✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown On Sky One Advert [CLIP IN FIRST POST]

Comster

I think only Sky have it at the moment. The only channels that have used the song so far is Sky One and Sky Sports. Even so, there must be enough people who work at Sky who have access to the song that makes a leak plausible.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O just got something very mad, but, as you know I listen to Hurts Like Heaven everyday and everytime, so, I was just wondering if someone noticed the ending solo of Hurts Like Heaven (at the very ending) could that become the beginning of Charlie Brown (that strange sound)?

What do you think?

O just got something very mad, but, as you know I listen to Hurts Like Heaven everyday and everytime, so, I was just wondering if someone noticed the ending solo of Hurts Like Heaven (at the very ending) could that become the beginning of Charlie Brown (that strange sound)?

What do you think?

http://soundcloud.com/rafaelchampion/hurts-like-heaven-charlie

^ This. The guitar effect at HLH sounds like the strange sound on CB.

You've just crossfaded the songs, you can do that with any 2 songs and the majority of the time it sounds like they're supposed to be together. I don't think the guitar effect sounds anything like the start of Charlie Brown. One sound is a guitar effect, the other is sped up vocals, there's a big difference.

Also, if it is intended to put Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown together, then why are the band considering leaving HLH off the album? If they've gone to the trouble of matching the sounds effects in the 2 songs then they must be certain that both songs will make the album.

Any similarities are coincidences I reckon.

Wow, the piano outro was indeed for Charlie Brown, except in the studio version it's played immediately after rather than that long wait in the live version. They haven't gone overboard on the voice effects either, I'm impressed.

I don't necessarily agree with that, I think Sky One just edited it to fit the running time of the ad. It certainly sounds edited to me, anyways.

I love how Sky constantly uses Mad Dogs clips in all their adverts :dazzled:

and I'm sure I heard Charlie Brown on BBC one day can't remember what though but they must have already sold rights to the song and I'm sure it will be a single.