✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that you can't stand, but respect?

Brent

So I saw this topic on another forum. I didn't see one on here, and although I'm wary of starting a new thread, I'm curious about what Coldplayers think.

I'll start. I really really don't like U2 (swear I'm not trying to troll here!). I find that a lot of their stuff is very bland for my taste, and their albums are all the same to me! I also really don't like Bono (his voice is too repetitive and he is a boring lyricist, in my opinion). They're just plain-Jane rock to me, and I don't see what the big deal is.

However, I do respect them for paving the way for bands like Coldplay to take the main stage. I really think that they basically created the arena-rock niche that Coldplay, Oasis, RHCP, etc found success in.

Any thoughts? :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw this topic on another forum. I didn't see one on here, and although I'm wary of starting a new thread, I'm curious about what Coldplayers think.

I'll start. I really really don't like U2 (swear I'm not trying to troll here!). I find that a lot of their stuff is very bland for my taste, and their albums are all the same to me! I also really don't like Bono (his voice is too repetitive and he is a boring lyricist, in my opinion). They're just plain-Jane rock to me, and I don't see what the big deal is.

However, I do respect them for paving the way for bands like Coldplay to take the main stage. I really think that they basically created the arena-rock niche that Coldplay, Oasis, RHCP, etc found success in.

Any thoughts? :D

You have not listened to U2 a day in your life have you?

Boy - Punk Rock

October - Spiritual Rock

War - Punk Rock

The Unforgettable Fire - Alternative

The Joshua Tree - Rock

Rattle and Hum - Blues

Achtung Baby - Techno Rock

Zooropa - Alternative Techno

Pop - Alternative Dance

All That You Can't Leave Behind - Pop Rock

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - Rock

No Line On The Horizon - Hymnic Rock

NONE of U2's albums sound the same. :dozey:

I love most Dylan, but the_gloaming09 is right...he's most definitely past his prime. WAY past his prime.

And I hate the Dylan era where he only wrote songs about being a new, born again Christian. Every album he put out was awful, for like 9 years or so.

I love most Dylan, but the_gloaming09 is right...he's most definitely past his prime. WAY past his prime.

And I hate the Dylan era where he only wrote songs about being a new, born again Christian. Every album he put out was awful, for like 9 years or so.

I disagree, but to an extent. He still puts out great music, even in his 70's. I liked most of the songs during his Christian era, but the CD's following that era were pretty mediocre.

I disagree, but to an extent. He still puts out great music, even in his 70's. I liked most of the songs during his Christian era, but the CD's following that era were pretty mediocre.

I love the album Modern Times. I think it's a lot better than Shot of Love or Oh Mercy, which both came from his Christian era. But we all have our opinions! :D

Awesome username, by the way. BIG TUNA

I love the album Modern Times. I think it's a lot better than Shot of Love or Oh Mercy, which both came from his Christian era. But we all have our opinions! :D

Awesome username, by the way. BIG TUNA

My favorite is Time Out of Mind, but Modern Times is definitely close. I love me some Bob.

I love Mr. Bernard. Cornell FTW.