✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that you can't stand, but respect?

Brent

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like or respect Nirvana...

Wu Tang Clan

Well I don't like or respect Wu Tang :phu:

Florence + The Machine.

I seriously don't get the fascination. I hate Florence Welch's voice.

Seriously? But EVERYONE likes her : (

Yeah, her voice makes me cringe ): and she's too loud.

Eh, she is kind of loud. But I like her.

Except all the songs sound the same. But that one song they put on the album 14 times is really really good.

not like and respect the singers and bands who do not respect the fans because they think it is the celebrities themselves and the fans they are just there to buy their material. and they are many pompous people who do not mix social classes.

Prince

Elton John

Bjork

and others

there are even those who clapped the fans.

Except all the songs sound the same. But that one song they put on the album 14 times is really really good.

That's how I feel about Florence and the Machine, really, all the songs seem the same for me. Don't respect it yet, if they ever release an album with some different things I might...

I feel this way about most artists that I don't count myself as a fan of--I just kind of feel like everyone out there with integrity and creativity deserves my respect, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily into what they're doing. The artists I don't respect are the ones who just in it to be in the Top 40 and make money off a song someone else wrote for them that sounds like everything else on the radio.

But bands that I feel like I should be into based on my tastes and what my friends recommend include The Horrors, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Arctic Monkeys (though I do quite like them, I just don't have an emotional investment in the music), S.C.U.M, Beirut, St. Vincent, and Foster The People. I think they all do cool things and I really respect all of them, but I just personally can't get into the stuff because it's not for me for whatever reason, or all the songs sound the same.

I CANNOT STAND Bono, but I do like U2's music. I just think Bono's WAY too pretentious. However, I don't know if I really fit in here, liking a band, but not liking the lead singer, since this is all about bands you don't like, huh? But either way, I cannot stand Bono, but have gotta have a little respect for him at least, 'cause he's a great musician, and also influences CP. :D

I had a U2 epiphany. Became a fan in 2012. I thought they were overrated and cocky, now I just think they're GRAND.

I'm replay-raping The Joshua Tree. :dazzled: It's amazing how timeless it is, it literally sounds like a 2012 album, it's incredible.

The Unforgettable Fire/The Joshua Tree/Rattle And Hum is my favorite phase. So atmospheric and monumental.

And I love All The Dismantled Atomic Bombs That You Can't Leave Behind. :D A.K.A. a combination of the two albums.

90s U2 i like the least, but I still like it.

I thought I'd have the same epiphany with Radiohead. Nah. Still too weird. Can't stand them but respect them.

But I do love ~15 songs, 1/3 being In Rainbows tracks.

The only U2 I really like is War. That was a great album. Zooropa is okay, Joshua Tree I'll enjoy on occasion. It's just kind of bland to me. But people really like it, and the people in the band are good, and they changed music, so they deserve all the accolades.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I had a U2 epiphany. Became a fan in 2012. I thought they were overrated and cocky, now I just think they're GRAND.

I'm replay-raping The Joshua Tree. :dazzled: It's amazing how timeless it is, it literally sounds like a 2012 album, it's incredible.

The Unforgettable Fire/The Joshua Tree/Rattle And Hum is my favorite phase. So atmospheric and monumental.

And I love All The Dismantled Atomic Bombs That You Can't Leave Behind. :D A.K.A. a combination of the two albums.

90s U2 i like the least, but I still like it.

I thought I'd have the same epiphany with Radiohead. Nah. Still too weird. Can't stand them but respect them.

But I do love ~15 songs, 1/3 being In Rainbows tracks.

The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby are definitely the two defining U2 albums for me. The former is the most beautiful sounding album I've ever heard. There's something of a Celtic spirit about it. A lot of October is like that as well.

The only U2 I really like is War. That was a great album. Zooropa is okay, Joshua Tree I'll enjoy on occasion. It's just kind of bland to me. But people really like it, and the people in the band are good, and they changed music, so they deserve all the accolades.

I prefer my U2 with a twist of Eno. The Unforgettable Fire is better than War to me and I actually think that War is kinda bland. It sounds like an "80s album", whereas albums after it don't have details that age them. I wouldn't call The Joshua Tree bland at all, I'd say it's mostly subdued with awesome outbursts of epicness... I'm in The Unforgettable Fire mood today. It's like an upbeat Joshua Tree...

Guest howyousawtheworld
I prefer my U2 with a twist of Eno. The Unforgettable Fire is better than War to me and I actually think that War is kinda bland. It sounds like an "80s album", whereas albums after it don't have details that age them. I wouldn't call The Joshua Tree bland at all, I'd say it's mostly subdued with awesome outbursts of epicness... I'm in The Unforgettable Fire mood today. It' like an upbeat Joshua Tree...

I think Lillywhite era is fantastic but like yourself I prefer my U2 with a bit of Eno. That said War contains some of the best ever U2 songs in my opinion. Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Drowning Man and "40". But for me like yourself definitely The Unfrogettable Fire>War