✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Much Music, Toronto

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're closing down the street?? Does that mean that the audience will extend on to the street? I just thought it was the parking lot, and based off what everyone was saying, I think this and ACL could be the most intimate gig they have played this year,

Per Much's official twitter:

j11vus.jpg

"Didn't get a wristband? Thx to the overwhelming response, we're gonna shut down Queen St on Weds! So come on down to watch."

And the security folks repeated the same thing when I was in line this morning.

i'm so confusedd. for rogers ticket holders, are they going to physically GIVE you something like a ticket? so you can go in and out of the place, or give the ticket to a friend? because i have a rogers ticket which admits 2.. but my friend is going to meet me on queen st. but she will be there at 6 and i will be there at 4:30. will i be able to give a physical ticket to her, or do i have to wait until she comes so we can both get in? :( cause i dont want to wait forever, and then get a horrible spot to watch coldplay..

i'm so confusedd. for rogers ticket holders, are they going to physically GIVE you something like a ticket? so you can go in and out of the place, or give the ticket to a friend? because i have a rogers ticket which admits 2.. but my friend is going to meet me on queen st. but she will be there at 6 and i will be there at 4:30. will i be able to give a physical ticket to her, or do i have to wait until she comes so we can both get in? :( cause i dont want to wait forever, and then get a horrible spot to watch coldplay..

No, the actual tickets are the text messages you receive. They just scan the bar code. You'll probably have to wait for your friend :\

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

The Coldplayers who won should have some kind of sign or gesture for the rest of us on the board, so we'll know you're from the forum! That way we can watch for you on tv Wed. night. :)

that is a great idea!! :)

The Coldplayers who won should have some kind of sign or gesture for the rest of us on the board, so we'll know you're from the forum! That way we can watch for you on tv Wed. night. :)

Excellent idea! :)

What do you suggest? I had thought of Coldplaying Tshirts, but it's a little late now...

Are you a wristband or a ticket holder? If you are a wristband-person (as I am one too!), I can most definitely try to hold a spot for you in line! Although I'm not sure how that will work but it's worth a shot! :)

That would actually be super sweet of you if actually possible :) My friend and I have the wireless tickets text msg from Rogers though - Is there a difference between those and the wristbands? We get off work at 5 so I'm really hoping we'll make it up there by 5:45pm... We're only a couple of subway stops away but you never know in this city!

I wonder how long the line-up will be by the time they start letting people in? I'm guessing that they probably only gave out about 1000 tickets based on lot size so I'm hoping that the view will be great regardless - Fingers crossed!

I can't say enough how excited I am for Wednesday to get here!!!!!

I thought I saw somewhere that people who got wristbands received some sort of paper with information on it - Such as entry times, and what items you can and cannot bring in the lot... If so, is anyone here able to scan and post that?

I'm a hardcore planner, and the wireless ticket + lack of info makes me nervous, especially for such an amazing event!

That would actually be super sweet of you if actually possible :) My friend and I have the wireless tickets text msg from Rogers though - Is there a difference between those and the wristbands? We get off work at 5 so I'm really hoping we'll make it up there by 5:45pm... We're only a couple of subway stops away but you never know in this city!

I wonder how long the line-up will be by the time they start letting people in? I'm guessing that they probably only gave out about 1000 tickets based on lot size so I'm hoping that the view will be great regardless - Fingers crossed!

I can't say enough how excited I am for Wednesday to get here!!!!!

Hmmm! I've heard that you guys line up at a different location than wristband people because the benefit of having the Rogers wireless tickets was that your gate opens an hour early than wristbands! I heard your gate opens at 5:45!

I will still try to hold spots for you and your friend if it's a different case! Just shout out "Coldplayer named Aunie here?" or something like that! :P

YEAH! we got a info sheet on when the gates open for us (6:45pm) and what to bring or not. I will try to scan it for tomorrow!

AHHHH SO CLOOSE!!

hey guysss!

I'm thinking of making a sign that says " I'll give $100 to Oxfam if we switch watches" b/c i have the same watch ish as chris

is that a good idea or should i say something else? may throw in a chocolate bar :p

and do you think ill be allowed to take a sign in?

Hey guys, I'm not from around Toronto, and I JUST got word that Coldplay are playing in Downtown today. I was wondering if people who were not able to get wristbands are still able to see the show live? I don't know the layout of MuchMusic's parking lot, but it says that those without wristbands can stay at the street front, no idea what that means.

I heard that as well and some of my friends are thinking of doing it swell but unfortunately i am not sure how they have set up the stage so do not know how that aspect of it works

but if they said it I'm sure you can come down just don't know what it entails but if you around id defs recommend coming and checking it out! if it dosnt work at least you tried!

I was walking on campus and a friend told me about it and I flipped shit, always wanted to go to a Coldplay concert never was able to until now. I hope I can get a decent view either way, I'm in it for the music! Anyways, off to bed, good night!

Yeah, you can squish onto Queen St. if you don't mind close quarters. Unless they've changed things since I was there last. You probably won't see much but the sound should still be pretty good. Several people are planning to do that. I'd do it if I could find a ride with a crazy friend,lol. It's lonely being a Kingston Coldplay fan!