocks was also one of these spur of the moment songs, and it ended up being arguable their best hit (behind Viva of course).

Would you say Up In Flames could be this song? Chris Martin and Co. seem to be pretty excited about it in particular, and obviously Phil does too!

Even though we haven't heard it, what would you think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting speculation. I don´t think the title is as epic as Clocks, but never judge a book by its cover , right? Chris said they are all pretty fired up and maybe last moments´creations like UIF might actually turn out to be the best ones. I don´t really feel this will be a new Clocks, but good reasoning

Well, Up In Flames will have to be flipping amazing to be better than Clocks :P And I don't think there will ever be another song that can beat it, but I could definitely see UIF becoming one one of their bigger hits :nod:

Who knows? Maybe this album will have four huge songs that will still be played years from now (a la ARoBttH) :shrug:

Actually the song you're thinking of was the scientist. The band had written all the other songs, and what came last was the scientist. The "missing piece" for arobtth. I know this because ive made it my business to know everything about that song as its my favorite.

In that sense it does sound like the band consider it a missing piece, but who can say what that means about its potential popularity.

Actually the song you're thinking of was the scientist. The band had written all the other songs, and what came last was the scientist. The "missing piece" for arobtth. I know this because ive made it my business to know everything about that song as its my favorite.

In that sense it does sound like the band consider it a missing piece, but who can say what that means about its potential popularity.

If I'm not mistaken, The Scientist was also one of those songs (I actually watched the interview of Chris Martin :P ) He said it was created right after George Harrison's death and he was inspired by one of his songs, and then the rest came to him. The whole song was created in, like, 3 minutes. Then he got the band to layer their instruments on top.

Clocks was also one of those songs. Here's what I read off Wikipedia. It said it was composed during the 'late stages' of the album process, and they already had ten songs for the album. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clocks_(song)

I wonder... if the name Up In Flames refers to a decidedly non-green energy policy persued by David Cameron? If this article is any indication: Up In Flames: Cameron's pledge to lead the greenest government ever - Johann Hari, Commentators - The Independent

Which spells trouble for the UK's clean drinking water (as it does here on the east coast), and may do a huge disservice to the planet's climate. Beware of Hydraulic Fracking!

Maybe it depends on whether it would fit into one of the three possible sequencing lists. As disclosed in the latest article/interview, a conceptual "love in oppression" album with a happy ending only if you hear it in a right order. I am guessing this song might fill in a blank part of the canvas - before they finish, we still don't know the whole picture and how it is blended.

I've put on a Memorial Blog [http://www.myspace.com/nanciblues/blog/543935332] for Clocks - as I felt "synchronizing" again. Right after that day, I got the news of LP5 album title from Co. email list. I still remember how I was touched and inspired by the first two albums...Maybe we all have such a period of time, be most absorbing, eyes wide open, usually sth. significant happened as well..ahhh...