✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that you can't stand, but respect?

Brent

:sad:

Although if you do like Muse instrumental I'd suggest Blackout instrumental (if you haven't already heard it), it's beautiful even without Matt's singing. :wacko:

I knew some people here wouldn't like my post. Thanks for the tip. I forgot to add how awesome Knights of Cydonia (the intro at least) is and how epic Newborn instrumentals are.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bjork - never really understood what her music is about, but for sure she's influential and quite unique artist.

Joy Division - when I listen to them, I plainly want to die. Maybe that depressive mood never let me appreciate the band, I don't know.

Bob Dylan - I just don't like his voice.

David Bowie - Maybe I'm dumb musically, but I just can't stand his voice and his music. I really tried to dig into, but it's perhaps not my cup of tea. Is it that bad?

I have to add Bieber to my list. . . I don't like his music at ALL but I think that his voice is a good pop voice (for now at least lol!).

I knew some people here wouldn't like my post. Thanks for the tip. I forgot to add how awesome Knights of Cydonia (the intro at least) is and how epic Newborn instrumentals are.

Most people (in the World of Music at least :P) are usually pretty accepting of differences of musical taste, as it is only personal taste of course.

No problem! And I personally prefer the ending riff of Knights, especially live. Really gets everyone going crazy! :awesome: I actually haven't listened to a New Born instrumental before, I think I will. :surprised:

You may also like the Exogenesis Symphonies. . .mostly instrumental, very pretty. :smiley:

I've never really been into Muse, but I respect the fact that they're all very talented and work incredibly hard at what they do. Perhaps I've listened to the wrong albums or something (The Resistance is a decent album, but not once have I ever been able to sit through Black Holes & Revelations)...

Roxy Music. I quite like the first 2-3 albums but the others are just boring, IMO, and Bryan Ferry's voice is annoying, but I respect them for being influential for a lot of other bands.

I can't stand Cream (and Eric Clapton as solo) for some reason too.

The Foo Fighters- I wouldn't say I can't stand them but just could never get into their music.

Funnily enough my second would be Coldplay, again it's not that I can't stand them, in honesty I'm not particularly keen on any of their music I find their guitar and bass especially un interesting to listen to, yet their a huge comercial sucess and lots of people feel very attached to their music so I can't help but respect what they've achieved.

• 3 months later...

Well obviously add me to the list of people lovehating U2.

I've listened to 3 of their albums yesterday and it was like torture.

I really really REALLY love some of their songs but the rest is so bland and overproduced.

It's like listening to the same song over and over again (apart from the 3 outstanding songs on each album).

2 albums = 16 Grammys. 16? :|

Next, I gotta say Radiohead. I've been listening to them for the last couple of months, really enjoying some of the songs.

But between U2 and Radiohead stand Coldplay who get everything right and whom I love. :dazzled:

And, in the end, The Beatles. :| Love 10 songs, and the rest? Hugely overrated. But I respect them very much...